Mirrors in LDs.

Never again man,

I had a lucid dream where I was conscious but, couldn’t summon things out of thin air or change dreamscapes… anyways I did all the reality checks for fun, and then I stepped into the bathroom and turned into the mirror,

I saw a very strange thing, but, it was neon white and very tall. It then slowly turned into me but, with hugely exaggerated motions, ear to ear grin. Then it separated into 5 slightly 3d glowing blobs and it zoomed out to a view of the universe and just felt like I got ripped apart and spread across the universe. Then I was sucked into the mirror and I flew around the universe for a long time… Reminded me of a high dose of k or a 4th plat dex dose.

Anyways, does this have an actual meaning or is it just something crazy my brain made-up to screw with me.

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

:bored: well i have no idea what happened but if it happened to me i would be terrified. In all of my ld’s i have oppertunities to step through mirrors but i am alyways terrified to. hopefully one night i will overcome this fear. my advice to you is to picture what you want to see in the mirror then maybe you can get to where you want to go. hope i helped and good luck! :smile:

hey, this is my first post, but given that the first time i ever became lucid was from seeing myself in a mirror, i thought this would be a good place to start :content: i think the idea of a mirror is highly metaphorical. getting sucked into it, your reflection wants you to become it? as in your ego, i guess, wants the real you to be it (your ego)? i don’t know, does this sound anywhere relevant? i hope you don’t mind me trying to analyze, but the dream is a very interesting one, but the terms like “ripped” “sucked” and the picture make it seem less than pleasant. maybe try and grasp another view of the universe, i bet it would be more pleasant next time around.

mirrors can create the strangest things:
Once I stand in font of one and I saw me, loud and cruel laughing. It was hardly bearable. But as I looked at my reflection on a car, I saw that i was :smile:

Sounds fascinating. You should try it again. In fact, I want to see if something that interesting would happen to me now that I’ve read this. I stopped going through mirrors when I just kept ending up in a black void. It has no content so it’s not that much fun. Although it is an opportunity to build a scene. I’d like to travel around the universe.

Sounds great! I love mirrors in dreams, they always seem to offer some new and exciting adventure. Your adventure sounds especially grand.

Your tone suggests that you’re nervous to try it again. Actually, that’s all the reason why you SHOULD do it again. The best way to overcome such fears is to confront them. Most likely you’ll have an entirely different experience the next time you look into a mirror.

Let us know how it turns out!

Sounds scary!! If it was me, I would have screamed myself awake. You must be brave. Well… still… as long as you did not feel pain, I guess it was an experience. Do you think using psychic self-protection techniques will protect us from such experiences?

Absolutely! Belief/intent/will is the key, so however you choose to manifest this will work just fine. (I’m a skeptic with an open mind :smile: ) So yes, do some shielding or whatever other techniques you like and I’m sure they’ll be a great way to solidify your intent.

The mirror in my LD was so scary!!! I was my-self and started twitching like a deamon was inside me!!! very scary but cool :happy:

In my LD night before last I was wondering whether or not to look into the mirror, but I was afraid to because it was only my 2nd LD and I didn’t know if it would end my lucidity or not. I was so happy I was lucid that I didn’t want to jinx it! LOL