LC #23, Winner: Wyvern! Congratulations everyone!

Give me your best shot for this one!

[center][title]Live your story![/title][/center]
For this task, I’m asking you to create a story on the run, and be its protagonist! Live the epic knight tale you always wanted, solve a case like the best detective could, or make it as random and hilarious as you can :lol:. It can be fantasy, it can be romance, it can be in space, it can be under the sea, any story you can think of, you can live it in your dreams! :content:
In order to be valid, a story must be narrated (on the spot!), either by you ([color=darkblue]10 pts[/color]), some DC ([color=darkblue]20 pts[/color]), or a disembodied narrator ([color=darkblue]30pts[/color])
As any story, yours requires a beginning, a complication, a developement and an epilogue: for the appearance of each section in yours, you will be awarded [color=darkblue]30 points[/color]. Each part needs to be longer than 10 seconds, and be sufficiently engaging (in a very broad sense): a skilled narration can very easily make it so.

For an extreme example:

Just go with the flow, and make anything your personal, epic adventure!

Bonus points if you impersonate (and act out) someone different from yourself ([color=darkblue]+20 points[/color]) or transform into someone else ([color=darkblue]+15 pts[/color]) (it can be as simple as a clothes change).
You can create other stories after the first one, however only the sequences bonus will apply (the one requiring a beginning, etc.) and it will award [color=darkblue]15 points[/color] per part for the second go, and [color=darkblue]10[/color] for all the next ones.

Example story:

Good luck to all of you :happy:

Tip of the day:

Current task score:

1. Cave of Mind | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  2. Colors | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  3. danielns13 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  4. GHOSTIE11 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  5. idaln09 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  6. JazzleDazzle | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  7. Leeh | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  8. littlenemo | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  9. Magnus | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  10. mattias | [color=#e4ecee]100[/color] |
  11. Omnisomnia | [color=#e4ecee]140[/color] |
  12. Presence of Light | |
  13. Puce | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  14. Rare | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  15. Rhewin | [color=#e4ecee]250[/color] |
  16. Siiw | [color=#e4ecee]110[/color] |
  17. Solaris | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  18. Vampirism45 | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |
  19. Wyvern | [color=#e4ecee]200[/color] |
  20. Ysim | [color=#e4ecee]0[/color] |

I think this is the perfect task for me, since I like storys and I have had similar dreams, but not so many dreams with a narrator but, I’m looking forward to having one with a narrator.

This is gonna be interesting :cool:

hm…so we hear the voice of a narrator as we have a lucid dream ?

Brilliance!

It doesn’t have to be lucid, but the necessity of a narrator will ensure you are motivated enough for it to appear (or for you to tell the story), and the dream to count.
But essentially yes, the narration must be there for the duration of the story, but it’s fine if more narrators alternate, (only the highest score one will count anyway).

i’m not sure I ever experienced this…you really mean that as I am having adventures, it’s like when I hear an audiobook and the voice describes what happens ? :o

edit: do we have to put here what main quest we want to achieve ? I always think that with general topic like this one it might be best to first come with at least a vague idea of adventure or place you want to visit…then of course what’s important is the narration not the place, if you live it in another one that the one you told us about on this forum. I don’t know what do you think ?

This is a first for me, so I’m really excited to and have ideas I would have never thought about on my own ^^ I’ll begin with the simplest quest since I never experienced the narration stuff : I’ll be a knight (so I have to change sex) and I’ll listen to the narrator to tell me where I can find a dragon and beat him. Then the treasure if I win will be a surprise, I’ll let my SC do the rest :tongue:

Does this fit the task ?

Yeah, pretty much. Of course, if you feel it as a hindrance, feel free to narrate only the highlights of your story, but it probably won’t be as epic that way :tongue:

EDIT:

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of using whatever you find yourself into (in the dream) to begin a story based (eventually loosely) on that: that would probably make a easier time.
But sure, you’re completely free to build up a story by daytime and recreate it in the dream :content:

Can we do one story across several nights in this task, or just one story per night?

Furthermore, are there any chain bonuses?

Oh that’s so cool!!! I want to become Lara croft(from tomb raider) and fight!!!

Different dreams count for different attempts, and thus are not cumulative.
Chains, and lucidity regains, however, count as one single dream, and as such, one continued task, where other stories will add points to the score. (Be warned, however, stories beside the first will award less points)

This is going to be so much fun. :happy:

ok thanks for the details, so you want us to improvise right :smile: I’ll do my best to make the impersonate voice be there to narrate, what a fun idea ^^ But I’ll keep the dragon fighting in mind :tongue:

Awesome task :content: And I can see that narrating what’s going one could really increase, or at least maintain, lucidity! :happy:

This is going to be fucking epic!
Too bad I can’t be the villain. :razz:

You have no idea how much this fits with my eccentric dream personality. I’m going to be so creative with this. :cool:

I’ve completed the first task. It’s right here in my Dream Journal. The lucid part lasted about 2 minutes. (Do I still get points for completing the task even though I finished it late?)
Also, the second challenge sounds awesome. I’ve had several NDs in which I had been a part of a story, so doing this in an LD shouldn’t be too hard. :grin:

You can always make the story of a supervillain, with some filthy heroes invading your dungeon. :cool_raz:

Vampirism, of course you can complete tasks after I release come other! You only don’t get the early bonus for doing so, but you can always get it all the same with combos (go have a read in the first post for that)
Besides, | [color=#e4ecee]40 LD + (30+10) task + 30 lucid task = 110 points![/color] |, enjoy ^^

I haven’t LDed today…although I felt I would…
nevermind almost it’s an holiday so I’ll have plenty of time!

Got an LD today

I think I was in some sort of a room , only me there and all of a sudden I knew I was dreaming. I was barefoot, I tried to fly but it didn’t work, I could sense me waking up, so I let myself do that but then I was still so I could fall asleep and continue with the lucid dream, I don’t remember much more though.

Time: less than 4 mins but longer than 10 secs.
1-2 mins perhaps.

This is a real challenge to me but I think it’s also inspiring ^^

I have a very short LD, melt with doubt ! I wanted to enter the LD but SP was not complete, so even if I was lucid I had some problems moving since I could feel my real body as well. Anyway:

I am at the top of a building and I am not myself, I am Ironman / Robert Downey Junior, I want to fight in the city but I have problems to walk since I can feel my body in real life.

Yeah that’s it, I woke up when I tried to move my arms to fight ! But I was in another one’s body so it will inspire for next LDs. I also had a very low vivid pre-lucid dream where I was the guy in Flinstones, again at the top of a skycraper and I think about gaining the special feeling of being lucid, but again I am tense and I am not completely dreaming, I can feel a bit my real body. I jump from the top of the building and make a parachute with a textile bag…haha

I put these here since I had decided to change sex for this task.