LD4all Quest 48 October: Meet an alien!

LD4all Quest 48: October: Meet an alien!
Author: pasQuale & Basilus - adapted from french Quest

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Meet an Alien!
suggested by Inis from french LD4all
This Quest is currently done over at the french LD4all as well :grin: I thought it was cool, so I asked Basilus if I could make it the Quest here as well. So, all of LD4all will be trying to make contact with aliens this month :alien: :universe:

This task is rather straightforward - in your next lucid dream, meet an alien! (or more) And by that, I mean alien as a non-terrestrial life form - not in “as illegal alien” :wink: Will your alien be one as seen in the movies, or completely different from anything you could imagine?
How and where you meet an alien is up to you - wether you meet them on Earth (“take me to your leader”), or on their homeplanet, or in another universe, and so on.
Remember that you can communicate in any way you wish in a LD, wether it be telepatically, or through a babel fish (read HGTG), or a Startrek like universal language communicator thingy, or dream magic.

good luck!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings* Once you are lucid, meet an alien. Just meeting one (“meet and greet”) is enough to earn your wings.

• (optional) Ask them to show where they are from
  • (optional) Have a good conversation with them about any subject you wish
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you
    have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - pasQuale will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Suggestions on how to find an alien (these are meant as inspiration, do whatever works for you)

• Travel through a stargate
  • Expect an alien to be behind you. Turn around.
  • Ask the dream outloud: bring me an alien!
  • Use any method from any SF movie you can imagine
  • Enter an elevator and press the button marked “Alien Life”

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):* Set your mind for this Quest

• Ponder on how you want to meet an alien
  • Ponder on what “your” alien will look like
  • Ask yourself to have a clear memory of the dream once you wake up.

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Have fun, and good luck!

:dream:

Do the starseed New Age children count? :wiske:

Awww.

I really wish I could start LDing by this month so I can complete this quest :smile:

Wish me luck peepz :happy:

and Good luck to everyone :razz:

Let’s see, this is one interesting quest! I’ve always been dreaming of having a special encounter with UFOs in real life.

And good luck Mahdii!

If you see them as aliens, then I’d say yes - and I’m curious to read your dreams then.

Interesting thread, Ill see if I meet some aliens :alien: this month :razz: and good luck everyone else :grin:

I failed to LD last night… I’ll keep trying for my first LD… and then I’ll meet an alien :smile:

Yay! If I manage to do the quest, I’ll post my results here too so that I could earn my wings! :happy:

I’m definitely going to try this one. Hey guys, wish me good luck, cause I haven’t had a LD in awhile :neutral: And good luck to everyone else! :handshake:

:alien: :colgate: :alien:
This is a great goal! I really hope I complete it, and best of luck to everyone too!

I remember trying to do this Quest in a LD last night but I can’t really remember what happened afterwards :tongue:

ill be sure to give it a try :content:

Count me in! I wonder what the alien will look like?!.. (if i succeed! :content: )

Good luck basilus :thumbs:

And good luck everyone else who wants to try :smile: (and good luck me :tongue: )

This is so on :razz:

I’m well pumped because last week I had two LD’s and I just woke up from gaving taken a one hour nap during which I had cosntant lucid dreams. Though i kept slipping out and had to ‘Pull myself in’. So it was more like 6 LD’s in a row hahah. Learned some well interesting stuff though. Looking forwards to meeting my alien!

Good luck all of you who haven’t had your first one yet! It’s worth the trouble.

Oh… I was very close last night. It wasn’t a lucid dream but a very disappointing alien planet.

I will keep trying :grin: Clicky for dream =>

Silly alien dream

Yay! I met the alien, 'ill post my dream a little later, but i met an alien and was lucid while doing it. Only instead of him being here, i flew over to his planet :tongue:

[spoiler]I don’t quite remember what made me become lucid, i do remember i that when i became lucid i was walking with my father and dog on a paved path through sunlit woods. Anyway, I was wondering what to do, when i remembered the quest(and the challenge, which is go beyond the solar system). I decided to try boh at one, so i started running as fast as i could :hyper: and after i was going realy fast, i jumped. :bounce: tis jump was enough to get me past the atmosphere, into space, where, because of the lack of air resistance and gravity i wouldn’t slow down! I kept flying really fast through space, so fast that i couldn’t stop at the moon like a wanted to because i couldn’t slow down! :sad: Anyway, when i got to the asteriod belt,i was still going really fast, because i didn’t want to stop, i thought to myself that i was as hards as a rock and couldn’t feel pain. So when entered the belt, whenever i ran into an asteriod, i would smash through it without slowing down!

I kept flying and flying for a few more minutes, i passed a bunch of other planets until i left th solar system, i was wondering how long it would take to get to another planet, and how i would stop on it, when i smashed into one.

The smashing made me stop immediatly, i got up and look at the planet, i was on a street, everything had a greenish hue to it, not bright green, like an evil toxic unhealthy green. I walked along the street until a ran into a little alien about up to my waist. It was made off bubbling goo and was a dull neon green. It had two very bony arms (don’t know how? it was a blob) and two eyes, a large one inside of it, and a small one attached to a third arm. I said hello and asked where i was, all it did was make agurgling noise, then a second later, it’s thoughts touched my mind, and it spoke into my mind, saying “greetings stranger”
[/spoiler]

That was my whole dream, i woke up befor i could respond or say anything else :sad:

Edit: I just realized, this is the 48 quest, one quest a month, 48/12=4
You’ve been doing the quests for 4 years this month :ld4all: :partying_face:

Aw. I became lucid, but only met an army of skeletons, Oompa Loompas, X-Men, and a mariachi band. No aliens. :tongue:

Happy lucid anniversary, Daniel!

Oh man, I have got to try this quest! Even though I’ve only been lucid once or twice, I have got to try to get one quest in. :help:

Can’t wait! :mrgreen_hat:

congrats Daniel! :happy:

better luck next time, EllyEve ! :smile:

it is a bit shorter than that, the first Quests were ran every 4 weeks, so 13 a year - and in the list are some doubles not counted. So I think it’s about 3 years something.