Lucid challenge #22 Oficcially over, see challenge #23

This is gonna be fun, I had a lot of dreams when I was at a different age, but it was years ago, guess its time for it again :tongue:

Got lucid on the awakening last night;
besides, changing my/others’ age sounds like fun, I’ll try not to mess DC’s up too badly :lol:

I had another two lucid dreams last night :happy:

A friendly reminder from my subconscious
Date: 23-01-2010
During a vacation, I’m riding a mountainbike down towards a beach. I would have liked the beach to be tropical, but it’s not. It’s a partly cloudly day, but at least it’s not cold. Various trees are standing on the sand itself. This isn’t right, I think to myself. Slowly I am becoming lucid.

Once I put down my bike and enter a stadium like building, I am fully aware that I’m dreaming. I walk towards a group of elderly people, sitting at a table in the centre of the building. I decide to tease them, so I steal the glasses of one of the men. While he doesn’t look amused, he doesn’t get mad. Next, I summon somekind of animal. It looks like somekind of rat, but it runs away quickly.

I have a strong feeling the group of elderly people was in my dream to help me remember that I was supposed to change my age. I didn’t remember to do so in the dream. The lucid part of this dream lasted about twenty seconds.

Philosofical questions
Date: 23-01-2010
A group of people is eating dinner at a restaurant. A funeral mob walks in. I’m told a baby has died. The parents come in first, but there are friends and family behind them. There is also a train of wooden baskets on wheels that rolls behind them. The space in the restaurant is quite small, so the guests need to stand up from their chairs and they are pressed against the table, as the mob walks by.

I start to cry, in fact, everyone in the restaurant is crying. As the mob passes by, I start to wonder what happened to the soul of the baby. Itsn’t it strange that I’m sad, I wonder, since I believe in life after death. The baby is probably happy where he is now. I then start to wonder what will happen to me if I die. The strange thing is that in this dream I’m standing next to my father, who in real life has also died.

I wake up from the dream, but I am still thinking about the same questions. I drift back into my dreamworld in the way that would happen if you did a WILD, so I am fulled lucid. I have a strong feeling that my subconscious wants to elevate my conciousness and understanding. A dream landscape forms itself, but the dream is not very clear. After a few seconds I feel I am being pulled out of the dream. I feel I am close to achieving something, but perhaps I’m not quite ready yet to find the answers to my questions. The lucid part of this dream lasted for about ten seconds.

I guess that means another 50 points :happy:

I got lucid yesterday and completed the previous challenge. :smile:

That means… calculating
30 lucid points + 25 points for completing the challenge + 10 bonus points - 10 late points.

If I’m correct, 55 points! :content:

Updating the scores:
Also the scores are now:
Solaris-175 points ! :grin:
Leeh-55 points
Ghostie11- 20 points
Tosxychor-20 points

Looks like solaris is in the lead by 120 points! Congra
dulatins to all who went lucid recently!

How much points?

I finally had a lucid dream :mrgreen_hat: (after two weeks or something). I don’t keep a DJ on LD4all, so I’ll write about the dream here instead of a link:

I find myself on The Great Wall of China (though I’m not Chinese). I look around a bit, and see people around me. Unlike what I’ve expected, I know them. They’re from the same school as I am, but they’re the seniors (and I don’t talk with them much normally, because they’re way too busy with things). Somebody (I don’t know who the person is, probably a teacher) urges us to keep walking, and we do so. I notice the girl in front of me (and she is the one senior I’m closest to) and I see that her legs are extremely thin (as if she had anorexia). My stomach churns at the thought that what I was seeing could’ve been only bones. I start looking for a bathroom (and it seems quite odd to me by then, looking for a bathroom on The Great Wall of China). I walk out of a door to my right at those points which there are cube-shaped room-ish things on the Wall but some mystic creature (it looked like the “Genie of the Lamp”, now that I think of it) stops me on the way. I try to walk past him, but of course I’m stopped. He tells me that I could walk out there, but it would have its consequences. I don’t question him about anything, just accept and walk out. He knows where I want to go, and teleports me there as I walk out of the door. I’m now in a bathroom, but my hair is very heavy, as if I’d never washed it for years (that is just a guess though, I don’t know what happens when a person doesn’t wash her hair for years). It is quite straight though, and has a lighter color than it normally has. I have a hard time carrying it even with my hands, and I approach a washbasin. There are things written all over it. I glance at the mirror for a second, and then look at the washbasin again. The letters on it are moving. That’s when I say “I’m dreaming,” and I have a few moments of realization of the fact that I haven’t had a lucid dream in a while. First, I look back up into the mirror, and I decide the first thing I want to do: To change my hair to be a more dreamer-friendly way. I think “I’ll look away and look into the mirror again, and my hair will be short.” and do what I say. Not to my surprise, it works. Then I wonder what I want to do next. I remember about this quest and try to change my age. First I visualize how I’d look the age I wanted to be (I chose to be younger because I thought it would be easier to remember something instead of trying to guess about the future) and then I tell myself that I’d be the age I chose (10 -because it is a nice number, and easily rememberable) when I spun around and stopped. I start spinning clockwise, but I must’ve been spinning too fast that I even lose my vision of the background. I spin and spin and spin (it feels like forever) and then I decide that I’d rather stop. I can’t stop by thinking “I’ll stop now,” or “I’ll slow down now,” or “I’ll start spinning counterclockwise,” or (this one was lame in a dream, I know, I just didn’t know by then) “I’ll put a force so that if there is frictional force in this place, the force I place on myself will be equal to the force applied to me from the other side; and I’ll eventually slow down.” I feel hopeless, and decide that I’d rather wake up, so I do the “I’ll wake up when I open my eyes”.

I was very disappointed when I woke up. I could’ve done many things in that dream. However, it was an afternoon nap, and I could feel my body almost sweating under the quilt. So that’s how I relieved myself. My lucidity and vividness was low anyway, as they always are. :sad:

That’s it. I guess this is 35?
I guess this challenge actually helped me also.

How did i miss that?

Most bonuses will be 10 points unless i ssay otherwise

AGH! I have had two lucid dreams, and I came so close to completing the challenges but I got distracted LOL!

Here are my dreams:

Dream 1 (idk the exact dates, I think this was friday night/sat morning)

I am in my schools courtyard sitting at the table where I usually sit at lunchtime. Sitting in front of me is my friend (whos real name is james but we call him Bodom) and I am talking to him, and then I manage to fall asleep and have a dream inside my dream. The weird thing is though is that this dream is hardly even different besides the fact that it’s now sunset and the person sitting in front of me is my other friend Cody who switched spots with Bodom. This sets something off in my mind and I do a nose RC. I go lucid and Im thinkin, it all makes sense now. Anyways so I walked away from the table and someone hands me some goldfish (the crackers) but I decide I don’t want these, I want a Jack in the Box Big Cheeseburger (nom nom nom) so I spawn one in my hand and start eating it. Then I thought, I will do the challenge! This is my chance! But then I notice a hot chick across the way :meh: I decide to grow my ‘thing’ to two feet long and ‘introduce’ myself to this female. Then I wake up. Fail. fml.

Dream 2: Same day, after waking then going to sleep again.
I had been reading about an Alice in Wonderland type dream before I fell asleep. I find myself standing in front of some sort of castle talking to my friend Bodom, yet again. Everything is in black and white. Somethings off and I decide to do a nose RC. oh look I am dreaming. I start trying to speak to my friend but I was having extreme difficulty getting words out of my mouth. It was really freaking me out, but I finally said to him “You know Bodom, you appear in a lot of my lucid dreams. It’s really weird”
Then I turn around and look at this tree. All of a sudden extreme color starts to appear in segments going horizontally down my view. It’s super beautiful and reminds me of Alice in Wonderland colors. I start walking around, see some people, say hi, then I woke up. Man, I so wanted to explore this place too. hmm.

