Are you a natural? - Part I

I remember as a child having dreams where in the dream I said ‘I am in a dream’.

I always had lots of dreams and I was always able to remember them very well. And years ago without knowing anything about lucid dreams inorder to overcome my nightmares I decided that I will know when I am dreaming. And that is how I was able to become lucid without knowing anything about the subject. First I just forced myself to be conscious during my nightmares but then I improved my technique and I was able to do whatever I want in my dream. I was able to go to places, I was able to lengthen my dream and I was able to fly. I basically got conscious that I was dreaming before hearing about lucid dreams and I enjoyed it alot…

But then I had a baby and my sleep patern got terrible and I was not able to have dreams let alone being lucid. And recently, 6 months ago I heard about this as a concept. I said to myself I was doing this so I can do it again. Since my realization I had 4 LDs but then it stopped. It just stopped. I can not become lucid anymore. And it is terrible for me. I think last time I was lucid was a month or two months ago. No matter how hard I try I can not become lucid. One night I had a false awaking thats all. I want to be lucid again. Now am I natural or not?! :help:

My very first lucid dream was one that came about without any knowledge that it was even possible. Of course, I was probably ten or so and it was such a huge revelation that I didn’t really know what to do with it. It was a particularly unpleasant dream, so my first impulse was to pick up a phone on which someone had called me, shout, “Yeah, well, guess what, this is a dream! So THERE!” and then hang up and wake myself up. :neutral: Somewhat less productive than it could have been, that one.

I answered yes, because I can remember an occasional instance or two where I realized I was dreaming. However, it wasn’t much more than that. It was a “oh cool” kind of moment but I didn’t really understand that I could influence anything or exert any control over the dream state.

That said, I don’t really feel Iike I was a natual. Learning to LD was a process that took time and effort to get proficient at. I by no means decided to learn to LD and started having 1 per night all the time; but as my dream recall, focus, and most importantly confidence grew to became easier and easier to have LD’s.

Therin lies your problem. It is not impossible to fly, as you are dreaming. No rules, laws, or regulations apply to the dream state. You need to get yourself to believe that you can fly, because of course you can. Once you do you won’t have any problem doing . Stop telling yourself its difficult or immpossible, because its not. It’s actually quite easy; as long as you don’t self impose the laws of physics into your own dreams.

I don’t remember having lucid dreams as a child but recently I’ve definitely had a couple accidental lucid dreams

when i was a kid i use to have actual lucid dreams i remmber them very clearly too. ii remmber the same dream over and over again. i use to turn out of my bed and jump and get smaller and run around the floor it was odd. and as if i remmber it too it was yearrrss ago o.o i knew i was dreaming.

I’ve always lucid dreamed naturally. I haven’t used any outside stimulus or techniques to force them to happen. I’m always somewhat lucid in my dreams: I choose where I want to go and with whom. Then extras come when I need them…

If I’m trying to escape from somewhere or someone, my agility and speed instantly increase and I can get away.

If I need to fly, I either jump or grow wings and up I go. Of course, the results on that varies - it depends on my confidence that night. Generally though, my skill improves every time I fly in a dream.

Or if I’m trapped, in my mind the answer to get out of it manifests in my mind and I’m freed.

This wasn’t just as a child - I still LD this way. -shrug- They’re pretty easy to have… all I need to do is focus on having one in that moment before I fall asleep, and I wake up dreaming. :smile:

Does 14 count? If so yes, but assuming that early childhood(10 and under) was meant, I voted no.

I cannot use any techniques either. I can only become lucid naturally. I used RC couple of times. That worked but RC is also something like you allready realize ‘am I dreaming’ and then do the RC. I can become lucid naturally but this only happens once a month or so…

When I try the techniques they don’t work. Then I feel like I can not become lucid because I want it too much. And then when I let it go I become lucid.
I wish I could become lucid more often.
But I read that becoming lucid more often maybe dangerous. Is it really? I can not belive what harm can be there?!

I wouldn’t call myself a natural, because I’ve never tried to purposely have a LD. But when I was younger (around 6-13) I used to have dreams, well nightmares actually, and I was aware of my conciousness and I could control what I did. I never tried to have these dreams, they just came to me. It was freaky though because I was always being chased by something and I always tried to wake myself up, but I could never wake up. The last time I had one of those dreams was a couple of years ago. I want to to try to have another LD but I’m kind of scared.

