Chaining - New Technique

Hi.
After a LD the other night was the first time I managed to keep from opening my eyes and moving (much). But then I couldn’t get back to sleep. It was also the first LD I’ve had in weeks.
I think this method deserve continued trying, though.

I stay still and don’t open my eyes but Its hard to see HI/SP

while I was having a LD, I opened my eyes and I saw my bedroom wall. I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep immediatly and actually felt myself being pushed into my dream body VERY fast. Then, BAM! I was in my dream, lucid again. This has got to be the easiest form of WILDing.

I should try this. Sounds useful, and interesting.

I think I finally successfully chained this morning. Through meditation, I entered a dream consciously. After a while the dream faded away and I became aware of physical body in bed. But I remained completely motionless, even when my body felt tingly, like there was electricity running through my body (which kind of hurt), and continued the lucid dream. I did this several time for at least an hour or two. I don’t remember exactly when I started.

When I chain I usually don’t even notice I’ve entered the dream. Maybe I lose consciousness for a few seconds, not sure. No HI or SP, I mean

From what i understand, this technique is fairly common. i’ve used it myself a number of times, but i find that if you continue to have beyond 3 or 4 lucid dreams, your memory of the first couple gets a little hazy.

For a similar technique, check out the lucidipedia channel on youtube. The guy refers to it as “dream hopping.” it’s for when a dream ends, but you’re still asleep, so you kind of walk through blank dark space for a while and repeat to yourself that you’re dreaming, and then try to imagine a surrounding. It’s worked for me before…

When i was young If I were to have a good dream and i would wake up i could “chain” my dreams together. I would just say " Im going to dream where I left off" and bygoing back to sleep I could keep going where I left off. Sorta like saving in video games. Any now I was lucid but never realized the potential. If I could learn this again I could keep my LD going even after I wake up! :grin:. Any one was/is able to do this?

Merged from similar topic in General Lucidness. :dragon:

This technique is known as DEILD - you can find a guide in the knowledge base.
Best of luck to you, and plenty of LD’s ^^

Yeah, I happen to have done it about 8 times this morning!! I haven’t been that good at staying long periods of time in a LD so that made me better at chaining :wink:

What I do is I wake up and don’t move at all. I repeat to myself “The next time I dream I will remember to recognize I am dreaming” 5 times and then I’ll just try to fall back asleep. I also got to a specific place like this, I wanted to teleport a girl to safety, to the top of a hill, but I woke up while doing it. I told myself “I will get back into the dream at the top of a hill” or something like that. Anyway, for me auto-suggestion + chaining rocks! Give it a try :smile:

1 Like

I tried a few times: i woke up, stayed still with eyes closed, remembered i just had a dream, and tried telling me i would go right back to sleep, and in a few seconds i would hear a WHAM!, all my body would be instantly crossed by a paralyzing/electrical wave, but i would still be awake, and no, it wasn’t SP as i could move a minute after, while the sensation of pointy things on my skin lasted till then.
Another time i experienced HI too, and walked torwards a white light… to the same effect, feeling weird and numb but awake and able to move.
Someone can help me? Maybe i have to get back to sleep faster? (That is, not wasting teh few seconds i use into remembering the highlights of the previous dream?)

i tried it last night but i moved a little…very little. it was like i was in a dream but i was still awake…actually it was like i was looking at a dream and was still awake

i tried last night…but i had moved a little. and it was like i was looking at a dream from above, but was still awake. it also felt like i could see my real body…it was very strange. ima try it again tonight with auto suggestion.
wish me luck!

p.s. : i might have posted twice sorry

Editted into previous post :wink:

Hey,

So how exactly do you ‘train’ your body to wake up without moving? Do you just say ‘I will wake up from my dream and I will not move’ before I go to bed or do I have to do something more complex?

Thanks in advance

That’s the idea :happy: Try to focus on the intention and the meening of the words. and don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t work the first night.

although saying something like “stay still” instead of “not moving” should work better since the SC understands positive suggestions better. What I do is I say it 3 to 5 times in my mind and then simply FORGET about it and try to go to sleep.

yea jus say a mantra like that…it works for me

Thanks, I tried it last night, but while it did not work, I did remember five NDs. I’ll try it again tonight.

This is an approach I am currently mastering. Got two WILDs during previous week. There are three keys:

1. You have to wake up without moving, or if moved stop yourself fast.
  2. You have to be either one who go asleep fast, or be somewhat tired.
  3. You need to try different things after waking up without moving to find out the best one for you. For example, FILD is one of the tech you may try, or “cellphone” tech, when you imagine cellphone or other object in your hand - there plenty of techs to make fast WILD.

I’ve found that meditation really helps. One thing that helps me chain is being able to totally clear my mind and simply focus on entering the dream with NO distractions.

Yeh this works pretty well for me, I just say before I go to sleep over and over again (until I actually fall asleep) “I will wake-up after my dream and stay still” or something similar and most of the time I will wake-up after a dream and stay still for only a few seconds and it will work. I don’t really feel anything, just one minute I’ll be in my bed and the next minute I’ll be in a dream!

and i thought i\ve discovered a new technique 4weeks ago :angry: but it’s a good technique, it takes me about 10 secs to enter a dream :thumbs: