Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VII

I’m having trouble intending my character into my dreams, I think it’s because of my head telling me it might not work.

Sometimes I want to make things interesting by thinking up several problems, and in the end me and my characters solve it (like a story). But sure, if anything happens again, I’ll be sure to adjust if things get out of hand. :smile:

Can I combine this with MILD, for example my mantra would be "My (character name) will help me realise i’m dreaming?

Absolutely. CALD can be combined with any other technique as long as you and your character can come up with it and are all right with it.

Talon: I occasionally decide to do that, but it’s hard to remember to remind myself/decide throughout the day that she’ll be there in my dreams. I’ll try your suggestions, though, and see how they work.

Sentis: I’m sorry I couldn’t have gotten to you sooner-- Yes, Wolvendeer is right, CALD is combinable with most every technique. CALD is useful as an assisting tech in combination with others. Actually-- CALD was initially a replacement in my schedule for MILD, as I would speak with my characters to set the intention of lucid dreaming, rather than repeating a mantra to myself C: Best of luck!

Teraflare8866: Cool C: Well, I can sympathize-- Life needs a little bit of spice, sometimes ^^ As long as you’re in control of the situation, I’m sure it’s just great fun C:

Wolvendeer: Ah, I see… C: Well, best of luck, Wolven! Please update us as to how you’re doing C:

Yes Talon I had already set up the whole scenario for several weeks now, I know by heart what should have happened, yet it did not, and all was mixed too much with other worries I have IRL (having an interview for work). I will try something else, since it’s a cartoon character, I’ll have to enter the movie where he belongs, I hope that like this will stop the copies to come and I’ll have to turn into an anime character, which can also be fun ^^

Yep, I’ll always be in control of the situation :smile:

I’m going to talk to my characters a lot over the next few days. Before I talk to them, I want to think of a really interesting environment to go with them. I want to plan it out because sometimes I find it hard to think up a nice location, and when I’m in one of my scenarios I find it hard to visualise. First, I’m going to practice my visualisation, and I’ll try to get into a hypnagogic state so I can see/hear my characters.

Might try a VILD and CALD hybrid again. Haven’t tried that in a while.
Some of my characters ‘take breaks’ so I create new ones. It’s an interesting experience, but I visit my other characters occasionally to check on them.

lucid crossroads.

Or Astral Pulse Island, I suppose, if you want to go for that type of place. If you don’t, there are multitudes of interesting places on and off of earth to choose from. :smile:

Interesting ideas. I’ve heard of both locations, but I’ll have to read more about them so I can become familiar with the surroudings (that’s what I struggle with when I try to think up environments - I never get used to the surroundings).

Thanks for the ideas.

Wow, I seriously love how CALD is still flourishing. :happy:

I’ve had Bobby, Jack and End in my head for a while. They’re mostly quiet, but I can feel them there. The quietness is mostly due to the pathetic fact that I can’t keep my focus on anything for crap.

But I’m gonna try and meet them tonight. Or just talk. Anything, really, since we haven’t talked in a while.

Now I need to read what I’ve missed of the past CALD topic, when I DON’T have homework or other threatening to end my life. -runs-

Yeah, I know what you mean there. I’ve had times when I could feel Crystal’s presence for extended periods of time as well as if she was actually beside me.

I’ve noticed that problem with me as well. I’ve tried exercises to build my ability to focus, though they are going slowly. :meh:

:ok:

Bleh. I was so tired last night that I told B/J/E that I didn’t feel like talking and went straight to bed. Then this morning I kept phasing in and out of dream/reality and I couldn’t tell which was which.

So I just slept and ignored everything. Although I swear once I saw either Bobby or Jack in human form in one of the short dreams.

But I’m definitely doing CALD tonight. I feel confident.

And I will definitely be hearing some Bobby monologue tomorrow in History. He hasn’t had a chance to properly insult my sadistic teacher yet, and I want to hear what he has to say.

To all: ^^; Terribly sorry for the late reply! It’s quite rude of me, and I have no excuse. I again hope that everyone has had some good experiences since they last posted!

Colors: Hey! C: It’s good you have the scenario thought out-- But perhaps it may not go quite exactly as planned, but that just makes it more fun C: . Did you end up successfully making contact?

Teraflare8866: I find it exciting that you can more vividly experience your characters in a hypnagogic state C: I haven’t had that benefit :stuck_out_tongue: . How has character interaction been going? Have you gotten back into your LDing streak?

Crooked: Hey! ^^ It’s great to see you back, I’ve been wondering where you’ve been! How have the boys been? I’ve been curious! C:

Character interaction has been going well for me, been talking to my characters as usual. As for LDs, I’m not in a dry spell but I’m not in a hotspot. When I become lucid, I seem to have extreme trouble staying in the dream. I’ve tried all forms of stabilisation techniques, I’ve even stayed calm but no matter what the dream is extremely blurry.

Yet another beneficial side effect. The other day I woke up for a WBTB session and could only hazily remember my previous dream. I normally just lay still and try to think of it, but this time I decided to ask The Doctor (Second) for help. With his help I could remember almost the entire thing. I tried again last night and it worked just as well again.

I am currently thinking up a dream character…Going by my minds eye and all that. Got good on how she looks…Not bad on how she acts…Sorry if i missed it (which i probably did) but how would i incorperate her into my dreams?

Has any of you ever really wanted to meet up with a character, but while lucid you found yourself too shy to go talk to him/her, in fear of being rejected ?

Damn that just happened to me last night ! I though I was confident and had stated clearly in my DJ what I wanted to do, but in the end my lack of confidence brings me in situation where other girls want to meet this character, and I think “if I go there as well, I’ll look like a fool”.

Hum…I should state in my DJ that I should remind me that I have full control in my dream and that things will just go well if I want to, lol ^^

Finally made it to 50 Lucids!

I’ve been talking to my characters. I tried to summon one of them in a dream but failed, unfortunately. Perhaps talking to them some more might help.
I’ll visit some interesting locations tonight (still need to visit Lucid Crossroads and Astral Pulse Island) with my characters.

My dreams are becoming more stable, but are becoming slightly odd…and related. Related in the sense that they contain elements from an activity that I did quite a lot the previous day, and the dream the night after seems to be very slightly linked. Meaning, that if I talk to my characters it will carry over to the dream…I hope?

This is a neat idea, and actually one I’ve considered myself before, but I’ve never had the presence of mind in a LD to work out the agreement with the character I want to help me.

For the record, I have (from what I remember) three characters who have shown up multiple times, at least once in a LD:

Propellor (yes, that’s what he told me his name was, and that’s how it’s spelled), who first appeared as a strangely authoritative figure in a ND. I think I encountered him briefly in a few other NDs, and once in a LD, though that was largely unproductive.

The anthropomorphic personification of Death, who originally showed up to give me a message in a ND and has since appeared several times when it’s implied that I’ve died in a dream. He’s the only character who’s actually brought me to lucidity, though this was simply by appearing out of his usual context, thus making me suspicious of the situation.

Cell, who is the only one I “made” consciously, but who has developed into his own character over the course of several dreams (his personality is basically the same as how I imagined it, but for some reason when his hair started growing it grew in white and has stayed that way). Cell only appears in LDs, but is often hard to find, and other DCs don’t seem to know who he is when I ask. It’s Cell that I wanted to ask to make me lucid, but every time I find him I get distracted and forget.

So there you go. Maybe this will help me remember enough to actually ask him, so I’ll be back here if I make any progress!