Do you think in your dreams?

I never think in my dreams, sadly xP It would be nice to, though. It’s hard to attain lucidity if you don’t question anything. :wink:

Well, when I recall back my LDs,
It seems like that when I think too much, I lose lucidity \ the dream.

My longest LD was more aware and at the moment.

Yeah, I’m not saying thinking is necessarily a good thing. I found myself losing somedreams too because of overthinking, but doing it while keeping aware of the dreamscape works fine for me.

In my LDs, what I think is what I see…

I remember having long and fast train of thoughts which I have I hard time to follow in my NDs. I even once listened to my thoughts for a while and thought “I’m thinking too fast,” but I did not become lucid after that. I guess I was just very close. When I’m lucid, I seem to think in a normal pace. The thoughts are almost always questions, by the way (like why something was happening in the dream). I really wonder why I can’t realise that I’m dreaming…

I just think we are less conscious. I think i’ve experienced what you are talking about.

i would say there are different types of dreams. in a FA i think of course the same things i think when i wake up for real. then there are dreams i experience kinda 2nd or 3rd view.

i bet the more experienced LDers think in their dreams more because of the sense of lucidity being more comfortable with them, after repetition you can branch out to new areas of expertise. OR its based on how deep you think in WL, not sure.

Interesting, in most of my dreams I actually think, but so much things happen in dreams that I often miss to RC :meh:

Some times the thinking has given me an LD :woo: however, when Im in LD I tend to rather act than think what I want to do :cry:

I’ve always had trouble thinking for some reason, I could never articulate a simple sentence in my mind and keep it organized that way… I don’t know way my thought process has always been more visual than anything else.

So often times it plays out the same way inside of my dreams.

If I do think, I’m sure its like what Rhewin said, and I only remember the action.
I think that even in RL, I mostly only remember actions (unless I really go off thinking about a lot of stuff). However, it might be that I simply have not improved my DR enough to remember if I do think.
I hope I do, as I don’t think an LD would be the same if I didn’t think like I do in RL.

Thinking?? I never think, in or out of dreams!! :gni: On a more serious note, I do seem to think in my dreams, just not logically.

I do think in my dreams, but I my thinking isn’t even close to logical. In non-lucid dreams, I accept everything I see as true. Heck, if a 5 headed giraffe walked by me in a dream, I wouldn’t find it the slightest bit odd.

I can think in my ND (have´nt had too many LD.s). Do it in all of my dreams, cind of obvious for me :tongue:
One time i was rideing my bike and i where right behind a couple of hot chicks and i thoght “dam that´s one fine looking chick!” :content:

Come of think of it, my dreams are action-packed, unlike my waking life with is thought-packed. I tend to think a lot on waking, but very little in my dreams. I talk, yes, but I don’t find the need to think. Strange, eh?

No, that’s my case too.

When I think about thinking in dreams…I don’t think I think.Actually, I think I don’t think.Until this point, I didn’t think about the fact that I don’t think in my dreams.

OK, enough with the confusing part.
I just…play along with the dream.Just like some kind of a sequence, without any thinking.

LDs are different tho…because I’m aware of the fact that I’m dreaming.

Yes, I do.
I remember talking with myself in recent dreams, loud in my head :razz:.

I remember myself thinking in some of my regular dreams. One time I had a dream that I died and turned into a ghost. My only thoughts were “Haha, I’m going to scare so many people.” Those thoughts are kind of stupid, thinking of them now. I could of done so much more… Er…

But yeah… The only time I actually respect my dream thoughts is when they are from lucid dreams- when I actually can make sense of why I thought what I did.

Oh cool, first post.

I had a dream last night where I had a thought (I wasn’t intentionally thinking per say) and the mental image of this thought seemed to superimpose over the dream scene, like if you had a drawing, then put a piece of clear paper (overhead sheet) with a different drawing on top.

The question I was wondering, was (after the dream), what would have happened if I asked another character in the dream if they could see it?