Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VII

Copies of characters, huh? I think I might have had one of those experiences during my adventures once. Can’t quite remember it though.

I’m still having some trouble with the problem I had earlier - an object falls out of the sky and blocks my view. My character tried to catch it but he keeps dropping the object and it still lands on my head. If I don’t think about it (which happens) then it’s all fine, but if I do it is virtually impossible for me to stop thinking about it.

Ah, already on to part VII.

So I was talking to The Doctor and I began to wonder what he did whenever I wasn’t busy talking to him. He replied that he does what he has always done; exploring all of time and space. Basically, he said he explores within my own imagined/dreamed universe.

I found this interesting myself, and I was wondering what you all had to say about it. No, better yet, I wonder what your characters would have to say about it.

Woo a new part already! :smile:

I wonder what your Doctor has to say about the changing laws of physics within your own imagination. I can imagine that in a dreamscape with zero limits, a TARDIS would be either extremely powerful, or completely obsolete. What’s his thoughts on that?

I went ahead and asked The Doctor about the TARDIS, he maintains that it is just as powerful as in “real” life. He pointed out it is still the way he has to get around the dreamscape, even if I can do otherwise. Also, he mentioned that it has the capabilities of helping me channel some of my lucid abilities, such as teleportation, and I’ve noticed this as well.

I also admit that I have found it is a nice sanctuary in the middle of otherwise hectic dreams. I guess I would agree with him that it continues to be extremely powerful in my dreams.

My characters aren’t in a good mood with me at the moment. An evil tyrant approached me in one of my futuristic mind cities, and blackmailed me. He ended up destroying my little world of Eternos (and everyone living on it, but the tyrant exiled us), and forced me and my characters to settle on another inhabited planet. My characters believe it’s my fault, and hate me for it. I’ve tried talking to them but they won’t forgive me for it. I’ve tried telling them it wasn’t my fault, but they still won’t listen. Probably something I can sort tonight.

I’m in the middle of a dry spell at the moment. I also keep forgetting to try CALD, but I will tonight :happy:

Aww, that’s too bad. I’ve never really had any of my characters terribly mad at me, and I’ve always had at least two that would stick by me through everything. I don’t know what I would do if all of my characters were suddenly mad at me and wouldn’t speak to me. I hope you get everything worked out.

Ha copies…I keep running into copies of Fujimoto in my LDs ! But I noticed that when it’s the real one, it always goes in the same process: I am waiting for him, notice a flash of orange hair, and he often appears behind a crowd, walking out of it, and then I follow him ^^ But it has just happened twice I think. Most of the time I am looking for him, and when I run behind him, I always encounter fakes…ha this is so depressing ^^

A lot of time, what works best is summon him. Say his name. And be still. Ha if any of you have the courage to read my last DJ entry, and have some ideas to share, how can I stop wandering in my dreams, what idea I should hang on to, to stop encountering those fake Fujimotos ^^
I know the answer is stop looking for him, just stop, stay still, and he’ll be there. Then you can talk to him, if you stay calm.

Ha ! I found it by myself!! Coming here, and writing…is a therapy !! :woo:

This has been quite interesting conversation! I’ve never had problems with duplicates, myself. But I have seen my characters in strange forms ^^; .

I’m hoping everyone here has had good progress since the time they’ve posted! At the rate everyone was progressing before, I’m sure there are some interesting stories to share now C: .

I’m hoping everyone has been having lovely lucids!

Did anybody end up fixing problems they were encountering, or have anything fun to share? C:

~Tal

I fixed my problem - me and my characters became friends again. I’m planning on taking them to a new planet that I’ve never seen before and neither have they). When I do reach the planet, I will have trouble thinking what type of terrains and what locations I should visit. I plan to go on a huge journey across the planet. Any ideas for locations?

Managed to have 1 LD last week - it was short but a LD is a LD, I guess :smile:

I don’t get it. I did everything I planned to do to meet my character while lucid, but he appeared like he doesn’t know me well, and then when I turned he was someone else, and did not look like the original one.
Also I keep meeting copies !!! That’s so frustrating ^^

If you want to meet a character in a dream, and live an adventure, do you act like you already know them, and you just summon them ?
Because I wanted to create a story in my different LDs, so that the first one I had to do was introducing myself to this character, and then make him say we were friends.

But so far each time I failed, because he was either running from me, then he was there, but suddenly that was someone else in his place…
So…should I just give up on building a story where we first meet and then slowly create a strong bond together ? SHould I just act like we know each other from the beginning and summon him ?
I wanted to let a place so that I don’t feel totally in control of the situation, but so far it meant that I was left without creating bonds with this character ! So that’s not satisfying. Well, right now I will set up other quests for my LDs, but I want to go back to that character in the future…

Teraflare8866: That’s great to hear C:. But why did you let that other character take over anyways…? You are the one in control! Next time, if something like this happens again, exercise your power as the character creator and purge those sorts of characters out of your head-- They should never have such sway over you and or anything else you say they can’t touch. Remember that, ok? C:

Colors: Have you made sure you set an intention to meet, and have an adventure with this character? Maybe you’re just focussing on meeting him. Usually, when these sorts of journeys happen, they will do so on their own (for example, I wanted to see my characters, and nothing else-- we ended up battling monsters). If you want to go on an adventure, at least make sure you set the intention to do so when you can.

