When did you had your first LD?

You’re pretty lucky. My first one last week was 1 second long

First even LD was a long time ago and at the end of a dream, I had been adventuring with some companions to help save a city and soon came to an open area of a temple with a giant hole in the middle of the floor. My mind suddenly concentrated on my steps and I was suddenly lucid because of it, it was a minute long but the dream destabilized and I fell to the floor, I then woke up.

But my latest one was this morning (yay!) that had me in a very foggy place, it only lasted for 2 seconds

I had my first lucid dream in the morning after learning about it. I had been reading dreamviews all night, and attempted WILD when I went to bed, to success.

Although, looking back on it, I always thought it was more like an OBE, because the sensations didn’t feel like my later WILDs. I literally felt something leave my body.

I’ve been deeply fascinated by the subject of dreaming ever since.

In 2006 I was editor-in-chief of the school newspaper. We ran a story on LD’s, I lurked on ld4all for a week or so and after about 3 months had a lucid moment.

I actually had my first LD before I knew anything about the possibility of becoming consious in my dream state. I was 19 and did an coincidental WBTB on a weekend, and had a good 45 seconds worth of exploring the dreamworld lucidly.

I went straight to the library to research what had happened and learned of the scientific phenomenon that was now proved and accepted as real.

Since then, i’ve been hooked!

I was almost 19, and it happened by accident because I was quite heavily into meditation then, and initiated a WILD. I’d read about lucid dreaming before, but I wasn’t interested enough to try for one. That first accidental one let me see how awesome LD’ing really was. :tongue:

Hey, so I’m new to this thing… I only had 1 LD when I was about 3… But back then I didn’t know it was a LD. But few days ago this really weird thing happened to me… I had a dream that I had a LD. But it was just a normal dream. Which is odd tbh… But anyways, that really interested me so I did a research and I learned loads about lucid dreams. I’m trying to control them, and I’ve been trying for like a week now, but nothing works and I just have to keep trying… It really fascinates me. Soo… My question is: How long did it take YOU to start lucid dreaming? Did you learn it on purpose? Or did it just come to you?
I really don’t wanna give up but I’m feeling it’s kind of impossible for me now :sad:

Merged from similar topic. :dragon:

Welcome to LD4all dragonshrill! :wave:
As for your question, I think the time it takes to become lucid is different for everyone. I used to have lucid dreams when I was a kid, and “outgrew” them. It was not until a few months ago that a friend of mine reintroduced me to the world of lucid dreaming. It took a month of daily reality checks, reading, mentally preparing myself etc. to get my first LD. Then found myself not able to even sleep much for 2 whole month due to a very time consuming deadline. (worked 16-20 hour days, so hardly any sleep). The minute it was done however I was able to start my WBTB again, and my meditating and I have had 8 lucid dreams in less then a month. For me it helps to focus on attaining lucidity during the day doing RCs and trying to become more aware as to what goes on around me and such.
Don’t give up, hang on in there, it is worth the time waiting for.

Thank you for your help :smile: I really needed a motivation :smile:

hey dragonshrill, nice to meet you! i’m sure i posted somewhere or other how long it took me to get an ld, but it doesn’t really matter, cause it’s totally different for everyone. the last thing you wanna do is compare yourself to the next person. posting here is a great way to keep it in the forefront of your mind. having a dream about having an ld is a great place to be i think! i’ve had a lot of those, and sometimes i wonder if i knew it was a dream more than i remember. good luck! and hope to see you around the boards!

I had my first LD when I was around 14. I had stumbled upon a lucid dream book in the library and a few weeks after reading it I had my first LD.

ive had alots of them in when i was about 12. Had em everyday and i could choose enviroment and i was litteraly God in my dreams. I dont have the same powers now in my dreams, and i LD is not quiet often anymore, got to try it tonight, havent tried for years!

I had a recurrent LD when i was a kid. My granny drove with a car (IRL she didn’t) and i was sitting next to her. I told her that this is a dream and we are in a dream, and how wonderful it is. This LD kept repeating during my childhood many times.

Later, some years ago, someone (in another forum) told me about different flying styles what can be used in dreams and that i can be concious during a dream. He invited me to meet him (and someone else) when i happen to be in a dream. It was soon after that when i had my first LD as an adult. I started to search about the topic in Internet and so i found this forum here :smile:

I experienced my first lucid dream at around 18 years of age.I can still remember it vividly 25 years later.

I had one just a couple days ago.
The second, just last night.
I’m hoping for a third tonight.

Read about it 4 days ago, and had the first 2 days ago, though it finished pretty much instantly, too excited I guess :wink: Hopefully again tonight.

A friend of mine online referred me to a bunch of sites on the topic, I was amazed, About a week later around march or april of 2004? when I was 13 years old, I had a 5 minute taste of lucidity.

I had my first LD when I was four. I hadn’t even heard of LDs back then, so when I found out that I was dreaming, I was really freaked out. The dream was so vivid that I though I was going to be trapped in it forever. I ran around the Dream World screaming, “Let me out of this dream!!!”. After about an hour, I managed to force my eyes open, and I woke up. After that I was afraid to go to sleep for about 2 weeks. :lol:

My first LD came when I was seven. I got extremely exited because I’d been trying to do this for weeks (I’m surprised I didn’t wake up right then). I hadn’t heard the term “lucid dream” before but I still tried to control my dreams.

My first LD happened sometime in January this year. I had just started using this site and was working towards the goal. In it I was staring in a mirror and realized I was dreaming. Shortly afterward I realized I was staring at the back of my eyelids…