Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VII

Wolvendeer: Hey :slight_smile: It’s cool you’re comfortable with Crystal I think. ^^ what sort of dreams have you had with her, if you don’t mind me asking?

Rhewin: :slight_smile: Memory fishing? That sounds intresting, I guess it was a cool experience? Have you tried getting The Doctor to keep a memory for you that you might have difficulty recalling yourself? I did that in middle school for a while with my characters for tests, though admittedly, I don’t remember it much now, since I moved on to other memorization methods.
I have to say that the different incarnations The Doctor has grants your relationships an interesting dynamic! :slight_smile: It must be fun ^^

Well, the first dream I can remember having with her was one where I was heading to her house in the woods. There was a short reunion between me, her, my DC brother, and his characters, then her and I were riding on a bus. She was listening to me talk about how it would suck to wake up from that dream. That one is in the CALD DJ if you’re interested. The next few are just us relaxing, and the last dream I remember is where she had killed someone (she was an assassin), and I was helping her load the body into a wheelchair so it looked like the person was still alive.

That’s all of them that I can remember right now. I always feel like we’re an old couple or something when I am in a dream with her because of a (as best I can describe it is like a silent understanding and/or completeness) connection that exists between us in dreams. I don’t know why, but that doesn’t really exist with any of my other characters, even thoug foxy has been there during hard times to help me out emotionally.

Thanks a lot for your advices !

Well today was the lucky day of me being able to tell Fujimoto that I wanted to be just friends right now, and make him come back on his own and listen to me.

But I was really glad, because in the end, it’s just being able to find out what you really want ! And I am glad that I want to take things slowly, step by step with this character ! Then I’ll prove myself that a relationship is possible, just like when you visit places you dreamt about in previous dreams, I’ll get back to that character and improve the relationship step by step :smile:

Hm, now I should look for the CALD DJ !

In short, yes, I managed to solve the clarity issues.
My characters just didn’t appear at that time when I tried, I might not have feel ‘connected’ as much as I do during daydreams. These trends occured once more on Sunday, but unfortunately did not become lucid.

I’m starting to notice some interesting things in the morning when I try to snatch a few hours sleep before school. I was daydreaming about something, and that image became very clear in my head, as if it were waking life. I wasn’t fully conscious about it, so I didn’t realise what was going on. Seeing as this works in the morning of the vast majority, I could try to daydream about my characters until that sets in, and perhaps VILD to hop straight into a LD. I need to stay vigilant and aware for this to work, but very tired, and need to be dipping in and out of the sleep threshold (like what happens most mornings to me)

Colors, congrats on your progress with your character. Have fun taking it slowly and I hope you enjoy every moment of it :grin:

Wolvendeer, ok, now I want some characters :lol:

So, some basic questions (I might have asked before? deja vu kinda memory I have sometimes :shy: ):

1. How much or how little can/should you put into the creation of a character, consiously that is? Is it possible to do something like “hello, is there anyone there?” and just see if anyone appears? :tongue: Or is it necessary to at least know where to start? like come up with a name maybe and start knowing that person “from scratch”…

2. Can I create a character that is like a very wise lucid dreaming wizard or something? :happy: Or even, can I create a character that is my DG? and, like… merge them? does that make sense? :tongue:

I still have trouble thinking how to get independant responses from a character. In the beginning I’d make up answers and stuff and it would feel totally lame! (I haven’t actually tried it :tongue: It’s just insecurity, I guess, lol)

The idea of characters isn’t natural to me as it is to you guys :content: so it feels kinda weird, I guess lol Actually, now that I think of it, since I was a little kid I’d talk in my head to this imaginary listener, but I’d never get (or even try to get) an answer… I didn’t expect an answer or even wish for one. I’d just explain things, things that I already knew, for whatever reason…

I’m not even sure I want to create a character :tongue: but after I started modding this thread it’s gotten me a little interested :grin:

Welcome back to our topic, mattias, it’s been a while. :smile: I’ll answer your questions now, and then I’m sure Talon will give you an awesome answer as well.