Am I a natural? Heck no, I’m like an un-natural o.O

I had my first ever lucid dream at 4 years old (or something like that). I was playing with one of my old friends and at a moment I said “hey, do you know we are dreaming? I swear, I also remember the moment I fell asleep”, then a monitor appears, showing me, sleeping in my bed (I recently thought that it may also have been a sort of OBE…).
After that, I only succeed to have just 3 more LD, in the last two years, after months of hard work…

I’ve had 2 uninduced lucid dreams. I think I may have accidentally performed a WILD when I was 5-ish, but I can’t remember that incident too clearly. However, those have all been years ago, and I would not consider myself a natural, seeing how I can hardly even remember most of my dreams.

i think the real question here what is a natural besides a random event in your words

im just saying

Am I a natural? Heck, no! :tongue: It’s taken me so long just to have two LDs. I figure it’s all about the time and effort invested, though, so I’ve got a long ways to go.

As a kid, I never had any lucid dreams. I did come close in one dream about flying, where I sort of realized there was nothing holding me up and started sinking… I managed to pull myself up by realizing it wasn’t real life. But that was only pre-lucidity, if anything.

I was always interested in dreams, though. I took inspiration from them, and dabbled in dream interpretation on-and-off from the time I was nine. I first met my DG when I was ten… I suppose that’s what kept me going. Always curious, wanting to see more.

I think the only lucid dream i had was luck because i just thought about dreaming in my dream and boom i was flying away from people haha so wouldnt that make me a natural or is that just a radom occurence

I have been aware of that I am dreaming many times, but I have not taken any control, I simply followed the dream, sometimes I got myself away from the trouble I was in simply by just knowing that I was in a dream and that nothing could harm me or so etc.

Once I even got an option screen, almost like in the movie “Click” with Adam Sandler, but this was many years before that movie even came out.

So I don’t know in what cathegory I should be in xD

I have had lucid dreams bout lucid dreams often, but when I realise I am dreaming , I wake up and don’t want to hang around, heard about lucid dreaming about 4 days ago, and now trying to practice it, the tecniques on here worked, though the spinning around to remain lucid, will take some work, but i find not opening my eyes, even when i think i am awake helps me fall back in.

A cut and paste from my first post but as you can see its a big yes for me!

"As a child I constantly experienced lucid dreams although I thought it was normal and didn’t talk to people about it. I don’t remember controlling my dream environment except in one respect that was always the same. I every lucid dream I had I would quickly realise I was dreaming and tell people in my dream that “we” were dreaming (never “I” am dreaming). As the dream progressed if I wanted to wake up (and this is the weird bit) all I had to do was find a vintage car (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang era) lie down underneath it and bang! wide awake. The car was always there if I needed to wake up but the lucid dreams stopped as I got older. It’s a shame I didn’t realise what was happening.

Anyway as an adult I still naturally have lucid dreams but very infrequently maybe only once a year at least they are the only ones I can remember, the last one I had I managed to fly which I have never done before.

I also suffer from sleep paralysis or to be more accurate waking paralysis where I want to wake up when I’m dreaming but cant. Its hard to describe but I know I’m lying in bed and if I “struggle” I cant wake but I can fool myself into thinking I’m awake and even standing up out of bed or walking around the house when I suddenly realise I’m dreaming, panic and start shallow breathing and twitching at which point my wife has to shake me to snap me awake. I can wake myself up if I relax and jerk myself awake. As I write this I’ve never spotted the fact that I know I’m asleep and maybe I should stop trying to wake myself up but the feeling of paralysis is very scary. Now I think about it I’ve suffered the paralysis as long as I can remember (I’m 38 now) but its worse when I’m stressed."

My dream recall is nauturally pretty good too, I can still remember lying under that old car which I guess last happened about 30 years ago. My long term memory is good anyway so I guess that helps. I can still rememebr stuff from the age of 3 and occasionally freak my parents out by asking “do you rememeber…” to which they answer “you were only 3 how the hell can you remember that!?”.

I’ve not managed an induced LD yet but I’m being a bit lazy about it at the moment. I guess because I know I can LD I’m not in such a rush to see if I can induce a LD. But I’ll get there! :grin: