Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VII

Or Astral Pulse Island, I suppose, if you want to go for that type of place. If you don’t, there are multitudes of interesting places on and off of earth to choose from. :smile:

Interesting ideas. I’ve heard of both locations, but I’ll have to read more about them so I can become familiar with the surroudings (that’s what I struggle with when I try to think up environments - I never get used to the surroundings).

Thanks for the ideas.

Wow, I seriously love how CALD is still flourishing. :happy:

I’ve had Bobby, Jack and End in my head for a while. They’re mostly quiet, but I can feel them there. The quietness is mostly due to the pathetic fact that I can’t keep my focus on anything for crap.

But I’m gonna try and meet them tonight. Or just talk. Anything, really, since we haven’t talked in a while.

Now I need to read what I’ve missed of the past CALD topic, when I DON’T have homework or other threatening to end my life. -runs-

Yeah, I know what you mean there. I’ve had times when I could feel Crystal’s presence for extended periods of time as well as if she was actually beside me.

I’ve noticed that problem with me as well. I’ve tried exercises to build my ability to focus, though they are going slowly. :meh:

:ok:

Bleh. I was so tired last night that I told B/J/E that I didn’t feel like talking and went straight to bed. Then this morning I kept phasing in and out of dream/reality and I couldn’t tell which was which.

So I just slept and ignored everything. Although I swear once I saw either Bobby or Jack in human form in one of the short dreams.

But I’m definitely doing CALD tonight. I feel confident.

And I will definitely be hearing some Bobby monologue tomorrow in History. He hasn’t had a chance to properly insult my sadistic teacher yet, and I want to hear what he has to say.

To all: ^^; Terribly sorry for the late reply! It’s quite rude of me, and I have no excuse. I again hope that everyone has had some good experiences since they last posted!

Colors: Hey! C: It’s good you have the scenario thought out-- But perhaps it may not go quite exactly as planned, but that just makes it more fun C: . Did you end up successfully making contact?

Teraflare8866: I find it exciting that you can more vividly experience your characters in a hypnagogic state C: I haven’t had that benefit :stuck_out_tongue: . How has character interaction been going? Have you gotten back into your LDing streak?

Crooked: Hey! ^^ It’s great to see you back, I’ve been wondering where you’ve been! How have the boys been? I’ve been curious! C:

Character interaction has been going well for me, been talking to my characters as usual. As for LDs, I’m not in a dry spell but I’m not in a hotspot. When I become lucid, I seem to have extreme trouble staying in the dream. I’ve tried all forms of stabilisation techniques, I’ve even stayed calm but no matter what the dream is extremely blurry.

Yet another beneficial side effect. The other day I woke up for a WBTB session and could only hazily remember my previous dream. I normally just lay still and try to think of it, but this time I decided to ask The Doctor (Second) for help. With his help I could remember almost the entire thing. I tried again last night and it worked just as well again.

I am currently thinking up a dream character…Going by my minds eye and all that. Got good on how she looks…Not bad on how she acts…Sorry if i missed it (which i probably did) but how would i incorperate her into my dreams?

Has any of you ever really wanted to meet up with a character, but while lucid you found yourself too shy to go talk to him/her, in fear of being rejected ?

Damn that just happened to me last night ! I though I was confident and had stated clearly in my DJ what I wanted to do, but in the end my lack of confidence brings me in situation where other girls want to meet this character, and I think “if I go there as well, I’ll look like a fool”.

Hum…I should state in my DJ that I should remind me that I have full control in my dream and that things will just go well if I want to, lol ^^

Finally made it to 50 Lucids!

I’ve been talking to my characters. I tried to summon one of them in a dream but failed, unfortunately. Perhaps talking to them some more might help.
I’ll visit some interesting locations tonight (still need to visit Lucid Crossroads and Astral Pulse Island) with my characters.

My dreams are becoming more stable, but are becoming slightly odd…and related. Related in the sense that they contain elements from an activity that I did quite a lot the previous day, and the dream the night after seems to be very slightly linked. Meaning, that if I talk to my characters it will carry over to the dream…I hope?