1. Absolutely. Foxy was my first character, and I met her when I was trying the Paradiso program. I had made an area, and this fox just came walking out of the woods and talked to me! She was awesome, and I kinda saw her like a little [DC] sister. I’ve also had characters like Silence just randomly popped in and started bossing another character of mine around. Most of my characters were spontaneously met, in fact.

2. You might find out more if you ask Talon about Ghost, but I definitely think so. Silence just popped in, and he always has a good answer for things. Sorry if I’m not very clear on this, however I’m distracted with a phone call atm.

3)I don’t know what to tell you with the responses because I’ve always gotten immediate responses with my characters. Only advice I can give is to not question whether they are actually real or if you’re puppeteering them, because they might take it the wrong way.

Lastly) Make a character. You may not be sure now, however once you make one, you’ll always have a companion with you. :smile:

Came to post about my lucid dream last night. I actually met all my characters for the first time in a dream! I spoke to them, and we all had a conversation. I managed to keep the dream stablefor 15 minutes :smile:

At first, my characters were hard to summon. During the process, (when I tried to summon using my hands) I felt a presence around me. Then, I knew I was getting close. When I summoned them, I hugged some of them and greeted the rest. It felt really cool speaking to them, and being in their presence. I hope I speak to them again soon, because it was truly incredible.

Yay, congrats Teraflare :thumbs:

I recently had a dream involving all of the Doctors. The strange thing is the Second and Third didn’t bother to tell me I was dreaming. I asked them why later, and they said they weren’t aware of the dream either :tongue:. It makes you wonder if our characters can also get caught up in non-lucid dreams.

@Tera: Congrats. :smile:

@Rhewin: That’s a good point. It kinda reminds me of my first dream with foxy, where I became unlucid and she appeared and started talking about being hungry.

Thanks people :happy:

I notice that I have more lucid dreams when I use external stimuli (e.g: Music). When I listen to music, sometimes I fall asleep and I can have lucid dreams much more easily. Music also gives me really vivid dreams, and sometimes I can hear the music in my dreams (if my earphones don’t fall out).

I combine this with CALD, and it gives me excellent results. Maybe I should add a file to my MP3 that has a voice saying: “You are dreaming, do a RC” or “This is a dream, test reality. Now you are dreaming, please summon your characters.”
Although, sometimes I have to be careful what I listen to. If I listen to sad music when I sleep it tends to seep over into my dreams…:sad:

When I met my characters a few nights ago, I asked them several question about how they were, and where they had been. I forgot to ask them to take me to a futuristic city; but never mind, I can do that next time.
The only difficult thing is keeping track of all my characters (everything requires your attention to exist). Sometimes I forget some of my characters, and I have to think for a while to remember who they all are. The only characters I didn’t meet in that dream were Teraflare and Blaze.

This reminds me. I just recently (last night) downloaded a video that is supposed to basically give you a guided lucid. I’ve tried it out twice, but I’m not particularly satisfied with it. I think that the suggestion is kind of weak and the “You are dreaming” cue is too quiet to be heard while you are asleep. I’m thinking about writing my own script and recording my own hypnosis lucid track/movie. I’m not sure how effective the imagery is or what type of imagery would be more effective at making you more open to suggestion, but at least I’ll be able to make it more comfortable for myself. I think it is an excellent idea though for a lucid induction video that you can go to sleep to. What is you guys’ thoughts on it, and what verbiage do you think would lend it more to the CALD technique? Also, do you think it would be worth the effort to go through to make a dedicated CALD hypnosis track?

I think a CALD hypnosis track would be a brilliant idea. I could put together a track that is dedicated for CALD, that tells you to do a RC. It would probably work best if it is listened to whilst sleeping, because you will be able to hear the audio in a dream, and then you would be able to come to your senses that you are truly dreaming.

I’d have to think over what the voice says though, for the technique to work. I’ll have to experiment over the next fews days. Basically, I’ll use a computer voice (like Microsoft Sam, and if that fails I’ll use my own) to tell me I’m dreaming. I may use binaural beats accompanied with that…although some people believe they are placebo.

The difficult part is trying to fall asleep while listening to it, because if I tell myself to sleep then I just can’t fall asleep, I have to think about something else. It’s hard to do this, like it’s hard to stop thinking about an object falling on my head blocking my view when I have a conversation with my characters.

