The BIG Transformation topic

Hooray! I’m glad you made this topic.

I recently did the tail and wings things mattias mentioned… it’s awesome and very surprising that you can actually feel these things… :content: I’m gonna have to start practising to get better at it though, as though the tail was really stable… the wings did take a few times to get it right.

Im’ curious though :tongue: not that this thread isn’t great! but how about transforming into… other things? like clouds? the ocean, the wind, a donut? :grin: Anyone done that? I think I recall once reading a guy transforming into a computer, all of this sounds like fun

Transforming is what I’ve always wanted to do most in a lucid dream, only if I could get them more often. Thanks Wyvern for posting this, it should help me as soon as I could get a grasp on how to have thorough and regular lucid dreams.

P.S. I also would like to explore a past life or access memories with lucid dreams, but physically transforming from human to another creature particularly a dragon, the very idea of it is exhilerating.

That’s definitely more advanced stuff. I’ve once transformed into mist and the experience was indescribable. Maybe for that type of stuff you’d practice in steps. Example: learn to change your clothes - change your appearance - grow extra parts - shapeshift - shapeshift into an object (which involves the skill of losing limbs)- then turning into another substance altogether.
Probably best to master the stuff before. The more you transform, the easier it gets. You get used to the feeling of transformation and can apply it in more advanced ways.

wow, fantastic. :content:

Yeah, I was just wondering. Now I’ll throw that idea in the big pile of cool advanced stuff to do when I’m ready :wink:

I’m planning to try and change clothes or even play around with the idea of growing a tail in one of my next LD’s.

Added:

Still more helpful. Thanks, Wyv!

Thanks a ton, i’ve always had trouble transforming into things not imaginable in real life, for instance i could turn into a merman if i wanted to pretty easily but not something ttotally different

Thank you for this post I’ve always wanted try to transform in a LD but didn’t know how to go about doing it, thanks for the tips! :content:

On the stablizing note… I often find that feeling something (textures, objects, those extra limbs) can often help stablize it.

Bump, because i can’t quite get how this guide isn’t in knowledge base yet. :happy:
It’s really too good. Once i get a pair of wings (that is, complete a quest), you can be pretty effin sure i’ll start precticing these techs to no end! Thanks Wyvern. :wink:

Ah, thanks!
It’s not in the knowledge base yet because it’s not finished yet. (I’m doing midterms right now.) I’ll get back to it soon enough. :cool:

I hope you edit it soonm i’m having trouble with things that arn’t there. I mean transforming into sometihng that doesn’t have arms or something, i can’t get rid of my limbs :tongue:

I tried to create a tail the other night (nights, actually) but failed. I tried pulling but it didn’t work and just hurt abit :lol:

I probably should try thr changing clothes first…

Last night I grew an extra finger! :happy: well, sort of. Half a finger. As soon as I stopped pulling it would just shrink back :sad: But I had a bit of feeling in it too :content:

I try to transform whenever I get my own lucid dreams. Unfortunately if I imagine even the slightest change while I’m set on changing, even if I didn’t mean to think that up, it will happen to me. (I thought one thing up, that led to a chain of events that ended up with me thinking of the part in the Matrix when Neo’s mouth was kinda fused shut… it happened to me, I didn’t want that to happen)

Do you have any tips on how to avoid unwanted transforming, during or after it’s finished?

Guess that above all things you have to keep lucidity , that way you know you are in control and can truly decide :wink: and try to focus on the real image of you, it should help stabilizing.

Hmmm… I still need to learn to fly, ect. (in fact, my only LD superpower besides walking and talking is pizza-vision, which make a hot pizza appear out of nowhere…). But transformation sounds really cool… I’m going to to study your guide!

Nice guide :happy: i always had troubles with transforming in LD. i hope this will help :cheesy: ill try it out when i have my next LD.

Nice on how you explain growing wings… now what about gills and tails?