Are you a natural? - Part I

I have been waiting for someone to ask people this question! Okay heres my story,
I have been lucid dreaming since as long as I can remember maybe 8. I remember all of my major lucid dreams from when I was little. They happened to stay in my mind and when I went to school I would tell people them. Well they were reallyy powerful ones and I had controll of everything I remember switching and changing so many things while in them.
Well last year my friend that I meant came up to me and asked me the question do you know your dreaming when you dream? And I said yes. Well she was freaking out! She then started to talk about that its called Lucid Dreaming and started to ask me all sorts of questions. I told her I thought everyone dreamt like that & thats about it. :eek:

Actually, the only reason I began to practise LD was because of one very peculiar dream I had not too long ago. I accidentally realized that I am dreaming and had a very short-lived LD. When I awoke, I recalled that I used to have LD s, even more LN s during my childhood. So I began to ponder if it wasn’t possible to induce this effect onto one self. And that’s how I came across the whole concept of LD, methods used and, of course, this great community. :wink: I remember I tried WILD the very same day I found out about LD and nearly got there :cry: now all that remains is excersise :shy:

All the nightmares I remember until now were lucid. And then they were not nightmares anymore. I’m not sure if that counts as natural, but I hadn’t heard of lucid dreaming before.

I remembered once when I was about…7 I had 6 nightmares one night, and then in one nightmare I was like …“Another nightmare?!” Hahaha. In the nightmare I woke up and everything was dark and gloomy, and a teddy bear popped out of no where, even though I knew it was a nightmare I went downstairs to tell my parents that I was having one…but then when I went downstairs all these pencils and erasers and spoons were chasing me. :sad: Then I woke up and ran downstairs to tell my parents. :rofl:

I am a natural… I had my first lucid dream (or the first one that I remember, at least) when I was 9 years old, and after that I’ve had lucid dreams every now and then and learned new things about controlling them - even long before I knew that they’re called “lucid dreams” or anything.
Maybe one of the reasons is, that I’ve always slept quite “badly”, which means that I wake up like every 3 hours during the night (luckily I can fall back to sleep again quite quickly). I don’t know why, but I just have a feeling that waking up and falling back to sleep in the night might help the lucidity.
And I have no idea if this affects it, but as a child I was so scared of the dark, that I always slept with lights on, and it became a habit that I still do (now it’s hard for me to fall asleep if it’s dark!).
One more natural thing that might affect having so many lucid dreams (like every third dream or something), is that even when I’m awake I’m totally a dreamer type :tongue:

yes bein scared by clowns
i noticed i was so afraid

then i decided to fight back the clown
the clown would fight and in the end id win

then it would drag me some how by my feet which is scary
i then would fall in to sp …which was even more freakier

until i decided to let all go and let ma self be draged who cares
i thought this spinnin has to stop sooner or later and it did

so by me thinkin these thoughts i was some how controlling my dream therefore ld

It’s the same with me, no joke. I remember having some kind of control over my dreams when I was a child. I think it was because I had so many nightmares, and I eventually took control of them, because they were so repetitive and obvious. But, now… I have at least one dream every night, where in it I am talking about a previous dream that I had, or writing down a dream, or a FLD… Well, at least that means I’m close to a LD :happy:

I have never had an LD. But I have very clear vivid dreams. I feel that, with a little effort, I will be able to have a lucid dream. :smile:

I LD all the time. In almost every dream. I don’t use any special technique or even tries to LD, just happens.

Sometimes having nightmares that people is gonna kill me and stuff, and when I LD I can just go and kick their asses instead. So it would be great to learn how to LD if you are having troubles with nightmares. Its nice when you feel that youre having a nightmare ( theres a special “nightmare feeling” in the dream isnt it? Or only me having that? ) and you just change it into a good/happy dream)

Some of my dreams feel so real, so sometimes when im awake I have to do reality checks to see if I’m awake or not. Thats a bit scary :razz:

Sometimes I have a problem when LDing:
When I’m having a good dream and I dont want it to end, it ends directly. I’m thinking that I’m in a hurry and “dont end now, dont end now”.
Any tips?
Any tips?

Every night I have at least one lucid dream. I have also been known to sleepwalk, have woken up while driving to work and can sleep through the end of the world (at least according to my wife). Unfortunetly, my dreams aren’t very fun.

As soon as I realize I am dreaming, every bit of fantasy disappears. While I can control and am aware of what is happening, everything is based on the natural laws of the world; no flying or any of that cool stuff simply because I know that is impossible. It is frustrating to say the least. I wonder if that is the reason why I never seem to get a good night’s sleep and wake up rested…

can’t you tell yourself that it is imagination, and so, you MUST be able to fly.

