Fear of heights do me a favor

Why is it that when Im LDing, or APing, and Im really high up Im still scared of height I know its not real, and I shouldnt be scared but I am. I guess thats just how real dreams can be. Would you have the corage to free fall in a LD. I want to try it, but Im to scared. You have to admit that it is a great way of getting over your fears. Maybie if I could get a DC to fall with me I could do it. Ill ask next time Im lucid that would be an entersting expirament even a LD quest. Lets try it. Fly up really high, and fall all the way to the ground, and let me know what happens. If you try it first I will, but be one that has a fear of high places.

I know what you mean. I’m not particularly afraid of heights IWL, but once in a LD I ran to the window intending to jump out (12th floor). When I got up on the window it looked a lot higher and I just felt that pit in my stomache. I thought “woah woah, easy there” and sat down :lol:

It’s easy if the dream isn’t really vivid. If it’s vivid the fear is also vivid and the only way to beat that fear is if the lucidity is even higher and you are able to make the statmente “this IS a dream” louder than any other.

Many times in dreams when I have the chance I try to leap great heights, just to face this fear and the stupid feeling I get in the stomache :tongue:

you would have to think about heights in a way that is positive

it is fun to be so high in a lucid dream, i like it very much, it is exhilarating, now i can have fun

In regard to a positive way of looking at heights, as Presence of Light said, I’ll add something cool I saw… somewhere on the internet. A guy told his little brother “Watch out, the higher you climb, the higher the fall” and the kid answered “No, the higher you fall the higher you bounce!” :happy:

Perhaps thinking about the bounce will help. :content:

maybe if you have any fear of heights at all even a doubt it is magnified in dreams? just a thought

Maybie I should try that. Ill try it, but its easier said then done. When I do get up there, and look down its going to be hard. I would really love to just free fall, but Im telling you when Im up there its damn scary even in a dream. I know Im safe in my bed, but…

Let someone push you.

It’s always easier.
When I want to do something, but I am afraid, I always tell someone to push me or something similar.

For example, when I was younger…let say a had a big bandage and I didn’t want to pull it off because it would hurt.

Then I just told my brother to quickly pull it off before I change my mind.
There are many examples, it always works.

So, ask your DC to push you, that’s my advice.