lottery

i was thinking about odds of winning the lottery. it seems like with so many people playing that someone would hit all six numbers every week. the odds of hitting all six numbers is very slim, and sence it is a random choosing of numbers it would be the same odds of the same six numbers beung drawn twice in a month, because the system has no memmory of past drawings right. it would be a hell of a coincidence. in the game keno there are 20 numbers drawn from 80, and the players tries to match his 20 chosen numbers. i played it on the computer for five hours, and the best i did was hitting 11 numbers out of 20. so if you play power ball, the same numbers every week, or you choose diffrent numbers every week you still have the same odds. i use the fortune cookie method. i would like to get lottery dice which is six sided die with a nine sided die inside the six sided, and you play the numbers randomly chosen by the dice. imagine hitting all six numbers.

yes, imagine hitting all six numbers, but also imagine the world as we wish to see it for everyone

a perspective change and a clear mind, does wonders, and is wonder

or imagine shuffling a deck of cards back in the order in which they were in the box. i wonder if there has ever been a shuffle duplicated. i would think so with so many people who play cards, but on the other hand having the cards shuffled in the same order twice… ok lets look at dice. why is it that 7 is the most frenquent roll, and a double six, and snake eyes is more rare, or why are the chances greater for a coin to land on heads then tells? it seems to me the chances of rolling snake eyes. or double 12should be the same as rolling a seven. is it something in the universe that controlls all of it. i bet i could roll the dice 20 times, and not roll snake eyes, but why is that?

7 is the most frequently rolled because so many combinations equal it. You can roll a
1&6 or 2&5 or 3&4 or 4&3 or 5&2 or 6&1. To get snake eyes, you can only get 1&1 so it is much less likely. As for the coin more likely to land on heads, if the coin is made well balanced this is completely untrue. There is an equal chance of the coin landing on heads or tails. Simple math.

Well, it’s all about statistics. If you shuffle a large enough amount of decks, you’ll eventually get one which ends up the way it is “supposed” to be (Ordered, that is)

However, since there are 52 cards in a deck (54 with Jokers), simple maths shows you there are 52! ordering possibilities: The first card can be in one of the 52 places, the second anywhere the first isn’t (51 places) etc etc.

52! = 80,658,175,170,943,878,571,660,636,856,403,766,975,289,505,440,883,277,824, 000,000,000,000

That’s a lot. That’s more than 80 unvigintillion. Now imagine having the odds of (1):(52!). How often do you think such an orderly shuffle would happen?

I’ll tell you what. Even if you’ll take a trillion people (1,000,000,000,000) and have every one of them shuffle and check a hundred decks a second - it would still take them more than 25,561,949,410,833,453,309,140,089,008,177,653,221,553,370 million years.