The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

Messed up my dream recall, I believe I had some vivid dream but I can’t recall the slightest thing sadly.

Last night I took 100 mg B6 and 500 mcg B12 around 30 minutes before falling asleep. I woke up naturally around 3 hours after falling asleep to crazy visualizations and half dreams and I could not fall back asleep. I kept having scenes play through my head like a broken record.

Was this caused by the vitamins? and if so, how can i try to make it until 6 hours after sleep when I actually want to get up and do MILD?

PS. I’ve used B vitamins many times before and this has happened only a handfull of times while using the vitamins. Also, I’ve had this happen on some nights after I’ve had a lot of sleep (10+ hours) and try to go to bed too early the next day.

Thanks!

About a week ago, I discovered a cabinet in my house full of supplements containing B6, 5-HTP, multivitamins, several herbs in pill form, fish oil with omega-3, and many other supplements. I remembered reading somewhere that diet affects dream vividness and I just found an entire cabinet of supplements. I took the multivitamin pill which had 50mg of B-6 and countless other vitamins and minerals, I took a 2, 5-HTP pills which does something with melotonin levels and also had 10mg of B-6. I took a B-50 complex pill which had 50mg of B-6 and many other B vitamins. Some herbs I took were Pau d’arco, Milk Thistle, Kava kava extract and some other things i cant remember. Overall, the pills consisted of 120mg of B-6 and a bunch of other things. I took all of these with a glass of chocolate milk. That night, I went to sleep, and had an EXTREMELY VIVID NIGHTMARE! Then i started taking the pills each night, but there were no effects besides the fact that I didnt remember my dreams anymore. From reading all of the replies here, I have come to a broad conclusion that eventually the body is immune to large amounts of B-6, resulting in no side effects. People who took bananas before going to bed, which had like 0.8mg of B-6 in it reported having vivid dreams. For the next ferw days, I am still going to experiment with large amounts of B-6, (100-120mg) and examine the results. Then I will wait a week and experiment with low doses of B-6 and examine the results.

What can you eat or drink that has a lot of vitamin b in it?

either a V-8, or vitamin water

Hey i want to try this B6 thing but on the bottle of the 100mg tablets it says consult doctor before using and it also says not intended for people under 18

I am 16 would it still be okay for me to take one? I dont know if this is relevant, but i am pretty big ( not fat just 6 4’ ) also would this vitamin help in trying a WILD

Vitamin b6 shouldn’t be taken too much as it can cause nerve damage. I saw once how much was the “limit”, but I don’t remember… 100 or 120 or 150mg, something like that… Just don’t take it without some research :wink:

I just purchased some b6 vitamins to test out their effects on dream vividness and recall. When I got home, I noticed that they were “Time Release”.
Apparently instead of giving you all the b6 in one shot, it gives you it over time.

Now, should I take this a certain amount of hours before I go to bed to make sure all the mgs of b6 are in my system before I nod off? Should I just take it before bed and hope that all the b6 is in me before I go into REM sleep? I just want to make sure I didn’t waste money on these pills :cry:

I’ve never taken any kind of pills for dreaming so i don’t know but I am interested in finding out if they are as effective as people say they are.

Personally I take them when going to bed, although mine dont have a time release afaik. I’m not a strong believer it’s very effective, but I take one once in a while as a lucid dream ’ placebo’ when I’m on a dry spell to clearly show my subconscious my intentions to lucid dream that night.

I just picked up some 100mg b6 from the store and cannot wait to try it tonight :grin: !!!
Im hoping they’ll increase the vividness of my dreams and maybe even a lucid :woo:

I took half of a 100 mg B6 last night and had my first lucid dream although i woke up right after i realized i was dreaming i could remember everything in extreme detail I knew about lucid dreaming before but i had only started my dream journal yesterday.
also i woke up in the morning with horrible dream recall then got in the half asleep stage and didn’t realize i transitioned into a dream. Im gonna go ahead and try a full 100mg tonight.

Try yeast. I mean the fresh one (on picture), not bag of dried instant yeast. they contain several B vitamins, but low/no amount of B12

pic: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Compr … st_-_1.jpg

I am 13 years old, anyone know how much B6 i should take before bed?

Same age, I take 150 of b6 every 5 days or so, it helps a lot.

Mmm. I’ve been fine before, but a few nights ago I took 100 and I had nausea. I did eat some greasy pizza, but I don’t know if it was coincidence. I’ll bump it down to 50.

So I think I might have just figured out the key to using b-6 to have vivid dreams, look at this article.

lucidallnight.wordpress.com/2008 … -more-vivi d-the-true-b6-story/

Interesting huh, it says that just taking b-6 is only half the battle, its pretty interesting, but bottom line it says you need b-6 and tryptophan to produce serotonin to have really vivid dreams. AAAaaaand there is a lot of tryptophan in cheddar cheese. So if you take b-6 and eat some cheese about an hour before bed, theoretically, it should work for you! I haven’t tried it yet because I just bought the b-6 today but I cant wait.

I’ve been doing it for quite some time now,
Only I’m using sesame seeds instead of chedder cheese.
Really boosts dream vividness…

Wait, do bananas have enough Vitamin B to make a difference? How much Vitamin B to I have to ingest for it to take effect?

wow dude, let’s not push it.
Everything man made is poison?
Including insulin for diabetics?
Including antibiotics for curing TB and pneumonia?
Including Calcium supplements to help osteoporosis patients?
The list goes on…