Anime/Manga-fans here?

Wow, this looks interesting, I don’t know this anime. Seems to be cool. :content:

Anime-movie recommendation from me:

Paprika (2006)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NclRSeV4pBA

It was like a modern Alice-movie for me. There were certain points where I thought: “Wow this is weird, like in a dream.” (I did a RC xD)

I think this sums it up well:
Rob Nelson of The Village Voice suggested that Paprika “isn’t a movie that’s meant to be understood so much as simply experienced - or maybe dreamed.”

5/5 stars from me and a recommendation to every dreamer here. You should definitely watch it. :thumbs:

naruto , OHSHC, Haruhi Suzumiya, and inuyasha fan.

This will increase your manlyness 120%

PAPRIKA! Now THAT was a good movie!

awww yus.

On topic: Ponyo. Anyone see it? Surprisingly good in English. Liam Neeson steals the show in the best way. He is SUCH a weirdo.

Wolf’s Rain.
Kino’s Journey.
12 Kingdoms.
Escaflowne.
Ouran High School Host Club.
In that order. :grin:

Yes. :bow:

<my bad can’t post links, right? or would it be okay to post a link to my MAL profile?>

I’m pretty varied in the types of animes I like to watch, it definitely shows from my top ten. (a romance/comedy/drama and then 2 action/suspense after that? Hah.)

#1. Clannad
#2. Kaiji
#3. Kara no Kyoukai
#4. Welcome to the N.H.K.
#5. Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
#6. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
#7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
#8. Mushi-Shi
#9. Serial Experiments Lain
#10. Desert Punk

That top ten is pretty outdated, but there’s really nothing that has made me as emotional as Clannad. (and then After Story, but I don’t rank it as high as the original because of less Fuko :neutral: )

anyone who says Code Geass should be permabanned.

Discuss.

If it’s got Gurren Lagann, it isn’t that old.

As for NHK, i’m in the middle of the manga right now. It’s… good. hard to get into.

Lain i haven’t watched yet. Don’t really have interest

6… i couldn’t get into. I sort of want to but… ehhhhhhh. It’s just bogus. ugh.

Anyway, pretty good list overall, i’d say.

Except: no Azumanga :grrr:

My top 5 favorite anime are:
Clannad
Elfen Lied
Chobits
Trigun

Code Geass :tongue:

Haha. Azumanga used to be in the top 5, but I watched it so long ago that the fresher anime tend to leave a bigger impact on me. Also it’s old because my favorites change constantly. There are a lot of anime that I REALLY love (such as Azumanga, or Darker than Black, or even Kino’s Journey) but I can’t fit it all, so I usually keep my newer favorites instead of my older ones. Out with the old and in with the new, even though I love all of them. :happy:

Howwwabout:
-Bleach
-Gunslinger Girl
-Kinos journey
-flcl
-.hack//sign
-paprika
-tekkinkinkreet

i enjoy this list, especially GSG. Don’t like Bleach though.

my favourite this far are
Inuyasha
Naruto
Bleach
Ghost Hound
:shy:

note to self:deffinitelly need to see paprika :aww:

[color=darkred]What dont you guys like about bleach?
I mean, sure 50% of it is filler, but if you just watch the actual storyline
episodes I think its pretty fantastic.[/color]

Do you read the manga?

The last chapter ruined it for me (Where Aizen explains everything)! :grrr:

Here here I’m a fan too!
My all time favorites mangas are:
Soul Eater
Naruto
Elfen Lied
:grin:

Cowboy Bebop;
The Rose of Versailles;
One Piece;
In Prison;
Dragon Ball (but not Z, much less GT);
Homunculus;
Anything by Hideshi Hino or Suehiro Maruo.

Ever watch Hand Maid May? It’s Chobits before Chobits was around at a bit more light-hearted (yes, it’s possible). Quite probably my favorite harem anime short of Tenchi (which should be everyone’s auto-favorite)

I thought it was decent :tongue:
Of course it was one of the first anime I watched from start to finish…however looking back, the Knightmares started to get a little ridiculous in R2.

Anyhow, if I had to pick a top few: Fullmetal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood, though I think I prefer the latter), Goldenboy and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I’m always looking for something new to watch…this list will probably be different in six months.