How you go into a lucid dream/how it feels

Don’t worry about the long post, it defiantly helped. :smile:

That’s the thing that confuses me a bit, when i did the finger thing I didn’t fall asleep, just sort of went off into a haze, kind of. Then when I tried to do the RC, I think it woke me up a bit… I’m not sure.

I’ll try to go to sleep for a few hours tonight, and set an alarm or something to wake me up, then try the finger thing again (FILD?), and see if this affects things to how I feel etc.

FILD = Finger Induced Lucid Dream, I believe :tongue:

I think the thing with FILD is to be very gentle. Whne you move your fingers you should move them very little, if I’m not mistaken. Almost like only sending tiny nervous impulses to the fingers so they only twitch a bit. And the RC also has to be gentle. You did the nose RC?

The point is, maybe you did fall asleep but didn’t realize it. Your body fell asleep, I mean. Your mind stayed awake and focused on your fingers. But I don’t know, try going here:

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta rt=90

I’m not experienced enough in FILD, so you might find more useful tips there :tongue:

Give FILD a few more tries. And you can always try other techniques to see what works best for you!

Thanks i’ll give that topic a little read in a mo.

And yeah…maybe…it sounds about right. Hm.

Yeah, i know that when you do FILD the finger movements are supposed to be so that you only feel them moving a little, but i noticed that as i was doing it my fingers moved faster, almost of their own accord, until i realised i was doing it fast and slowed them down again.

The RC that i did was the trying to put finger through hand one?
I’ll try it again tonight with the nose RC and be a little more subtle.
Thanks for the posts, theyve really helped!

No problem :content:

and yeah, I think the nose RC might be a bit more subtle, since you only move one hand and can remain with your eyes closed. I mean, I guess you can do the other one with your eyes closed too but, …harder maybe? don’t know :tongue:

hehe, yeah…i was doing it with my eyes closed.

But, you have to move both your hands, so i’ll try the nose one instead :content:

ok, good luck! let us know how it went :wink:

You’re over thinking it. It’s really simple. Just check of this topic. It helped me. Just realize that you don’t even have to try to have a lucid dream. You will already have one without even trying! This topic is the holy grail of lucid dreaming in my opinion.

If you have any doubt, just read about the grey-lined fence on page 2.

[url]Stop trying to dream.]

So, last night i tried FILD, and the “I AM lucid technique”

FILD, made me extremelly relaxed and i went into the same “haze” sort of thing again. Think i was close to being Lucid once again, but i think i get excited when i think im starting to go Lucid and that wakes me up? Because i can usually feel my heart beat a little faster.
All RC’s tend to fail.
So anyway, I did FILD to the count of 200, did an RC and it failed.
Tried to the count of 200 once again, and once again it failed.
So then i just tried the “I AM lucid” technique until i fell asleep (quite quickly)
I didnt go lucid, but ended up having two dreams.
I do, however, remember thinking “Hm…im dreaming…cool” But i dont know if this was me thinking it…or if i was actually dreaming that i was dreaming…

Oh, I think with FILD you’re not supposed to count! I think you tell yourself something like “I will move my fingers for about X seconds/minutes and then do a RC”. Then you move your fingers for X seconds/minutes. But you don’t count, you just use your intuition, wait and when you feel enough time has passed do a RC. :smile: But then again, who knows, counting may work as well, since you got to the faster heartbeat part.

The more you practice the better you get and the more familiar it all gets, letting you get less excited!

Hopefully!

I know youre not supposed to count, but then i read another post saying that counting helps? So i decided to try it…and i think it does help a little.

Going to try it again tonight, and try to keep a little more calm and get less excited about it! :smile:

oh ok :lol: Counting is a way to do WILD and since FILD is a kind of WILD… :content:

anyway, the only thing that matters is what works for you :grin:

Indeed ^.^

How many lucid dreams have you had btw?

erm… around 316 :shy: but I’m still fighting with staying longer than a few minutes… :tongue:

Oh, right xD

Awesome.

The “I am lucid” technique works well, but you must understand, and fully believe that you will have one. Just saying “I am lucid” doesn’t necessarily means you will have one.

Yeah, I know. Thankyou :content:

I tried the same technique last night, with better results in my opinion. I still didn’t have a lucid dream, however I did feel as though I was being pushed on a swing…whilst my mind was still awake. The only problem I find with FILD is that because of how much it relaxes me, I end up falling asleep before I have counted to the full 200. Either this, or I become close and then I’ve counted to 200; but I do think the counting helps me.

I’ve been wondering about this too. I’ve only had DILDs so far.

My question is: When you realize that you’re dreaming, and open your eyes in the dream, are you still like in your bed? Like would my room look like it does in WL and not all messed up like usually in dreams. I think it would be cool to just get out of bed (everything would look exactly like when I went to sleep) and just run out of the door and have fun.
None of my LDs have been “realistic” in that sense. But I guess it can also be I have a very low level of lucidity because of DILD.

echuta, I think it can be both. :tongue: I’ve had WILD’s where I simply appear someplace else (most of the times pretty weird places :eh: ) and also WILD’s where I’m in my bed and just get up into the dream. For me my room usually looks different, I think. Anyway, I’m no WILD master :wink:

I remember one dream, I was jumping up and down for some reason, every jump took me a bit higher and i was floating down slower. Suddenly I got lucid without RC from understanding that you can not jump like that IRL. Hard to describe the feeling, it was like a strong sudden enlightenment. Another one of the many exciting feelings you will encounter in your quest for lucidity :smile:

Well if your question is how does it feel like when you immediatly enter an LD doing WILD (or chaining in my case) it feels like this. Like a force is pushing you into your dream body at a very fast speed. In my dream I don’t really feel different. But I do have a sense of knowing if I will wake up after I close my eyes in a dream. If I do wake up then I just chain and go back to sleep.