What Book Are You Reading? - Part VII

Read a few books while i was away. Anne Frank’s Diary was a favourite, as well as most of the Jungle Books and Black Swan Green. I’d recommend all three for sure. I wrote more than I read for sure, though.

Black Swan Green was coolly written. It was like, something would happen to the main character in one chapter, the chapter would end, and then the author would fast forward the story a bit and go on into a new chapter without telling the reader what the hell happened. It was infuriating but great.

The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux. :smile:

Currently I’m reading “The Host” by Stephanie Meyer, but I still haven’t gotten into it… I may just read The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the galaxy again ^^

Pretty soon I’ll start reading Night by Elie Wiesel.

I really want to read it.

I’m currently reading:
EWOLD by Stephen LaBerge(very interesting, almost done with my first reading of it)
Eye of The World by Robert Jordan(about a quarter of the way through, I’ve been reading it off an on, getting sucked into the never ending world that is Wheel of Time)
Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein(I’m a bit in, but got sidetracked from reading it by the other 2 books).

dreamcatcher by stephen king

i am reading two books that i highly recommend to ages 12/14 and up [depending on what books your parents think are appropriate].

the knife of never letting go, by patrick ness - a good sci-fi book about humans who settle on a new planet and went to war with aliens. the aliens release a germ that kills all the females, and enables the males AND the animals of the planet to read/hear each others minds uncontrollably and with no censors. everything they think is broadcasted to the whole town.

the hunger games, by suzanne collins - a book about the future of north america being run by an awful government. there are 12 districts, and every year there is a horrible event called “the hunger games”, in which a boy and a girl are selected from each district, put in an extremely large nature-like arena, and are forced to fight to the death on live TV while the rest of the country watches. the last child alive is the winner.

Everyone’s reading that book at my school. It’s driving me insane.

I’m currently reading Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice. I hope I end up enjoying it; I bought all three books without ever having read any of them. Heh. So far, it’s gripping.

I LOVE Anne Rice. I have ready almost everyone of her vampire books and Mayfair Witches (the witching hour) I love how she takes you back in time. I almost love her books for that alone more so then for the vampires. Although you really feel like you get to know her characters. :content:

just finished up edge of victory 1 conquest… i love star wars

wow :eh:
A lot of read really deep, interesting, cool books…
:wam: And what have I been reading?
Maximum ride, by James Patterson :hurray:
Its really cute and funny series…
Its abouts these people who were being experimented on, and became Avian Hybrids.

just finished The Golden Compass. My next LD I think I’m going to find out what my Daemon would be. Now I’m reading the second book to the trilogy. :content:

reading the new testament… wow i guess i thought this was facebook or something lol!

"Voice of the gods " of the “Age of the five” trilogy by Trudi Canavan
The black magicians trilogy was already good but this … WOW !!!

rereading “Sword of Truth” series by Terry Goodkind, with the emperor Jagang being a ‘dreamwalker’

Currently reading “The new alliance” by Prigogine and Stengers: it’s a sciencey book about theories at the foundation of our conception of science and of the world as science sees it: can the determinism of speed and position of molecules be ever put face to face with the seeming randomness of quantum mechanics? In this book, the importance of time is explained, not only as a mere 4th dimension, but as a veichle of continous and irreversible evolution, to join the opposites.
It’s a little boring at first, bu it’s getting very interisting in the middle chapters. I reccomend it for who’s a little acknowledged in philosophy. (there’s a quite a bit of that in the beggining too)

Ender’s game.
A science fiction book by Orson Scott Card.
I’m really liking it so far. :content:

Ok, Finished Age of he Five : If you like Fantasy even a little bit Get those books !!! I’m serious.

Starting With Imanuel Kant’s Critique Of pure reason :woo:

Right now i’m reading “Astral Dynamics” by Robert Bruce. Love his theories on OBE’s.