I’ll start making the audio track in a few hours, after doing some research on other audio tracks and other interesting things with the audio program I’m using (Audacity). I’ll report to you guys after trying it.

Research isochronic tones. I think that is what they’re called, but they’ll negate the importance of headphones.

Still haven’t finished the Hypnosis track yet, but it’ll be ready soon.

I did some research on isochronic tones. From my research they seem to be more powerful than binaural beats. I managed to find some, and read what that specific tone does. Some of them make daydreams more vivid, which would be amazing for character interaction. Some are also specifically for lucid dreaming.

So, I tried the tone that produces vivid daydreams, numbness and strange body sensations. My entire body went numb (I felt like I was going into paralysis) and my eyes were jolting about rapidly. It took me about 5-10 minutes to get there.
I didn’t get really vivid daydreams, but I did get brief flashes of hypnagogic imagery that seem slightly more vivid than my standard visual manifestations.

After 10 minutes I got slightly frightened, so I decided to call it quits for the night. I’m going to try again in conjunction with a voice that guides me. Maybe I should make the voice say: “You are entering the world with your characters”, or something similar like: “You will start to see your characters in the landscape you are visualising, and the scenery will become more vivid in your mind.”
It might not work, but it’s definitely worth a shot :happy:

Sounds awesome. :happy:

Very interesting. I might even have to drop out of lurker mode- Oh crap.

Alright, I’ve finished the hypnosis file but haven’t had the time to listen to it. I’m trying to reduce the size of it because it’s pretty huge at the moment.

I’ve been chilling with my characters over the last week, and everyone gets along with each other now (sometimes they didn’t get along). There’s nothing evil either - just me and my characters. In my last adventure, we travelled to a different planet, but got as far as landing on it, then I fell asleep XD. Didn’t dream about it, but I’m gonna continue from where I last left off (like I always do).

It’s weird - I heard even more songs from my MP3 in my dream whilst listening to them. I have it on shuffle mode, so the songs play randomly in a certain order. I hear it in my dream and when I wake up, I go back a few songs (because when it’s in shuffle it’s a huge randomised playlist, and you can check which songs have just played) and realise that’s the exact song that was playing in my dream. Maybe this could work for telling me to do a reality check…but I suppose it has to be done at the correct time :happy: I suppose it would have to be a customised playlist, and I’ll experiment at what time I hear the music.
Some of the songs I listen to remind me of my characters - quite interesting if you ask me.

About these isochronic tones…some of them sound really relaxing and I could fall asleep to. Some of them play at the wrong time, though.

I can remember I’m dreaming most nights, but just forget to do whatever I want. I’m almost there to becoming a confident LDer, I just need to be careful with my actions, and need to remember that everything requires my attention to exist. Having no clarity issues, just control issues. One of the things I’m struggling with is to teleport, or make someone appear. That might become tough when I want to contact my characters.

I’m so excited to see how this turns out :grin:

Soooooo, I guess it’s time I join you guys in this topic! Cause I - uhmm - kinda created a character last night :content: Sort of out of the blue too. I was in bed trying to fall asleep and “ok, I guess I’ll create a character” :rofl:

Her name is Lucy :razz: and she’s going to try and help me with LD’ing, among other things. We ended up having a conversation last night and even though I was making up her answers, it didn’t feel as artificial as I thought it would :eh: It was fun :tongue: although there wasn’t much to talk about lol She’s still getting used to the whole idea of “existing”.

The cool thing is I asked last night if possible to help me get lucid, with no pressure since this was all new to her but I did get lucid :eek: and a decent level of lucidity too. At one point I went looking for her. I saw this girl from behind and asked if she was her, but as she turned around I saw she didn’t have blue eyes and just said “no…” in a disapointing tone. I asked if Lucy was around but woke up :neutral:

Let’s see where this all goes :grin:

:happy: Welcome to the group, mattias. I hope you manage to find Lucy in your dreams soon. I haven’t seen TA around in a while, but if you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them as best I can. Considering I’ve been chasing Crystal down in my dreams for three years already there are some subjects I will be a bit weak in, though. ^_^;;