I cannot stand not having control over myself at any given point in time, and that too translates to the unconcious. I know that it is a dream, yet I also seem to know that if I allow myself to let the imagination go nuts, I feel a loss of control over all aspects of the dream. That gets scary fast…and usually I wind up telling myself to wake up in the dream, but to no avail.

For anyone who has read up on Julian Rotter’s theories of self effecacy, it’s a locus of control deal; mine is focused on my internal cognition.

Before I knew the concept of Lucid dreaming, I had a “false lucid” dream?
The dream started with me standing in front of a 10 foot or so fence, and I had an instant thought (I always get these in dreams), I just KNEW i could front flip the fence in slow motion, but I couldn’t understand why (I had no concept of conscious dreaming).

So I just jumped and slowly flipped over it, and I was full of excitement as I landed on the other side, I thought this was somewhat real life, so after I landed I turned around and did it again. I just kept wondering how can I do this, I remembering going through possibilities but I just could not land onto the thought of a dream.

After waking up though, I was shocked as to what I had just dreamed, and I wondered if I had really somewhat took control of a dream or what really just happened, LOL.

I remember as a child having dreams where in the dream I said ‘I am in a dream’.

I always had lots of dreams and I was always able to remember them very well. And years ago without knowing anything about lucid dreams inorder to overcome my nightmares I decided that I will know when I am dreaming. And that is how I was able to become lucid without knowing anything about the subject. First I just forced myself to be conscious during my nightmares but then I improved my technique and I was able to do whatever I want in my dream. I was able to go to places, I was able to lengthen my dream and I was able to fly. I basically got conscious that I was dreaming before hearing about lucid dreams and I enjoyed it alot…

But then I had a baby and my sleep patern got terrible and I was not able to have dreams let alone being lucid. And recently, 6 months ago I heard about this as a concept. I said to myself I was doing this so I can do it again. Since my realization I had 4 LDs but then it stopped. It just stopped. I can not become lucid anymore. And it is terrible for me. I think last time I was lucid was a month or two months ago. No matter how hard I try I can not become lucid. One night I had a false awaking thats all. I want to be lucid again. Now am I natural or not?! :help:

My very first lucid dream was one that came about without any knowledge that it was even possible. Of course, I was probably ten or so and it was such a huge revelation that I didn’t really know what to do with it. It was a particularly unpleasant dream, so my first impulse was to pick up a phone on which someone had called me, shout, “Yeah, well, guess what, this is a dream! So THERE!” and then hang up and wake myself up. :neutral: Somewhat less productive than it could have been, that one.

I answered yes, because I can remember an occasional instance or two where I realized I was dreaming. However, it wasn’t much more than that. It was a “oh cool” kind of moment but I didn’t really understand that I could influence anything or exert any control over the dream state.

That said, I don’t really feel Iike I was a natual. Learning to LD was a process that took time and effort to get proficient at. I by no means decided to learn to LD and started having 1 per night all the time; but as my dream recall, focus, and most importantly confidence grew to became easier and easier to have LD’s.

Therin lies your problem. It is not impossible to fly, as you are dreaming. No rules, laws, or regulations apply to the dream state. You need to get yourself to believe that you can fly, because of course you can. Once you do you won’t have any problem doing . Stop telling yourself its difficult or immpossible, because its not. It’s actually quite easy; as long as you don’t self impose the laws of physics into your own dreams.

I don’t remember having lucid dreams as a child but recently I’ve definitely had a couple accidental lucid dreams

when i was a kid i use to have actual lucid dreams i remmber them very clearly too. ii remmber the same dream over and over again. i use to turn out of my bed and jump and get smaller and run around the floor it was odd. and as if i remmber it too it was yearrrss ago o.o i knew i was dreaming.

I’ve always lucid dreamed naturally. I haven’t used any outside stimulus or techniques to force them to happen. I’m always somewhat lucid in my dreams: I choose where I want to go and with whom. Then extras come when I need them…

If I’m trying to escape from somewhere or someone, my agility and speed instantly increase and I can get away.

If I need to fly, I either jump or grow wings and up I go. Of course, the results on that varies - it depends on my confidence that night. Generally though, my skill improves every time I fly in a dream.

Or if I’m trapped, in my mind the answer to get out of it manifests in my mind and I’m freed.

This wasn’t just as a child - I still LD this way. -shrug- They’re pretty easy to have… all I need to do is focus on having one in that moment before I fall asleep, and I wake up dreaming. :smile: