LC #23, Winner: Wyvern! Congratulations everyone!

So I thought I’d put an after weekend update on here, even though I didn’t have any lucid dreams. It was another intensely busy weekend for me (but in a good way - beautiful weather, lots of fun and volunteering, only 15 hours of homework :smile: ) and my sleep schedule suffered. I did post a couple dreams today, with the briefest flash of lucidity in this one. Even though my dreams were super boring, I’ve had fun reading and dreaming vicariously through all of yours!

I had a LD that was a little over a minute last night. New composition! 12 tone even. :woot:

I don’t know if I’ll be able to write the LD’s from these next few days out in my DJ. I’m going to be pretty busy. (I have a temporary job during the March break which takes most of the day.) I’ll try to write whatever I can when I get home though.

next task is goint to be updated today or tomorrow ? The first task will be “closed” or is the all challenge about being able to do several tasks even the ones that were assigned on the previous days ? Sorry if did not understand that correctly ^^

Well Rhewin, nice job! ^^ The quest was completed with success, and it deserves +10 points from the base score, since you actually got a ride :smile: but about the task, you should at least remember doing it for it to count. I’m sure however there will be plenty further occasions to do so :wink:. Plus you flew for the first time? Congrats, and 10 points for that! :happy: So | 40 LD + 60 quest + 30 lucid task + 10 bonus = 140 points! |

Wyvern, | 30 more points to you ; ) |. Will you put on the internet any of the compositions you made? It would be delightful. :content:

Cave of Mind, nice to see you again :smile: You better get inspired and get going! | 10 LD points for you today. |

Colors, 4 nights have passed, thus the 2nd task will be posted today at 17 GMT, stay tuned! :colgate:
EDIT: also, the tasks stay open till the end of the challenge, but doing them after some other came up may award less points. You can have a read about the early/late system in the first post.

No more LD luck for me yet, just some weird NDs. Will try and complete more of task 1 as I do task 2.

same for me Omnisomnia :wink: good luck to everyone for the task 2

Ysim, I loved your talk with the computer! :happy: I’m also enjoying everyone’s dreams and motivation. Thanks for that :smile:

Wyvern, if you do post the song let me know too! the last one I saw was fantastic ^^

I had a LD! :happy: it made me realize that hard work does indeed pay off! XD

DJ link

Current stand-up:

1. Cave of Mind | 10 |
  2. Colors | 170 |
  3. danielns13 | 0 |
  4. GHOSTIE11 | 0 |
  5. idaln09 | 120 |
  6. JazzleDazzle | 170 |
  7. Leeh | 0 |
  8. littlenemo | 0 |
  9. Magnus | 0 |
  10. mattias | 285 |
  11. Omnisomnia | 150 |
  12. Presence of Light | ?? |
  13. Puce | 180 |
  14. Rare | 95 |
  15. Rhewin | 290 |
  16. Siiw | 170 |
  17. Solaris | 0 |
  18. Vampirism45 | 0 |
  19. Wyvern | 375 |
  20. Ysim | 200 |

The 1st task score for everyone is in the first task post, so you know what you have to beat to get more points. Of course, neither LD points nor extra points are counted in there, those are fully cumulative.

I’ve got the 2nd task ready, so here goes! :content:

Ok, I did manage to complete the task on my second attempt. The dream was roughly 5 min long, and I was able to ask one DC. It was a girl walking through a hallway of some sort.

Question: “Do you know who I am?”
Answer: “No… which is weird because I know everyone here.”

There was a little more interaction, and can be found here

Give me your best shot for this one!

[center][title]Live your story![/title][/center]
For this task, I’m asking you to create a story on the run, and be its protagonist! Live the epic knight tale you always wanted, solve a case like the best detective could, or make it as random and hilarious as you can :lol:. It can be fantasy, it can be romance, it can be in space, it can be under the sea, any story you can think of, you can live it in your dreams! :content:
In order to be valid, a story must be narrated (on the spot!), either by you ([color=darkblue]10 pts[/color]), some DC ([color=darkblue]20 pts[/color]), or a disembodied narrator ([color=darkblue]30pts[/color])
As any story, yours requires a beginning, a complication, a developement and an epilogue: for the appearance of each section in yours, you will be awarded [color=darkblue]30 points[/color]. Each part needs to be longer than 10 seconds, and be sufficiently engaging (in a very broad sense): a skilled narration can very easily make it so.

For an extreme example:

Just go with the flow, and make anything your personal, epic adventure!

Bonus points if you impersonate (and act out) someone different from yourself ([color=darkblue]+20 points[/color]) or transform into someone else ([color=darkblue]+15 pts[/color]) (it can be as simple as a clothes change).
You can create other stories after the first one, however only the sequences bonus will apply (the one requiring a beginning, etc.) and it will award [color=darkblue]15 points[/color] per part for the second go, and [color=darkblue]10[/color] for all the next ones.

Example story:

Good luck to all of you :happy:

Tip of the day:

Current task score:

1. Cave of Mind | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  2. Colors | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  3. danielns13 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  4. GHOSTIE11 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  5. idaln09 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  6. JazzleDazzle | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  7. Leeh | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  8. littlenemo | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  9. Magnus | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  10. mattias | [color=#e4ecee]100[/color] |
  11. Omnisomnia | [color=#e4ecee]140[/color] |
  12. Presence of Light | |
  13. Puce | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  14. Rare | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  15. Rhewin | [color=#e4ecee]250[/color] |
  16. Siiw | [color=#e4ecee]110[/color] |
  17. Solaris | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  18. Vampirism45 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  19. Wyvern | [color=#e4ecee]200[/color] |
  20. Ysim | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |

I think this is the perfect task for me, since I like storys and I have had similar dreams, but not so many dreams with a narrator but, I’m looking forward to having one with a narrator.

This is gonna be interesting :cool:

hm…so we hear the voice of a narrator as we have a lucid dream ?

Brilliance!

It doesn’t have to be lucid, but the necessity of a narrator will ensure you are motivated enough for it to appear (or for you to tell the story), and the dream to count.
But essentially yes, the narration must be there for the duration of the story, but it’s fine if more narrators alternate, (only the highest score one will count anyway).

i’m not sure I ever experienced this…you really mean that as I am having adventures, it’s like when I hear an audiobook and the voice describes what happens ? :o

edit: do we have to put here what main quest we want to achieve ? I always think that with general topic like this one it might be best to first come with at least a vague idea of adventure or place you want to visit…then of course what’s important is the narration not the place, if you live it in another one that the one you told us about on this forum. I don’t know what do you think ?

This is a first for me, so I’m really excited to and have ideas I would have never thought about on my own ^^ I’ll begin with the simplest quest since I never experienced the narration stuff : I’ll be a knight (so I have to change sex) and I’ll listen to the narrator to tell me where I can find a dragon and beat him. Then the treasure if I win will be a surprise, I’ll let my SC do the rest :tongue:

Does this fit the task ?

Yeah, pretty much. Of course, if you feel it as a hindrance, feel free to narrate only the highlights of your story, but it probably won’t be as epic that way :tongue:

EDIT:

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of using whatever you find yourself into (in the dream) to begin a story based (eventually loosely) on that: that would probably make a easier time.
But sure, you’re completely free to build up a story by daytime and recreate it in the dream :content:

Can we do one story across several nights in this task, or just one story per night?

Furthermore, are there any chain bonuses?

Oh that’s so cool!!! I want to become Lara croft(from tomb raider) and fight!!!

Different dreams count for different attempts, and thus are not cumulative.
Chains, and lucidity regains, however, count as one single dream, and as such, one continued task, where other stories will add points to the score. (Be warned, however, stories beside the first will award less points)