Well anyways those were my dreams so far. I hope to try again tonight :smile:

I had another lucid dream tonight

I am at a swimming pool. I meet an old female friend. I simply ask her if she wants to have sex with me. I half expect her to turn me down, but she is very enthusiastic. She disappears however before anything happens. I become lucid and I look for her, but I can’t find her. I explore tje dreamscape instead.

I know other things happened in this dream, but I didn’t record this dream like I usually do, so I don’t remember. I didn’t use my normal technique for inducing an LD either, so I completely forgot about the challenge. The LD lasted longer then ten seconds though. Another 30 points then :cool:

So, do LD points add up regardless? If so, I should be at 50 :wink:

No need to do task, however you can only get 30 points doing something else in an LD :wink:

1. GHOSTIE11
  2. Leeh cookiemonster
  3. Eaza
  4. Shaolink
  5. Mem
  6. Tosxychor biggrin
  7. flammee
  8. Solaris
  9. sebbe1997
  10. freevampire :wiske:

:eek: we have already started the challenge a few days ago, signup is not open until this challenge is finished :wink:

Sorry, freevampire, but the challenge started a while ago :sad:
Also, sorry to the participants, i’ve been a bit lax about posting challenge, i’ll try to bee more ontime in the future.
Anyway, i noticed that theri wasn’t much fiendly chatter in this thread, you can post even if you didn’t dream :tongue: So the next challenge is…

Meet up with the other athletes (Dreamletes?)

In this task you must meet do things toghether with the other challengers, this isn’t a shared dream, I mean that one shoul meet a made up dream character of that person. Anyway the points are as follows:

Task points:

Meet up with another challenger- 10 points
Complete a previous task with another challenger- 20 points (plus the points from the other task)
Meet with all the other challengers- 30 points

Bonus:
Meet up with the TM (me)- 10 points

You have a normal dream without ever considering you are dreaming = 0 points
You consider you may be dreaming at least once in the dream, but don’t get lucid = 10 points
You realize you are dreaming, but wake up in under approximately 10 seconds of your realization = 20 points
You realize you are dreaming and have a lucid dream that lasts over approximately 10 seconds = 30 points

Updating the scores:
Also the scores are now:
Solaris-205 points :grin: !
Mem-60 points
Leeh-55 points
Tosxychor-50 points
Ghostie11- 20 points

I had a WILD last night. It once again didn’t last very long. I was on a bike riding around a small town. I was looking for something interesting to do, but failed. Then I woke up. I really need a way to prolong my LD’s and increase their vividness :bored:

Anyway, another 30 points please :cool:

Interesting task, I hope Ill do the task this time :tongue:

Happy dreams everyone :happy:

Well, I had 2 very brief lucid moments last night, so is it 40 pnts? :content:
Besides, I really have to motivate myself to complete one of the challenges :tongue: I’ll do it! ^^

Another LD in my account, 30 seconds long. Man I’m making this by sheer quantity of LD’s :rofl:
EDIT: plus another lucid moment, I slept in late :tongue: :colgate:

Just posting the task, i’m in a bit of a hurry.

Grag

I’m taking a bit from my last challenge, where i gave people a made up word and told people to find out what it means, this time the word is “Grag”

The task points are as follows:

Find out what a grag is, but forget: 10 points
Find a Grag in your dream: 15 points
Make your own Grag- 25 points

Similar to last time i will be giving a one time bonus of 5-30 points depending on how similar a Grag is too what I found out it was (in my dream)

You have a normal dream without ever considering you are dreaming = 0 points
You consider you may be dreaming at least once in the dream, but don’t get lucid = 10 points
You realize you are dreaming, but wake up in under approximately 10 seconds of your realization = 20 points
You realize you are dreaming and have a lucid dream that lasts over approximately 10 seconds = 30 points

Good luck and find those grags!