When you do reality checks, do you follow up with what you would do if you were lucid afterwards? Here’s how I do it:

1. I remember to do a reality check

2. I plug my nose, and try to breathe–
    - If I can’t breathe through my nose, I move on to step 3.
    - If I can breathe through my nose, I’m lucid! But I’ll check again with step 3 anyways.

3. I read some text (or the time), look away, and back again.
    - If the text (or the time) is the same, I move on to step 4.
    - If the text (or the time) is garbled, moving, different, or anything strange, I’m lucid!

4. I have determined I am not dreaming, so I think " I am not dreaming, but if I were lucid I would…"
    - Now I would imagine what I would do.

For you, you may want to go through a small scenario where you meet your character, and start your journey-- Then, you can set your intention that your adventure will end with your character there, or only when the dream ends, or whatever suits you C:. You could also do this before bed to really get it ingrained that this will happen.

You don’t have to give up on getting to know him in a dream-- you just need to work hard to make it happen! People still have a hard time even if they have developed and become very familiar with their character IRL, because in dreams, our characters are sometimes very unlike their IRL counterparts. It’s all really up to you, and you can do it C: .

~Tal

I’m having problems trying to get Crystal to show up. Can someone help me out with some advice?

Over the years, I’ve tried:
*Turning around, expecting her to be there.
*Calling out to her (she later said she couldn’t hear me).
*Looking for her.
*Closing my eyes, expecting her to be there when I opened them.
*Closing my eyes and kissing a random DC, trying to transform them into her.

None of these have worked. I would try a suggestion Crystal gave me (completely tear down the dream world until there is only blackness and then try to summon her), but I’ve not been able to get lucid in order to try it. I had a brief bit of lucidity last night (and tried the last item on the list), but I didn’t think to try what she’d said.

Ah, Wolven-- Personally, what I have tried (and has worked):

• Transforming another DC into two different characters by pulling her apart-- The two halves morphed into the characters.

I haven’t tried closing my eyes and changing a DC… Are you remembering to decide that Crystal will be there, before bed and throughout the day? If you intend for her to be in your dreams, and give it sufficient thought and effort throughout the day, she will make appearances in regular dreams, and then more easily in lucids-- I would expect, anyways…

Have you tried going to a new area, and expecting her to be there?

I’m having trouble intending my character into my dreams, I think it’s because of my head telling me it might not work.

Sometimes I want to make things interesting by thinking up several problems, and in the end me and my characters solve it (like a story). But sure, if anything happens again, I’ll be sure to adjust if things get out of hand. :smile:

Can I combine this with MILD, for example my mantra would be "My (character name) will help me realise i’m dreaming?

Absolutely. CALD can be combined with any other technique as long as you and your character can come up with it and are all right with it.

Talon: I occasionally decide to do that, but it’s hard to remember to remind myself/decide throughout the day that she’ll be there in my dreams. I’ll try your suggestions, though, and see how they work.

Sentis: I’m sorry I couldn’t have gotten to you sooner-- Yes, Wolvendeer is right, CALD is combinable with most every technique. CALD is useful as an assisting tech in combination with others. Actually-- CALD was initially a replacement in my schedule for MILD, as I would speak with my characters to set the intention of lucid dreaming, rather than repeating a mantra to myself C: Best of luck!

Teraflare8866: Cool C: Well, I can sympathize-- Life needs a little bit of spice, sometimes ^^ As long as you’re in control of the situation, I’m sure it’s just great fun C:

Wolvendeer: Ah, I see… C: Well, best of luck, Wolven! Please update us as to how you’re doing C:

Yes Talon I had already set up the whole scenario for several weeks now, I know by heart what should have happened, yet it did not, and all was mixed too much with other worries I have IRL (having an interview for work). I will try something else, since it’s a cartoon character, I’ll have to enter the movie where he belongs, I hope that like this will stop the copies to come and I’ll have to turn into an anime character, which can also be fun ^^

Yep, I’ll always be in control of the situation :smile:

I’m going to talk to my characters a lot over the next few days. Before I talk to them, I want to think of a really interesting environment to go with them. I want to plan it out because sometimes I find it hard to think up a nice location, and when I’m in one of my scenarios I find it hard to visualise. First, I’m going to practice my visualisation, and I’ll try to get into a hypnagogic state so I can see/hear my characters.

Might try a VILD and CALD hybrid again. Haven’t tried that in a while.
Some of my characters ‘take breaks’ so I create new ones. It’s an interesting experience, but I visit my other characters occasionally to check on them.