Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 06 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

Oh, right xD

Awesome.

Lucid76092
Somniologist
Somniologist

The "I am lucid" technique works well, but you must understand, and fully believe that you will have one. Just saying "I am lucid" doesn't necessarily means you will have one.

Rjholmes13
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Yeah, I know. Thankyou ^^

I tried the same technique last night, with better results in my opinion. I still didn't have a lucid dream, however I did feel as though I was being pushed on a swing..whilst my mind was still awake. The only problem I find with FILD is that because of how much it relaxes me, I end up falling asleep before I have counted to the full 200. Either this, or I become close and then I've counted to 200; but I do think the counting helps me.

echuta
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: about 77

PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

I've been wondering about this too. I've only had DILDs so far.

My question is: When you realize that you're dreaming, and open your eyes in the dream, are you still like in your bed? Like would my room look like it does in WL and not all messed up like usually in dreams. I think it would be cool to just get out of bed (everything would look exactly like when I went to sleep) and just run out of the door and have fun.
None of my LDs have been "realistic" in that sense. But I guess it can also be I have a very low level of lucidity because of DILD.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

echuta, I think it can be both. I've had WILD's where I simply appear someplace else (most of the times pretty weird places eh ) and also WILD's where I'm in my bed and just get up into the dream. For me my room usually looks different, I think. Anyway, I'm no WILD master wink

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I remember one dream, I was jumping up and down for some reason, every jump took me a bit higher and i was floating down slower. Suddenly I got lucid without RC from understanding that you can not jump like that IRL. Hard to describe the feeling, it was like a strong sudden enlightenment. Another one of the many exciting feelings you will encounter in your quest for lucidity smile

Last edited by WASD on Tue 08 Sep, 2009; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix_ fire

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

Well if your question is how does it feel like when you immediatly enter an LD doing WILD (or chaining in my case) it feels like this. Like a force is pushing you into your dream body at a very fast speed. In my dream I don't really feel different. But I do have a sense of knowing if I will wake up after I close my eyes in a dream. If I do wake up then I just chain and go back to sleep.

print