This is a neat idea, and actually one I’ve considered myself before, but I’ve never had the presence of mind in a LD to work out the agreement with the character I want to help me.

For the record, I have (from what I remember) three characters who have shown up multiple times, at least once in a LD:

Propellor (yes, that’s what he told me his name was, and that’s how it’s spelled), who first appeared as a strangely authoritative figure in a ND. I think I encountered him briefly in a few other NDs, and once in a LD, though that was largely unproductive.

The anthropomorphic personification of Death, who originally showed up to give me a message in a ND and has since appeared several times when it’s implied that I’ve died in a dream. He’s the only character who’s actually brought me to lucidity, though this was simply by appearing out of his usual context, thus making me suspicious of the situation.

Cell, who is the only one I “made” consciously, but who has developed into his own character over the course of several dreams (his personality is basically the same as how I imagined it, but for some reason when his hair started growing it grew in white and has stayed that way). Cell only appears in LDs, but is often hard to find, and other DCs don’t seem to know who he is when I ask. It’s Cell that I wanted to ask to make me lucid, but every time I find him I get distracted and forget.

So there you go. Maybe this will help me remember enough to actually ask him, so I’ll be back here if I make any progress!

Teraflare8866: Hey! Congrats on the 50 mark C: It’s terribly exciting to hear C: . Does that mean that you’ve conquered the clarity issue in your dreams? Did the character just not appear once you tried to summon them? It’s a great that you’re noticing personal dream trends-- I hope that conversing with them pulls them into a dream for you C: Has that happened since saturday?

Rhewin: Wow, The Doctor was able to dictate the dream back to you? Or otherwise, did he just conjure up the memories for you? That’s really cool, actually C: . I’ll certainly have to ask some of my characters for help in interesting dream recalls ^^ Any other interesting developments?

Opolious: Hey! I haven’t seen you on this thread before, welcome C: . There are several ways of getting her into your dreams, one of which is setting the intention that you will meet her via dream before going to sleep. Basically, you can repeat statement to yourself about meeting the characters and becoming lucid (utilizing MILD), leaving it as the last thought in your mind, or you could incubate a scene to enter with her in it. Getting the character to assist you while doing this would be preferable, as well C:.

My favourite way of getting a character into a dream is to summon them once I become lucid (which may happen with help from the character pre-sleep). Hope that helps!

Colors: Sorry-- I’ve never personally had that experience. Why be so anxious? Your character, your mind, your dreamscape! The one place you can and should be fearless is within your own dreams. You’re totally right that you have full control. So do what you like and have fun with it C: Next time you see your character in a dream, it’ll be awesome C:

chamered_nautilus: Hey! Welcome C: You’re very articulate, your post was interesting to read. Your characters fascinate me, and I’m intrigued to see what more may become of your characters and your interactions with them. How has progress been? Have you any desire to engage your characters IWL?

I can definitely sympathize with you, but so far Crystal is the only character I’ve tried to find, and I’ve had little luck with her. If I found her, though, I know her well enough from IWL conversations that I’m sure I wouldn’t be shy around her. Heck, from some of the dreams I’ve had before with her, I doubt that’s possible anymore.

Oh, before I forget, you should drop that dream into the CALD DJ!

EDIT: Oh, and while I’m thinking about it, you should try talking to the character when you wake up from something like this and see what they have to say about it.

Well hi, Talon ^^ . It’s a little hard to describe. It’s like he was searching my memories for me. I’m not really sure what all was involved, we just found he could do it. I’ve found it also helps to discuss my dreams with him during WBTB. I guess it just get me thinking about my dreams again. Still, it’s all in the spirit of CALD.

Other than that he and the Third Doctor have managed to keep from killing each other. I’m waiting for a good LD where I remember to summon the Third. I still have yet to see him in the real world. It’s kind of trippy because he technically has gone through all of the experiences I and the Second have (time travel, you know). I wonder what effect, if any, that will have.

