Owners of Nova Dreamers-Do they really work? Please tell us

makaveli, the kvasar ones do detect REM periods, but there are some problems with his schematic so I don’t know if it actually works.

I have created my own set of LED goggles (without REM detection) and they work great for me. I have had approx. 20 LD’s (of varying degrees) in the past couple months since I built them. I am in the process of creating several to be sold on ebay for $30. The goggles will come with a lot of configurable options, be totally self-contained, and will come with detailed instructions on their operation. I’ll be sure to post in the forum when they are available.

TimeLess_Soul is correct. The goggles make it easy because you are guaranteed a dream sign of flashing ‘something’. Using my goggles the flashing has been seen as room lights and computer monitors turning on and off. A lot of times I don’t ‘figure it out’ in my dream (for example, I keep trying to turn the light off and it keeps flashing) but I suppose with time I will improve (I’m new at this still!)

Dwax—I commend you on your ingenuity in building your own dream goggles. Thirty dollars is a great price. Put me down on your customer list please. I too agree with Timeless Soul’s statement.

Not that simple unfortunately, I found my brain just filtered out the flashes like it does common sounds, then I just couldnt see them any more even on the highest setting.

:happy: great work :happy:

Hey psy did you preparre your self before you went to sleep. i am aware that teh brain gets rid of outside infulance but if you say “tonight i am goning to dream i will let myself see teh flashing lights from my nova dreamer and i will recognise them as such as go lucid”

Would that work for you?

Probably if I wasnt SO dam lazy… I figured using the novadreamer about once a month has more chance of working as my brain is less likely to filter it out.
Funnily enough my bladder is more effective, I’ve had more LD’s induced by it than anything else :tongue:

I have visited a lot of forum’s about Lucid Dreaming and of course every one has posts about the infamous nova dreamer. Some people claim that they had LDs on the first night of using it. Others said that it did not work at all. I don’t have a Nova Dreamer myself but, it seems like it is in high demand. A used one on e-bay will sell for close to the cost a new one. So it must work for some people otherwise it would go out of business. I think it could be a helpful tool. I considered buying one when I got a dry spell. Unfortunately they were out of stock at the time. By the time they got more in I was LD ing agin on my own and I decided not to spend that much money. The nova dreamer is selling for close to $400.00 by the time you factor in taxes and S/H. If you can afford it and are having trouble LD ing it might help. But, you don’t need a Nova Dreamer to learn how to LD. I would buy one just not at that obscene price.

You could hook up a strobe light to too a timer and set it to go off every 15 or 30 minutes during the later part of your sleep cycle. That would only cost you about 30$-50$.

Good idea Milod789. Also perhaps one could hook up some Christmas tree lights that blink on and off and hook it up to a timer.

No matter which way you go you will still have to learn how to recognize dream signs (flashing lights). If the nova dreamer gives you explosive dream signs then it might just be helpful. From what I understand the Nova Dreamer clues are often not that obvious. Some people have said that the clues are often very lite, like seeing a reflection, or colors that seem brighter etc. The problem is that you have no Idea what kind of clues you will get until you buy one. It does have some other options that can be helpful:

1. It can tell you in the morning how often it cued you.
  2. I believe it also can be set to wake you up after a rem period. (I am not positive about this but I thought I read that somewhere)
  3. It has a wide range of settings.

But no mater how good it sounds. You still have to look at the price tag for something that may or may not work for you.

I thought for sure that when I got my novadreamer I would be spending much more time lucid. Though it worked the first three nights I used it (along with affirmations), I haven’t had a lot of success with it after that. Although one cool thing I experienced with it was seeing my dream sky start boiling and turn red (the flashing red lights telling me I was dreaming). I now wish I hadn’t spent the money on it because I have perfected my WILD technique and feel much better about entering an LD that way as opposed to with the device. I also worry about them breaking rather easily (they are pretty flimsy) with the way some people toss and turn when they’re sleeping. I guess it all comes down to personal techniques and finding what works best for you. For those good with reality checks, this will most likely be helpful with your lding endeavors.

sno_isulli

Did you check the batteries after the first 3 nights. From what I read the Nova Dreamer eats batteries like crazy. Also you may have to keep adjusting the different settings.

Worked Great for me, rerally helped me get off to a start

milod789

No, I never did check the batteries (thanks for that tip) but I do know it was working pretty well because I heard the beeps and saw the red lights. I still need to work out kinks with my settings (like you said) because I haven’t found the perfect brightness for the lights and such. Maybe I’ll start using it again. I guess it wouldn’t hurt my ld efforts any.

Hi, I’m new to this forum… just few words: sno_isulli, if you ever decided to sell your nova, let me know :smile:

Hi all,

I now have all parts at hand to start building the novadreamer like goggles as described by brindefalk (kvavar goggles). It was easy to get the common parts such as perfboard, transistors etc. but it was a bugger to get the specific IR sensor (for REM detection).

However, I am looking forward to use my new induction device and I will be happy to post my experiences with this gadget as well as pictures of it (once it is finished ).

As the question of selling home-built novadreamers via ebay was raised already, how much do you think, people would be willing to spend in a homemade, fully functional device such as the one descibed above?

Please note, that you also would have to build a PIC programmer in order to be able to program the PIC16F84 used to control the Kvasar mask if you wanted to build the mask on your own. Also, buying a single IR sensor, alone costed my 20 EUR, as they are hard to get here.

Wouldn t you agree, that 50 EUR would be a reasonable price?

Best wishes,

whistlingtom
[/quote]

Haha, Vinz. It was just a few days ago that I thought how I would go about selling it but at this point I can’t say that I will. Think I need to work with it some more before I give up.

Please don’t go off topic!!!

The question was “does a ND work…”
NOT, how can I build one myself. :grrr:

All ND owners respond the rest enjoy the replies…

Oh, Nukem,

why are you so narrow-minded? There hardly seem to be replies from people who bought and tested the real novadreamer, probably as there are only a few nd owners here in the first place. So what can we do?
Some people try to save money and explore other ways to get hands on a novadreamer like device, such as the Kvasar goggles. And as the functionality of the home-built novadreamer resembles the one of the real novadreamer, why not post your experience with that thingy right here. Would you rather philosophise about a tool that you will never be able to buy due to its high price? No one but you complained about the posts so far. If you do not want to read the replies scroll down or die

Very best wishes,

tom

hmm now i aint 2 happy, the dude that i was gonna buy a nova dreamer off never replyed to me when i was able to go up to Queensland ( a state in australia) and buy it from him face to face. Maybe he was a fake… oh well. Glad i didnt know after reading a little more, but still.

whistlingtom

Maybe you are right, but when you find a topic that interests you, it is frustrating to find that the replies do not cover the topic.
Anyway,
I’m building a DreamWeaver. It is a simple design, but the sensor is not for sale. So I bought a sensor that’s like the original, but the signal was to faint. I invested 80 hours of building an amplifier. It is almost finished. Then my very own ND clone is ready!!!

The Kvasar is to complex to build yourself if you ask me…

wow good luck tell ud how it goes