Why are my lucid dreams so restrictive?

Hey guys, I used to be here a lot back when I was practicing lucid dreaming. A few years have passed since then and now I’m married and I am getting back into lucid dreaming and also helping my wife to become lucid as well!

Anyway, to the question. Why are my lucid dreams so restrictive? How do I make them less so? Here’s what I’m talking about: I am dreaming that robots are chasing me. I barely escape by the edge of my shirt… oh what’s this? It’s a dream! I’m lucid, yay! Ok, time to do what I planned, jump and fly into space, get to a new planet, meet some aliens, and try some alien delicacies. Ok, here I go! Up… up… and away!!! oh crap… ok, let’s try that again… up… up… and… AWAY!!!.. dangit!.. :ohno:

See what I mean? It’s not just this dream, it is many dreams that I find myself unable to accomplish what I want to accomplish. I’m not fast enough, not powerful enough, not strong enough. I can’t make things appear, I can’t teleport… :neutral: What can I do to unleash my unlimited potential within the dreamworld?

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

I may not know a whole lot yet… but I read up on lucid dreams several years ago and I had my first one about a week ago out of the blue without any prompt.

But if there’s one thing I do know, it’s that you are only limited by what you think you’re limited by. You may want to fly but you don’t expect to be able to because that doesn’t make sense in reality. But this isn’t reality… next time you have an LD tell yourself you are in complete control. This is a dream world and you are the master of it… you control the rules… But you can’t just think it you need to know it and feel it… convince yourself. Then try again.

I don’t know why I had a lucid dream. It just popped into my head “This is a dream.” for no reason… no trigger. Then I thought to myself if this is a dream then I should be able to fly. So I tried and at first succeeded with great success until my slight fear of heights made me panic and I woke up as I was spiraling toward the ground.

Next time I become lucid I will convince myself there isn’t nothing to fear as this is a dream. And I hope I’ll be able to have more control.

Just consistently try to believe in yourself and sooner or later you will be able to do it.

Since it’s all in your mind, the only thing limiting you is the idea you can’t do those things on first try or such, while it is completely false. You must get accustomed to the idea you can really do anything in dreams.

Do this: practice during daytime, in a daydream. Relive a past dream, those where you got lucid if you prefer, only this time, bring your vision to success, imagine yourself (in 1st person) doing everything you wanted to do, the way you intended to.
It is very important to visualize lots of details, and put emotional participation in there (you may want to take some time for yourself for doing this). After that, affirm “Next time I’m in a dream, I will be able to X”, and believe it, command it, then just be sure of it, and go on like nothing happened, as there’s nothing more to worry about. Try and see the results :wink:

Good news, I read what PSeanH wrote before I went to sleep and had some success. When I became lucid I affirmed that I am in control of the dream world and anything is possible. I was able to fly straight into the sky almost at the speed of sound. I wasn’t able to stay asleep so I didn’t make it into space, but I’m not worried about that. It was just my natural time to wake up. I know some techniques to stay asleep as well.

So, step 1 complete! But if I am going to get to an alien planet I will need to fly faster than the speed of light. I know I can do it.

You are inside your SC when you dream, and your SC does not think you can fly. So you have to learn it that you can fly, in dreams. If we were unable to jump IRL, our SC would be programmed to believe that we cant jump, and we wouldn’t be able to jump in our dreams (without training). And if flying were a daily thing like walking, we would fly in every dream.

Well done… I’m glad to hear of your success so soon. I hope to have my second LD soon but I’m waiting patiently.

It’s good to hear you accomplished your first goal, now I don’t have to say anything helpful. :tongue: Anyways, I recently had my first LD out of nowhere while listening to music and I didn’t fly or anything, let alone realizing that it was really a lucid dream (kinda hard to explain) but I did jump a couple times and I jumped much higher than in reality and fell more slowly, not mentioning the fact I was standing in the air. I also span around a theme park ride thing extremely fast, wont really call it flying, but yeah. Anyway, I think I was able to do these things because I had no second thoughts about if they were possible or not and I think if you can just not have any doubt at all, anything’s possible.

Wonderful, you got it so fast! :content: My best wishes for your next dreams. :happy: