I am psychokinetic

Imagine you’re in a situation where there is a 1 in a million chance that two things will happen coincidentally in the next minute. Now, there are about 6 billion people in the world, and so by the laws of chance that 1 in a million coincidence will happen to 6000 people every minute. Since there are 1440 minutes in a day, that means in a single day this 1 in a million coincidence will happen to 8,640,000 people.

That’s just for one specific conincidence. If you think about all of the thousands and thousands of possible coincidences that could occur, I don’t think it’s too unlikely that every so often a 1 in a million coincidence will happen to you.

I’ve tried to explain exactly what you’ve said to so many people over the years, but I’ve never been able to put it is succintly and convincingly as you just have. People love to think that there is something about them that makes them special and different to everyone else, but really coincidences are happening all the time, so the fact that it happens to you every now and again is of no significance.

hahaha Kava and Giospurs will now banish the expression “what were the odds ?” from english language :wink:

thank you kava and few others. this is why you respect your elders.

science vs magic… just another case of day trying to submit the night because the night won’t show its true colors. day originated from the same place as night, so although separated at birth, their the only two who can understand and quarrel with eachother.

the second you divide them from the original power is the second you step off the path of containing them both.
…think about it the next time your having sex, its give and take.

also Vamp, give it a few years your veiws should change and if not you might find yourself blind, the one thing you might feel invincible from right now.

Blind? I do believe that it is most people who are blind by following science. I believe life was better when scientists were considered heretics. Sure, you had to fight for life, but this was what gave life its meaning. If you don’t fight for your life, than what do you fight for? Science takes away the meaning in life. It makes everything cold and meaningless. It doesn’t make room for magic, and I proved to my self many times that magic does indeed exist. I was just explaining why I’m not blind at all, but rather one who sees things.
At any rate, let’s just bring this conversation back to the original topic after this.

Prove each of your statements here with a persuasive piece of evidence.

To be honest, I find it very hard to understand how somebody can romanticise the dark ages like this. A time when people were killed for trying to further knowledge and understanding or for deviating from the norm. Where sickness and plagues wiped countless thousands off the face of the earth and people thought it was a god taking his anger out on them, having no idea about hygiene, or that they were contaminating their own water supplies with excrement. A time where it was ok to treat others with disdain, simply because they were a different colour to you. Where you could be hung if you were accused of being a witch, which is kinda ironic when you are using the term magic.

To be fair it never deviated from the original topic. You posted your experiences and interpretation of them, others are simply doing the same thing. To label what they say as off-topic, simply because you don’t agree with it, is a disingenuous attempt at censorship. You can’t share your beliefs, and insist others don’t share theirs.

I can see you are a rational type, and I respect that. The ensuing back and forth that will occur from this is not going to be productive though. You say, prove what you say with evidence. After some time and inevitably frayed and heated discussion, somebody says, why does the universe have to be logical, what proof do you have that there can be irrefutable evidence for everything. Certainly you have a valid reason to adopt that mindset, scientific method has progressed us very far indeed, it’s very rational to believe it will continue to do so; and that it can be applied productively to all things. That however is still a personal outlook on the world around you.

I never thought about it, but I was being a hypocrite by saying people who dont beleive in magic are close minded, when I myself was being close minded. Wow thanks for pointing that out to me. I really would, and need to learn that everyone cant think like me, and its usualy a waste of time to try to convince others to do so. I dont think I will ever learn this life lesson. I want to be totaly open minded even to those that I preceve as being close minded.

i hear you kava, theres always that greater understanding infinite levels up and down.

and vamp, you need to expand your consciousness because in this marathon of life, your only 14 boy… learn what it means to grow then take an adult sized look at your current headspace. im young to but i respect my elders and ALL formations of the earth for the knowledge and wonder in each.

knowledge, wonder - science, magic.

you and i and all under the sky will forever be blind untill the day that we die :cool:

Sorry about making such a big mess of this topic. I don’t know what got into me, but I felt like arguing over that trivial thing. (I kinda had a bad day) And, since I don’t like losing arguments, things escalated a little out of control. Ok, maybe way out of control. I kept using really illogical statements. I still do believe in precognitive experiences though. That won’t change. But, to be honest, I trust science. Like I said, things got way out of control.

princeton.edu/~pear/human_machine.html

A place where science and magic come together!! :woo: (Ok… they don’t actually say that… but if you want a more scientific ‘not too fluffy’ look at the kind of experiences this topic is talking about AND also to illustrate, yet again, that science (or more precisely, the scientific method) is not as closed minded as a lot of people on this forum make it out to be. (this LUCID DREAMING forum could potentially not exist if not for the scientific work of Laberge opening up the techniques and experience to a much larger audience other than those esoteric few).

As for myself, I like to experience events such as conincidences and let the mind play with the possiblities that it can imply, and even sometimes, the string of events that lead from those conincidences afterwards. But to give it meaning? I don’t know? To think I know what it all means would be pretty arrogant.

Science is as (if not more) imaginative than magic. I find myself in awe just conceptualising how the earth came to be, from one event to another to another.

Thanks, I think this was the stuff that I was looking for earlier. Did anyone check out the other links I posted in my earlier comment?

@ Vampirism45
It takes guts to admit you were wrong, let alone apologise publicly for it. It also deserves respect.

@ Kava
Similar to above, respect.

Ah… what a conincidence then eh?! :tongue: I can’t remember how I stumbled on the link actually - was some time ago and I thought it was pretty interesting.

I looked at your link…even watched the video. The holographic universe is a term I have heard before but never really understood until now. From the idea of a holographic universe the idea arrises, to qoute, “If the apparent separateness of subatomic particles is illusory, it means that at a deeper level of reality all things in the universe are infinitely interconnected.”

Which leads me to think about a documentary I saw on TV in the early hours of one morning about the creation of the universe, the planets, earth and life… and how it all comes back from particles of dust… ultimately… we are all made from the same material, just put together in different ways! Its like having two identical boxes of lego, throw them on the floor you will get two different things. (this is not a topic about creation though - but the idea we are all connected back to the same source). Sooooooooooooooo… the idea that we can all resonate on the same level is then entirely possible. It opens up ideas of telekinesis… we don’t move things with our minds - we are the thing and we move together.

Think about moving your hand. It happens so automatic, you really dont have to ‘think’ about moving it, just about controlling where you want it to go. (they sound like the same thing, but they are not).

Only criticsm I have on the link is how they apply the theory to memory. The experiements they site are pretty outdated, and a lot more is now known about the encoding of memories. Still, I would be interested in finding some more information about testing the ideas against more recent memory theory.

Also, the holographic universe means that reality exists in a state of plasticity. Something, which current neurological research is discovering that the brain is far more plastic than once thought.

Interesting stuff.

That’s exactly what people who practice telekinesis try to do! :eek: I’ve heard that they focus on the object they are trying to move until there is no difference between them and the object. Then, they say that they can move it as easily as if the object were a part of them.

i have personally witnessed coffee cups sliding across a table through the projection of consciousness ,

this ability to move matter is in the solar plexus chakra, which can be developed htru chanting,

if you want to feel what it is like to have this chakra active you can listen to my “crystal singing bowls” mp3 in the quest for lucidity, the first singing bowl for 75% o the track is a rose quartz solar plexus chakra bowl
not that it wlll give you psychic powers (although it could in time ) but you will probably feel that chakra be open and active ,

I have a sort of odd thing about me, i will see something i have never seen before in a dream, and forget about, then later (a month, a year, an hour) i’ll see the image in the excact same perspective in my dream.

I might have seen to stuff before though, so i doubt it’s anything real.

You can turn things on with your mind huh? You are making huge claims, I’m surprised there aren’t more people calling you out.

Video, or it’s not true.

Video, or it’s not true.

(I took the liberty of correcting some mistakes so it’s easier to read).