LC #23, Winner: Wyvern! Congratulations everyone!

I want to sign up! Thanks :smile:

In the same way one can do it by daytime - taking a guess, and rough approximation :tongue: By remembering what you did during a LD, it should be feasible to give an estimate of how much time was required to do it. If you are unsure about the duration of your dream, take the middle value. If you think your dream lasted 3-5 minutes, it should be safe to take the 4 minutes mark; if you are thinking 2-4, however, it would be best to assume it lasted 3 minutes and take the 1 minute mark.

Besides, I kept it at x4 time increases because it would be fairly easy to distinguish if you kept doing something for some time, or 4 times as much. The original idea was +5 points for x2 time increase, but it was too much xP

Plus let’s not forget, we’re grounding these challenges on reciprocal trust by default :smile: so letting one decide how long their LD was would be no different from letting someone tell a semi-lucid of theirs from a real lucid. The decision is up to them, and their good heart.

I would need yo help with claculating because it’s a bit confusing.
Will you do that?

ADDENDUM: I noticed it wasn’t clear enough in the description,
Every dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams.

All rule changes will be edited into the first post when the challenge starts, or before if required.

Count me in! :happy:

I need the extra motivation. And it should be fun!

I also suck at telling how long the dream went, but as you said, with this system even if you are off by a minute or two it should still be easy to put it in the correct “group”. I’ll have to really invest in my middle-of-the-week LD’ing. Maybe I’ll even get good at it!!

Good luck everyone, and remember to have fun! :wink:

I’m in, I could use the boost of competition :tongue:
But I would like to point something out.

1 min x 4 = 4 mins
4 mins x 4 = 16 mins…not 15

So will the cut off for that time period be 15 mins, and then 1 hour…4 hour…then 15 hours? or would it be at 16 mins then 64 mins (which is 16 x 4) and so one up?
Either way though, telling between 15 mins and 16 mins is very difficult in a dream, so having a rounded cut off at 15 would probably be a little easier in my opinion.
(I’m an engineering student, I tend to over-analyse things :tongue:)

The 15-instead-of-16 thing was for a pretty rounding when it comes to the next x4, so it’s more appealing to see 1 hour instead of 64 minutes :tongue: but after that, it should pretty much go by the standard rule, so ticks at 4hrs, 16hrs, 64hrs etc.

Congrats on winning the last challenge, TC. It was a fun competition, but you beat me in the end :cool:

Count me in.

I have some concern about the rule changes though. While I agree that the old rules were not appropriate any more, I think the new ones are too complicated. We are not all math students here :wink: I’m sure you can simplify them without destroying your purpose of creating greater differentiation of points.

Well then, the relevant changes I made were:

• the progressive points system for LD duration
  • the chaining/getting back lucidity issue
  • the late/early points awards
  • the Quest bonus

and the rest is entirely dependant on the task I’ll be assigning, so nothing permanent and/or important per se.
I guess one reason this seems complicated is because it’s all too crammed in a short post, I’ll look into explaining the whole thing better. :wink:

Well tosxychor, i have to say… Wow!

You’ve made some changes i like, i’ve thought for a while that the lucid points were a little over powered and the task points underpowered. People were getting lucid but doing no tasks, and gettin way more points than someone getting lucid a bit less, but doing the tasks.

I also am hapy that you are including the monthly quest as part of the challenge. I wanted to make changes, but i guess i was just afraid i would do it wrong, or that people wouldn’t like them. :sad:

Anyway, I would like to, if possible, join this challenge, I have gotten 75% of my LD’s because of the challenge motivatd me to get them. I’ll be a much more active challengee then i was a task master :tongue:

/me signs up to the list.

:unsure: where is the list? :hmmm: /me hides behind the wall and keeps Quiet :silent:

I’m keeping the list in the first post, GHOSTIE.
I’ve tidied up the list, now the whole thing should be more understandable :content:
Also, I’ve rounded up a lot of task-related bonuses, since now LDs could easily award 40+ points for some, instead of just 30.
And the dream duration refers to dream time.

Wasn’t sure at first, but I thing I’ll SIGNUP again. :smile:

But about the challenges, could you make them a bit flexible, so we would not have to give up OUR goals - when we attempt to complete the challenge?
Challenges that are less specific, and have more room for creativity,
less - what to do, and more - how to do it.
I’m sure it’ll be fun. :razz:

I’ll sign up to, was some time I participate in a challenge but I remember, that the first one I was in, got me lucid the very same night.

I’m willing to give the new rules a try. :smile:

You hit that nail right on the head with that one :wink: I had exactly this in mind, to provide challenges that require to do often common/generic actions, but in multiple, original and/or creative ways :happy: so stay tuned, I’ve got 10 awesome tasks right here for you to explore and enjoy :content:.

I can’t possibly pass up on this Challenge. Count me in too. :happy:

(Though part of me is hoping I lose so I can compete against you, tosxyChor :tongue:)

Count me in! I’m currently experimenting with some prototype techniques that (in theory) give a 100% chance of lucidity. So, I should be able to get my LD rate high enough. :grin:

I’m very glad to see so many enthusisatic people willing to compete! :happy: I’ll do my best to give you a satisfactory challenge.
And Wyvern, if you want it, I can always try and compete unofficially :tongue: I’ll just apply myself to do the tasks each night, and count the points up in my DJ. Tell me what you think about that :wink:

I know, but if I don’t know how much the dream lasted, I would feel guilty myself. I don’t think much would change though, seeing that I can only get lucid once a week or something. :sad:

Thanks for the detailed answer, I think I get it now. :content:

Ok so you will give us tasks to complete, just like in the LD4all goals, and will we have to report here our lucid dream and will receive a total score ?

This sounds fun, I’m always looking for new ideas of things to achieve in LDs when I don’t have enough motivation to meet Fujimoto :smile:

I’ll join :wink: