Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VII

Ok, I don’t see a problem, then. :slight_smile: everybody has someone who makes them a bit uncomfortable. :slight_smile:

Hmm… i kind of have an idea of what i want Ian to look like. when i think of fog, i automatically thing dull colors like black, white, and grey. thats basically all his colors right there :razz: he’s gonna have black hair and im deciding between blue or grey eyes. i love both! He’s going to be tall, about 6’ 4" im thinking. almost a foot taller than myself :happy: I really really didnt want to have a human character so im kind of adding little things to him and slowly making him less human. He’ll have a fox tail that’s grey with a white tip and when he gets excited it’ll whip around like crazy, taking out anyone or anything in its path xD I also exchanged normal human ears for cat-like hears which im kind of deciding on placement. he’s also going to have rosey cheeks which i think looks super cute :cheesy:! unfortunately i have absolutely no drawing tallent whatsoever :meh: it would really help if i could draw him! D:

Yeah, I can’t draw either, but just as long as you can visualize him good that’s all that matters. :smile:

Also, it sounds like you’re making some good progress with forming him, though I’ve always instantly had an idea of what they look like. (Well, actually they’ve almost always been spontaneously generated with me.)

Also, I decided to get back in touch with my first character, Kiba. My family was out for St Patrick’s Day, and I ‘projected’ him standing in front of me so I’d at least have someone to imagine looking at and talking to while we waited for a seat, but people kept walking through the spot where he was standing, and he was getting angry at all the ‘inconsiderate jerks’ who were walking through him. XD

I’ve been a little inactive, so I’ve got to record the 5 LDs I had - 2 of them were CALD.

Last night was an achievement for me - I told my characters to make me lucid - either to appear and force me to RC, or to make something strange happen that made me lucid. The second option occured, but it turned out to be a scary situation. At that point I became lucid and managed to drive the fear away and managed to have a 5-10 minute LD. No characters, but hey, I managed to combat a nightmare for the first time!

This experience has made me thought more about my characters, and will talk to them slightly more than I do at the moment.

maroonjaguar: Hey, it sounds like you’ve got a fairly well-formed image of him, sorry for the late reply ^^; Have you come to a final image of him in this time? If you’d like, I’d be happy to draw something for you, though in the end it would be how you visualize him that matters, and my interpretation would mean little. C:

wolvendeer: I’ve done that once or twice, projecting a character forward for conversation C: . It worked pretty well, and helped me visualize the character, conversation went more smoothly and without distraction of thought. Did you experience this? Sounds like you and Kiba had a good time C:

Teraflare8866: Congrats on the LDs! I like combatting nightmares and confronting waking life fears in lucid dreams. C: How did that lucid dream make you think more of your characters? Was it just that the induction brought your attention back to them?

I haven’t really had time at all this weekend to think about Ian hahah but im gonna start as soon as i get my homework done :happy: I would love for you to draw him! If its not too much to ask. It would be really good to see someone elses perspective of him!!

maroonjaguar: Great C: When you find the time, can you send me a more detailed description? I’ll try to draw him well for you C:

We had a pretty decent conversation. Also, he’s quite the character ( :lol: ), so it was quite easy to keep myself entertained in conversation with him. I of course had to stand away from the crowds so that he wouldn’t get trampled and go off on rather colorful rants. :lol:

Nice, Wolven :razz: Is he very much like the Kiba from Naruto?

He’s a lot like him, but a bit less brash and a bit more mouthy than I recall Kiba being.

I’m making slow progress with Zack, I keep meaning to develop him, but I am just a bit busy thoughtwise.

Yup. I felt as if my characters wanted to help me out, so I want to communicate with them more which might produce more LDs, and it will be fun going on adventures with them.

I’ll try to get in a deep hypnagogic state again so I can hear my characters talk. Happened to me again for a few nights ago, but the instant I remembered my characters (I was just daydreaming casually) I snapped out of the ‘trance’ and exited the hypnagogic state :sad:

Yo people!It’s been sooo long since I patron this thread T_T Sorry~ School is really killing me!

I’m not sure if I posted this but a few weeks ago I dreamt of Thunzar again. It was only a brief dream before I woke up for school T_T

We’re standing on a ship and he was holding on to the railing slightly leaning forward casually looking out at the blue sea. You shoud see how dazzling he look with his nice black spiky-ish hair flowing lightly and he was wearing the clothes I got for him (literally… I went “dream shopping” instead of talking to them ^ ^""). Once again, he noticed me, turned and gave me a super dazzling smile showing his pearly white teeth. He’s eyes were sorta reflecting the sunlight causing his emerald eyes to look super bright :happy: He was even wearing the necklace (nice bling bling ‘Thunzar’ ) I got for him ^^

Whats with Thunzar always smiling so dazzlingly… I stoned there for a few seconds and before I reacted, I was woken up by my alarm clock :cry:

Hurray! In exactly a months time (April 24) is going to be Thunzar’s birthday and then the next month, will be Desmond’s~ I remember them debating whose birthday comes first since I literally forgot their real day of creation T_T and Thunzar insisted he gets April 24 instead of May XD Desmond, as usual, is easy going so he agreed to have his a month later :content:

It’s always nice to hear of dreams you have with Thunzar; they’re very nice. You’re also lucky you remember you’re characters’ birthdays. I don’t remember any of them, except for one that was so odd I emailed my dad about it. Did you post the dream in the CALD DJ yet?

I would say at this point the Third Doctor is about 70-80% percent complete and independent, though he is still getting his bearings on the world. A little more tweaking and I should have him finished. Things between him in the Second are a bit rough, but if anything I find it a tad amusing. Luckily they tend to avoid each other unless I specifically want both of them, so I don’t have to do a lot of peace keeping.

On another topic, I was wondering if anyone else has ever run into an issue where they keep finding fakes of their characters during their dreams. The Second Doctor and I run into fakes of him and even the TARDIS all the time. A bit weird, no?

I’ve actually had two such experiences. The first, during an actual dream, was with me traveling with Crystal, and we get separated. I start looking for her and come across a town full of people that look either exactly like her or almost like her, with small differences between each of them. It was rather odd, and I wasn’t happy at all that this was keeping me from finding her again.

The second time was while I was meditating. I decided to meditate on a recurring DC. I arrive at an apartment room floating in a black space, and go in. […] We jump into a picture of a large tree and explore the tree […] All of a sudden all of these copies of us come and start flooding everywhere, trying to separate us and keep us lost from each other. They each were trying to get me to take them back to her pad (and by extension my mind space, I assume). Eventually I summoned a hawk that another character and I created to help me find the real her.

So, yes, I’ve had a few experiences with something like that happening. They aren’t always too fun, and in fact can be downright annoying given the right (or wrong) circumstances. Now, I did have another experience where I ended up meeting another character that I thought was a body-double of Crystal. She’s pretty cool, though, and still occasionally hangs around.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that a lot of these copies actually try to pass themselves off as The Doctor. I wonder what part of our mind generates these things, and furthermore why. I should ask one of the copies some time :tongue:

Copies of characters, huh? I think I might have had one of those experiences during my adventures once. Can’t quite remember it though.

I’m still having some trouble with the problem I had earlier - an object falls out of the sky and blocks my view. My character tried to catch it but he keeps dropping the object and it still lands on my head. If I don’t think about it (which happens) then it’s all fine, but if I do it is virtually impossible for me to stop thinking about it.

Ah, already on to part VII.

So I was talking to The Doctor and I began to wonder what he did whenever I wasn’t busy talking to him. He replied that he does what he has always done; exploring all of time and space. Basically, he said he explores within my own imagined/dreamed universe.

I found this interesting myself, and I was wondering what you all had to say about it. No, better yet, I wonder what your characters would have to say about it.

Woo a new part already! :smile:

I wonder what your Doctor has to say about the changing laws of physics within your own imagination. I can imagine that in a dreamscape with zero limits, a TARDIS would be either extremely powerful, or completely obsolete. What’s his thoughts on that?