Owners of Nova Dreamers-Do they really work? Please tell us

Many people on this site are considering buying Nova Dream Devices which are fairly expensive. The real question is "Do they really work? Are they worth the money? To the owners of Nova Dream Devices, If you could turn back time,Would you but it again? I implore those who own Nova Dreamers to please enlighten us. Have you had LD’s because of the Nova? Or have you wasted your money?

I’ve been doing my homework, and saving up money. From what I’ve read, sometimes ND works, sometimes it doesn’t.

You might use the ND one night,fall asleep, and in that dream, see lightning. This would be an example of the ND not working in most cases, unless the flash from the normal, everyday lightning makes you think of the nova dreamer.

On the otherhand, your walking down the street, and fireworks start shooting out of the ground. Welcome to your dream.

Most reviews I’ve read state that it’s worth the money if you’ve already had a few lucid dreams, and know what to expect. I’ve never had a lucid dream, but I’ve come close enough and I pratice all the time. So I’m going to get one.

“I can’t believe your spending all that money just to strap light bulbs to your face”
-My mother. :shy:

I will tell you when i get it :razz: soon soon

EVERYONES EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT. I PERSONALLY HAVE ONLY EVER HAD ONE LUCID DREAM INDUCED BY THE NOVE DREAMER AND I’VE USED IT HUNDREDS OF TIMES. IT’S ALL DOWN TO HOW MUCH EFFORT YOU PUT INTO IT, IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH MOTIVATION THEN YOU DONT NEED ONE, IF YOU DONT IT PROBABLY WONT WORK ANYWAY.

The only thing which really interests me is the ability of REM-Detection of the nova dreamer. I wonder how difficult and expensive would it be to make a REM-detection-sensor

I’m not willing to spend that much on it. Has anyone ever tried home built LD goggles? It looks cheap but they don’t detect REM. Here is more information:

brindefalk.solarbotics.net/kvasar/kvasar.html
gocs1.com/Psionics/Lucid-Dream-Goggles.htm

umm yes a few people have and i am nit sure how well they worked tho shrugs

umm Psyconaut i am not to sure about that, i mean teh bit about it not working, if i already ld then i train my self to know taht the flashs of light are my dream que then i will ld more, just have to train :happy:

hmmmm

makaveli, the kvasar ones do detect REM periods, but there are some problems with his schematic so I don’t know if it actually works.

I have created my own set of LED goggles (without REM detection) and they work great for me. I have had approx. 20 LD’s (of varying degrees) in the past couple months since I built them. I am in the process of creating several to be sold on ebay for $30. The goggles will come with a lot of configurable options, be totally self-contained, and will come with detailed instructions on their operation. I’ll be sure to post in the forum when they are available.

TimeLess_Soul is correct. The goggles make it easy because you are guaranteed a dream sign of flashing ‘something’. Using my goggles the flashing has been seen as room lights and computer monitors turning on and off. A lot of times I don’t ‘figure it out’ in my dream (for example, I keep trying to turn the light off and it keeps flashing) but I suppose with time I will improve (I’m new at this still!)

Dwax—I commend you on your ingenuity in building your own dream goggles. Thirty dollars is a great price. Put me down on your customer list please. I too agree with Timeless Soul’s statement.

Not that simple unfortunately, I found my brain just filtered out the flashes like it does common sounds, then I just couldnt see them any more even on the highest setting.

:happy: great work :happy:

Hey psy did you preparre your self before you went to sleep. i am aware that teh brain gets rid of outside infulance but if you say “tonight i am goning to dream i will let myself see teh flashing lights from my nova dreamer and i will recognise them as such as go lucid”

Would that work for you?

Probably if I wasnt SO dam lazy… I figured using the novadreamer about once a month has more chance of working as my brain is less likely to filter it out.
Funnily enough my bladder is more effective, I’ve had more LD’s induced by it than anything else :tongue:

I have visited a lot of forum’s about Lucid Dreaming and of course every one has posts about the infamous nova dreamer. Some people claim that they had LDs on the first night of using it. Others said that it did not work at all. I don’t have a Nova Dreamer myself but, it seems like it is in high demand. A used one on e-bay will sell for close to the cost a new one. So it must work for some people otherwise it would go out of business. I think it could be a helpful tool. I considered buying one when I got a dry spell. Unfortunately they were out of stock at the time. By the time they got more in I was LD ing agin on my own and I decided not to spend that much money. The nova dreamer is selling for close to $400.00 by the time you factor in taxes and S/H. If you can afford it and are having trouble LD ing it might help. But, you don’t need a Nova Dreamer to learn how to LD. I would buy one just not at that obscene price.

You could hook up a strobe light to too a timer and set it to go off every 15 or 30 minutes during the later part of your sleep cycle. That would only cost you about 30$-50$.

Good idea Milod789. Also perhaps one could hook up some Christmas tree lights that blink on and off and hook it up to a timer.

No matter which way you go you will still have to learn how to recognize dream signs (flashing lights). If the nova dreamer gives you explosive dream signs then it might just be helpful. From what I understand the Nova Dreamer clues are often not that obvious. Some people have said that the clues are often very lite, like seeing a reflection, or colors that seem brighter etc. The problem is that you have no Idea what kind of clues you will get until you buy one. It does have some other options that can be helpful:

1. It can tell you in the morning how often it cued you.
  2. I believe it also can be set to wake you up after a rem period. (I am not positive about this but I thought I read that somewhere)
  3. It has a wide range of settings.

But no mater how good it sounds. You still have to look at the price tag for something that may or may not work for you.

I thought for sure that when I got my novadreamer I would be spending much more time lucid. Though it worked the first three nights I used it (along with affirmations), I haven’t had a lot of success with it after that. Although one cool thing I experienced with it was seeing my dream sky start boiling and turn red (the flashing red lights telling me I was dreaming). I now wish I hadn’t spent the money on it because I have perfected my WILD technique and feel much better about entering an LD that way as opposed to with the device. I also worry about them breaking rather easily (they are pretty flimsy) with the way some people toss and turn when they’re sleeping. I guess it all comes down to personal techniques and finding what works best for you. For those good with reality checks, this will most likely be helpful with your lding endeavors.

sno_isulli

Did you check the batteries after the first 3 nights. From what I read the Nova Dreamer eats batteries like crazy. Also you may have to keep adjusting the different settings.

Worked Great for me, rerally helped me get off to a start

milod789

No, I never did check the batteries (thanks for that tip) but I do know it was working pretty well because I heard the beeps and saw the red lights. I still need to work out kinks with my settings (like you said) because I haven’t found the perfect brightness for the lights and such. Maybe I’ll start using it again. I guess it wouldn’t hurt my ld efforts any.

Hi, I’m new to this forum… just few words: sno_isulli, if you ever decided to sell your nova, let me know :smile: