The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

I ordered the “Brilliant Dreams” capsules a while back . They have 50mg of vitamin B (as calcium pantothenate). For me, they almost always create very long dreams that are easy to remember. However, I more recently bought the 8 hour CD “add-on” to the Lucid Dreaming Kit by Bradley Thompson and became lucid the first night I used it. I had been trying on and off for about a month using only supplements, but it wasn’t until 2 nights ago when I first combined them that I finally became lucid - and wow!! The supplements allowed for an unbelievably long dream and the audio - not even using headphones as recommended - prompted me to become lucid with full control for over half of the dream. It was the longest lucid dream I’ve ever had - I even slipped out of sleep about 4 times and when I fell back asleep I always ended up becoming lucid again in the same dream almost right away! It went on from about 7:00am until 10:00. Just to note, I took the supplement at approx. 6:00am (I had set my alarm) after about 5-6 hours of sleep.

I just realized today that I’ve been taking a multivitamin (including many B vitamins) every day for a while without realizing it. Now that I know my multivitamin has so many helpful “dreaming vitamins”, I look back and notice a 50/50 result. Some nights I’ve remembered my dreams recently, and others I haven’t. I’m going to start taking a supplement of strictly B vitamins, along with my daily multivitamin. I’ll post results.

Messed up my dream recall, I believe I had some vivid dream but I can’t recall the slightest thing sadly.

Last night I took 100 mg B6 and 500 mcg B12 around 30 minutes before falling asleep. I woke up naturally around 3 hours after falling asleep to crazy visualizations and half dreams and I could not fall back asleep. I kept having scenes play through my head like a broken record.

Was this caused by the vitamins? and if so, how can i try to make it until 6 hours after sleep when I actually want to get up and do MILD?

PS. I’ve used B vitamins many times before and this has happened only a handfull of times while using the vitamins. Also, I’ve had this happen on some nights after I’ve had a lot of sleep (10+ hours) and try to go to bed too early the next day.

Thanks!

About a week ago, I discovered a cabinet in my house full of supplements containing B6, 5-HTP, multivitamins, several herbs in pill form, fish oil with omega-3, and many other supplements. I remembered reading somewhere that diet affects dream vividness and I just found an entire cabinet of supplements. I took the multivitamin pill which had 50mg of B-6 and countless other vitamins and minerals, I took a 2, 5-HTP pills which does something with melotonin levels and also had 10mg of B-6. I took a B-50 complex pill which had 50mg of B-6 and many other B vitamins. Some herbs I took were Pau d’arco, Milk Thistle, Kava kava extract and some other things i cant remember. Overall, the pills consisted of 120mg of B-6 and a bunch of other things. I took all of these with a glass of chocolate milk. That night, I went to sleep, and had an EXTREMELY VIVID NIGHTMARE! Then i started taking the pills each night, but there were no effects besides the fact that I didnt remember my dreams anymore. From reading all of the replies here, I have come to a broad conclusion that eventually the body is immune to large amounts of B-6, resulting in no side effects. People who took bananas before going to bed, which had like 0.8mg of B-6 in it reported having vivid dreams. For the next ferw days, I am still going to experiment with large amounts of B-6, (100-120mg) and examine the results. Then I will wait a week and experiment with low doses of B-6 and examine the results.

What can you eat or drink that has a lot of vitamin b in it?

either a V-8, or vitamin water

Hey i want to try this B6 thing but on the bottle of the 100mg tablets it says consult doctor before using and it also says not intended for people under 18

I am 16 would it still be okay for me to take one? I dont know if this is relevant, but i am pretty big ( not fat just 6 4’ ) also would this vitamin help in trying a WILD

Vitamin b6 shouldn’t be taken too much as it can cause nerve damage. I saw once how much was the “limit”, but I don’t remember… 100 or 120 or 150mg, something like that… Just don’t take it without some research :wink:

I just purchased some b6 vitamins to test out their effects on dream vividness and recall. When I got home, I noticed that they were “Time Release”.
Apparently instead of giving you all the b6 in one shot, it gives you it over time.

Now, should I take this a certain amount of hours before I go to bed to make sure all the mgs of b6 are in my system before I nod off? Should I just take it before bed and hope that all the b6 is in me before I go into REM sleep? I just want to make sure I didn’t waste money on these pills :cry:

I’ve never taken any kind of pills for dreaming so i don’t know but I am interested in finding out if they are as effective as people say they are.

Personally I take them when going to bed, although mine dont have a time release afaik. I’m not a strong believer it’s very effective, but I take one once in a while as a lucid dream ’ placebo’ when I’m on a dry spell to clearly show my subconscious my intentions to lucid dream that night.

I just picked up some 100mg b6 from the store and cannot wait to try it tonight :grin: !!!
Im hoping they’ll increase the vividness of my dreams and maybe even a lucid :woo:

I took half of a 100 mg B6 last night and had my first lucid dream although i woke up right after i realized i was dreaming i could remember everything in extreme detail I knew about lucid dreaming before but i had only started my dream journal yesterday.
also i woke up in the morning with horrible dream recall then got in the half asleep stage and didn’t realize i transitioned into a dream. Im gonna go ahead and try a full 100mg tonight.

Try yeast. I mean the fresh one (on picture), not bag of dried instant yeast. they contain several B vitamins, but low/no amount of B12

pic: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Compr … st_-_1.jpg

I am 13 years old, anyone know how much B6 i should take before bed?

Same age, I take 150 of b6 every 5 days or so, it helps a lot.

Mmm. I’ve been fine before, but a few nights ago I took 100 and I had nausea. I did eat some greasy pizza, but I don’t know if it was coincidence. I’ll bump it down to 50.

So I think I might have just figured out the key to using b-6 to have vivid dreams, look at this article.

lucidallnight.wordpress.com/2008 … -more-vivi d-the-true-b6-story/

Interesting huh, it says that just taking b-6 is only half the battle, its pretty interesting, but bottom line it says you need b-6 and tryptophan to produce serotonin to have really vivid dreams. AAAaaaand there is a lot of tryptophan in cheddar cheese. So if you take b-6 and eat some cheese about an hour before bed, theoretically, it should work for you! I haven’t tried it yet because I just bought the b-6 today but I cant wait.

I’ve been doing it for quite some time now,
Only I’m using sesame seeds instead of chedder cheese.
Really boosts dream vividness…