rc help

In my ld I’m having they look so real that I question that they are real, so I do an rc (nose holding one) my problem is that the first thing I do in most of my ld’s is jump out of my bedroom window (all but of my ld’s so far have started there) however my worry is that I’m not dreaming and that I actualy jump out of the window in rl.

Does anyone know any rc’s that will put me beyond doubt completely.
I have already tried and their problems
Nose rc (I think that I may do it wrong)
Push thumb through hand. I didn’t notice anything weird
finger counting rc. My fingers seem blured however sometimes when I wake up my vision is blured anyway.

Hope you can help

tks lbsf1

When you’re doubting whether it’s a dream or not, certainly the clock RC or text RC can help. Just look at some line of text, or a clock, twice or thrice in a row, and the content will have changed. I hope by then, you’ll be satisfacted with the result enough to believe it’s a dream :smile:

Use the nose RC and the text/clock RC; they are the best ones. If they show that you are dreaming, if you still have doubt, do them again. Then just jump out your window. I personally know that there is absolutely no way I’d think I was dreaming in WL, and that is what takes away all doubt. Remember, if the RC shows you are dreaming, do another. If they all do, they go on with the dream. Because you would never think you were dreaming IRL.

Not true for everyone, I’m afraid. I failed a RC once in real life (the clock one, cause I looked at two different clocks, one of which turned out to be dead on batteries). Then I proceeded to jump into the air to “take off”, just to land on my face. Luckily I was alone in my living room. :ack:

I would have to say that the nose RC is the best one of all. Breathing is a rare example of a real physiological sign that you can still notice in the dream state, so anything that would disrupt it will make a good RC. (I’ve gone lucid after jumping in water and noticing that I was still breathing)

:woah: an RC tells that youre in a dream when IRL??

Youre the first example that Ive heard this happen, Im sorry to hear that you landed on your face, I hope you didnt hurt to much :meh:

I perform the hand RC where I count the number of fingers, its actually reliable once it has been a habit to perform :grin: Ive also done the breathing RC, but that one I only do when doing the FILD tech. The text RC doesnt work for me, Im too lazy to make that one a habit :tongue:

I haven’t got a LD yet but when i’m not dreaming those are the RC’s i do most of the time to see if i’m dreaming:

Trying to push my finger through my hand
Look how late it is
Read things

And i read something really useful. The RC looking to your hand is very handy. But if you write something on your hand (like i did, i wrote the word “dream”) you can check it when you are awake. But when you check your hands in your dream, the text isn’t there. I thought it might would be useful but that is my opinion… :shy: Succes!

Writing something on your hand can be good, but it does require you to have something constantly on your hand. Also, your SC is perfectly capable of imitating the text so you see it there in the dreams as well. The best for me have been the finger through hand and the nose pinching.

In the end, really, it’s not really the action that matters. What matters is that you doubt reality every single time you do it. If you’re not questioning the world, then the results probably won’t mean anything to you in the dream.

That’s true, i washed my hands a few times now and it’s almost washed off. Maybe not a really good idea:) I would just keep it at the breathing RC i think… And do an extra RC if i was doubting too much.

When I look at my hand, I really try to expect that there are 6 fingers, I visualize them.

In a dream, this will work in most cases so you habe the perfect proof that you must be dreaming.