LD4all Quest 49 - Swim the Ocean & Fly the Sky!

LD4all Quest 49 – November 2009 – Swim the ocean and fly the sky!
Author: Amaryllis

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Swim the ocean and fly the sky!
by Amaryllis
I have asked Amaryllis to do a Guest-Quest this month :smile: This is her Quest:

In this month’s Quest we’re going to practice some lucid skills. In order to earn your wings you need to fly like a bird and swim like a fish in one lucid dream. Optionally you can also transform yourself in a bird or fish if you really want to experience what it’s like to fly the sky or swim the ocean as they do. So this time you really need to use your wings in order to earn them!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings:

• Become lucid
  • Spread your wings and fly
  • Breathe under water
  • Optional: transform yourself into a bird or fish
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - pasQuale will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):* set your mind for this Quest

• visualize yourself flying through the sky like a real bird
  • visualize yourself swimming in the deepest ocean
  • imagine what it would be like to really become a bird or a fish
  • ask yourself to have a clear memory of the dream once you wake up

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Have fun, and good luck!

:dream:

wow, looks great, i can combine these with goals i’ve been trying to do in my lucid dream, mainly: Become a merperson and fly :tongue:

Mabey a flying merperson:P

These are two goals I’ve had on my list as well! Great ones. Definitely going to try.

If I got this quest covered in october, what do I do? :tongue:

EDIT :
[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/questioning-reality/31101/39]
It’s the second.

Man, I can’t believe it. I was “dream acting” yesterday (like visualizing a dream, only standing and with some movement), and i asked my newborn DG what november’s quest would be, and we did those exact things (among others, but these came first)! I’m astonished O_O
Gonna do it in a LD soon, so prepare yourself :wink:

This is interesting :cool: Ive been flying, but never as a bird, Ill be a bird :fly: and then transform to a fish :razz:

Success! :happy:

I was wandering aimlessly around a house with lots of big rooms when I remembered the challenge. I didn’t know how much time I had, so I transformed myself into a small bird there and then. I flew around the room, close to the high ceiling. After a few rounds, I decided that it was enough, and I saw a small pool at the end of the room. I folded my wings and plunged into the pool. I focused on my dream body as I transformed into a fish, which I haven’t done before. My arms melted into my fish body, and my hands and feet turned into fins. I focused on my breathing as I swam around, and I could feel my lungs, though I also made sure that I had gills. I swam past an underwater mirror, and I saw that I was one of those flat tropical fish that you see in aquariums. I swam around for a short while until I woke up from excitement from the success.

I know that the task said Ocean and Sky, but I already have my wings… :tongue:

Ha! I did this Quest, I was up high when I remembered the Quest was also to swim, I dove into a lake :cool_laugh: (the rest of dream is aviable to read here :tongue:)

This quest is awesome :happy:
I became lucid, and remembered about these quests. So I went onto these forums in my dream, and saw this post :tongue:

Flying is awesome, as everyone knows, but swimming in the ocean was amazing for me o.o
Was inhumanly blissful o.o
No idea how I stayed lucid through it haha

just a question, if you’ve already done this, do you have to do it again?
no problem with doing it again, just wondering though :smile:

congrats, luminous! & Ghostie! :happy:

snypylo, welcome! In order to get your wings you have to specify when you dreamt that, and a dream report as well :content: looking forward to read it!

XwolfbroX, and leeh, as well: in order to get your wings, you should have a LD and complete the Quest in the period the Quest runs - this one is for the whole month of november :smile:

having said all that, I completed the Quest last night! :happy: Going to type it in my DJ now :grin:

edit: here it is :content: :content:

Thanks Q and congrats completing the Quest yourself :happy:

‘Woke’ up in my bedroom, threw myself out of my window into flight by flapping my arms (this was slow so I kind of imagined a force behind my arms instead) eventually dove into a lake and transformed into a shark. Weird, I guess I wasn’t really transformed because I was blowing bubbles with my mouth and not my gills…Can sharks blow bubbles with their gills? Anywah, I got it.

can these two things be seperated between two lucid dreams one after another or does it have to be simultaneously…other than that a very creative quest.

Congrats Bex! :happy: (stay tuned for your wings :grin: )

Fallen Youth: this Quest should be done in one LD :yes: (we have had a Quest of just flying in the past). So to get your wings, you have to do the flying and the swimming under water in the same LD :smile:

last night i had a LD, where i jumped out of the window, little flight, and then dove into the ground. undercement, i swam a little, breathing was easy as well, it was just a little dark. so do i get the wings or have i try again and swim in “real” (lol) water?

officially it’s swim the ocean, but being able to swim & breathe underground is Quite a feat as well :smile: I leave it up to you to decide if you earn your wings or want to have another try :smile:

Well I came as close as I ever have done to earning my wings, only after re-reading the Quest, I’m not 100% sure if I’ve quite made it :sad: Am I being too harsh on myself?

I’ll attempt to attach my link here

i decided i don’t deserve the wings for my dream, maybe i’ll try again or wait for the next challenge^^

[center]

Congratulations

Bex
Sleepyhead

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

:boogie: :boogie:

Congrats to luminous, GHOSTIE11, Q for completing the Quest! Invisible extra wings added :wink:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time :smile:

note to: snypylo Since you never posted a dream account or specified when you dreamt this, I can’t give you wings (yet). Awaiting further info :wink:

[/center]

This Quest is now officially over, which means you cannot earn your wings anymore by completing any of the previous Quests.

stay tuned for the new Quest!
Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest :smile: