the BIG MILD topic [part II]

Yeah I think that’s been my pronlem all I do when I wake up is I go to the bathroom then back to bed. I cant focus my thought very well either. How long do you guys recommend I stay up?

Lucid_Adventurer,

I have heard that it’s best to stay up for at least a half hour. At least for the WBTB technique, that’s what is recommended. If you use MILD in conjunction with WBTB, I bet you would be able to focus better on your mantras. I’m no professional, but that’s what has worked for me the best. I also have trouble focusing in the wee hours of the morn. It’s also supposed to work better if you do something active with your mind, like read. Sorry I cant offer more info. Good luck, good dreaming…

This technique is my best way to get lucid dreams, I used to do it before I slept and it worked sometimes but now I wake up 6 hours afterwards and do the technique, it is quite good.

Hey Lucidity_Master I know that this is an old post of yours, but I was just wondering how you perform the MILD technique?

It has been the most successful technique for me so far, but I only get about 3 lucid dreams a month, so it’s not all that successful. So I was thinking that since you can do it at will, perhaps you have some techniques that might be helpful.

ypm.

The first thing I do is use the 61 piont relaxation to get my mind and body relaxed.

Then I pretty much go to sleep and say "The next time I am dreaming I want to remember to recognizethat I’m dreaming. From my personal experienbce and everything I have read it is the remembering to recognize that really seems to help the technique.

The same time I’m saying the mantra I imagine myself finding a dreamsign and becoming lucid. Then I continue as if I am Lucid and after a while start the visualization over with the SAME dreamsign (usually flying).

It took my about two months of HARD work before my mind got used to it but after that getting Lucid become quite easy.

Hope this helps , persevere and good luck!!! :tongue:

Hye Lucidity_Master,

I will be sure to try that since you have had such positive results, thanks for the post.

I will be sure to post my results on this forum.

Just another quick question (and hopefully not too off topic) have you noticed any increased familiarity in recognizing the dream state? Do you still need to perform this technique or is it more nature now.

ypm.

That’s a very good question. I’d like to know that too!

I’ve been trying to LD for a month & 1/2 now. I have been using MILD as much as possible without luck…I’m hoping at the two month mark I’ll start to see results too :smile:

I’ve only ever tried MILD a few times, I’m not a very patient person…I prefer to just wait for my LD 's to come naturally…but this morning I woke up naturally after about seven hours sleep, I was completely awake, but I knew that if I got up straight away after only that amount of sleep I’d be really tired later in the day, so I stayed awake for half an hour (trying to stay awake is the best way to fall asleep lol) and then I thought well why not try WILD again…I layed completely still for about half an hour, nothing happening, except the occasional kind of…I don’t know memory? Vision? Of me moving my arms and thinking damn, now I have to start again (I could actually feel my arms moving, but I never had), so anyway, I thought, I might as well think “The next time I dream I will know that I’m dreaming” a few times while I’m falling asleep, It can’t hurt. Whenever I’ve done MILD before, I’ve either done it as I’m first going to sleep, or when I’ve set my alarm after 6 hours and gone back to sleep as I’ve been told to by this site lol…they didn’t work. But this morning, I had a series of LD 's and FA 's, it was really cool, it was also the first time I’ve ever remembered to do a RC in a dream and have it work (the only other time, I wasn’t at all lucid, it was just part of the dream so it didn’t work). I’m gonna do this again tommorrow morning!

3 months with MILD and nothing to show for it yet. Is MILD over hyped as a method of LD induction or are some of us just LD deficient? :tongue:

How long do you MILD every attempt? What is your mantra?

Hi,

My mantra is “Next time I’m dreaming I’ll realize I’m dreaming.” If I ahve woken up and remember my dream I try to think of a dreamsign in the dream and imagine myself becoming lucid. I do this until my intention is set and then try to fall asleep - if a stray thought enters my mind I repeat my intention. This has never worked for me.

I have also tried to use the MILD effect when performing WILD so as to have a failsafe but no results.

shrug MILD is dead wood to you. Use something else.

Hi Plebian,

How long do you usually stay awake when performing the MILD technique? Are you performing regular reality checks throughout the day? I’ve found MILD to be the most sucessfult LD incudtion technique myself, but that doesn’t mean that it will work for everyone. I’ve also found that it works much better if I perform regulat Reality Checks and keep my focus on lucid dreaming high.

Maybe try taking a break from the MILD technique, and lucid dreaming for a while? Take a few nights and just dream with no pressure, who knows you might just have a lucid dream.

ypm.

Hiya :smile:

I wake up in the middle of the night, every night without fail and I always use it as an opportunity to try to LD. I’m sort of an insomniac so I don’t do serous WBTB - but I have found that that is a good thing for trying WILD. Last night, I woke up around 5 am and decided to try MILD. I set the intention up and visualized being lucid be recognizing a previous dreamsign as best I could. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get back to sleep. When I set my intention, I tried to fall asleep, but would toss & turn for a while, lose intention. Then I would reset intention and it became a cycle. Basically, I was up for 2 hours tossing & turning and then had to get out of bed anyway…!

About the RCs - honestly, I try to do them…but I will admit, my vigilance has slipped. I still try to do about 12 RCs a day.

Also, I have tried to use LaBerge’s memory exercise in preparation for MILD.
BTW - I don’t see much difference between the Autosuggestion technique and MILD as LaBerge describes it.

Maybe you’re right about putting to much focus/pressure on myself to LD - I just don’t want to waste a night not conditioning my mind!

Yeah that happens to me sometimes, if I cannot fall alseep after about 20 minutes or so, I usually just let go of the MILD technique. If anything I’ll count in my head “1 I’m dreaming”, “2 I’m dreaming”… That sometimes gives my a lucid dream.

Maybe plan on taking one night off a week, or one night off every two weeks. Like make sunday your day off. Maybe that will be enought to rejuvinate you? I find that if I haven’t had a lucd dream in a while taking a few days off will sometimes give me one.

ypm.

Hey,

What’s the best way to do MILD? I’ve been doing WBTB w/ MILD, saying my mantra out loud and even visualizing, but I dont get anything, not even Vivid Dreams…

Not out loud - that keeps you awake. In your head.

Thanks

Like r3m0t said, don’t say your mantra outloud. The best way to perform MILD (for myself) is to get up, and write the dream that I have just remembered in my dream journal, and then go back to bed and say my mantra and keep replaying a scene in my dream where something “fantastical” or “dream-like” occured, then see myself recognizing it as a dream, and then repeat.

Basically I just perform the MILD technique as I understand it.

ypm.