Wolvendeer: Hey :slight_smile: It’s cool you’re comfortable with Crystal I think. ^^ what sort of dreams have you had with her, if you don’t mind me asking?

Rhewin: :slight_smile: Memory fishing? That sounds intresting, I guess it was a cool experience? Have you tried getting The Doctor to keep a memory for you that you might have difficulty recalling yourself? I did that in middle school for a while with my characters for tests, though admittedly, I don’t remember it much now, since I moved on to other memorization methods.
I have to say that the different incarnations The Doctor has grants your relationships an interesting dynamic! :slight_smile: It must be fun ^^

Well, the first dream I can remember having with her was one where I was heading to her house in the woods. There was a short reunion between me, her, my DC brother, and his characters, then her and I were riding on a bus. She was listening to me talk about how it would suck to wake up from that dream. That one is in the CALD DJ if you’re interested. The next few are just us relaxing, and the last dream I remember is where she had killed someone (she was an assassin), and I was helping her load the body into a wheelchair so it looked like the person was still alive.

That’s all of them that I can remember right now. I always feel like we’re an old couple or something when I am in a dream with her because of a (as best I can describe it is like a silent understanding and/or completeness) connection that exists between us in dreams. I don’t know why, but that doesn’t really exist with any of my other characters, even thoug foxy has been there during hard times to help me out emotionally.

Thanks a lot for your advices !

Well today was the lucky day of me being able to tell Fujimoto that I wanted to be just friends right now, and make him come back on his own and listen to me.

But I was really glad, because in the end, it’s just being able to find out what you really want ! And I am glad that I want to take things slowly, step by step with this character ! Then I’ll prove myself that a relationship is possible, just like when you visit places you dreamt about in previous dreams, I’ll get back to that character and improve the relationship step by step :smile:

Hm, now I should look for the CALD DJ !

In short, yes, I managed to solve the clarity issues.
My characters just didn’t appear at that time when I tried, I might not have feel ‘connected’ as much as I do during daydreams. These trends occured once more on Sunday, but unfortunately did not become lucid.

I’m starting to notice some interesting things in the morning when I try to snatch a few hours sleep before school. I was daydreaming about something, and that image became very clear in my head, as if it were waking life. I wasn’t fully conscious about it, so I didn’t realise what was going on. Seeing as this works in the morning of the vast majority, I could try to daydream about my characters until that sets in, and perhaps VILD to hop straight into a LD. I need to stay vigilant and aware for this to work, but very tired, and need to be dipping in and out of the sleep threshold (like what happens most mornings to me)

Colors, congrats on your progress with your character. Have fun taking it slowly and I hope you enjoy every moment of it :grin:

Wolvendeer, ok, now I want some characters :lol:

So, some basic questions (I might have asked before? deja vu kinda memory I have sometimes :shy: ):

1. How much or how little can/should you put into the creation of a character, consiously that is? Is it possible to do something like “hello, is there anyone there?” and just see if anyone appears? :tongue: Or is it necessary to at least know where to start? like come up with a name maybe and start knowing that person “from scratch”…

2. Can I create a character that is like a very wise lucid dreaming wizard or something? :happy: Or even, can I create a character that is my DG? and, like… merge them? does that make sense? :tongue:

I still have trouble thinking how to get independant responses from a character. In the beginning I’d make up answers and stuff and it would feel totally lame! (I haven’t actually tried it :tongue: It’s just insecurity, I guess, lol)

The idea of characters isn’t natural to me as it is to you guys :content: so it feels kinda weird, I guess lol Actually, now that I think of it, since I was a little kid I’d talk in my head to this imaginary listener, but I’d never get (or even try to get) an answer… I didn’t expect an answer or even wish for one. I’d just explain things, things that I already knew, for whatever reason…

I’m not even sure I want to create a character :tongue: but after I started modding this thread it’s gotten me a little interested :grin: