Any new techniques?

I’ve been trying to become lucid for about 4 years now without even the slightest success. I’ve tried every single technique there is on the internet (all the ones on this site, and almost every other site around…)

I’m just wondering what the newest techniques you guys have heard are.

im just sick of the old ones… :bored:

Have you tried CALD?
I know, old technique. Look up Tibetan Dream Yoga. 4 years without any success? Have yo ubeen doing it everyday? Have you been recording in your dream journal diligently? Have you been meditating daily? Have you tried MIWILD?(Meditation induced WILD). Have you been doing positive affirmations? Have you been believing those. Have you set goals to do in the dream world? It may be that you are having LD’s, but just don’t remember them, or you are not doing the techniques diligently. I did WILD, MILD, VILD, and succeeded at all three over a 3 week period. Now I am going to increase my LD’s to every day. Have you been eating a banana before you go to sleep? Have you set the intention to wake up to record your dreams? Very important. If you don’t treat your dreams important, your subconscious won’t just magically grant you LD’s. Also, you need to develop focus and concentration, and learn to be aware of the moment in the real life. give us more info. namaste

Thanks for the advice, I’ve tried most of that, not the banana thing. I think i just like need to keep trying every day, because i only try like maybe once or twice a week anymore.

Really helpful advice though, I will try all the stuff you wrote that I havent tried and will post back if im succesfull.

yeah, some persistence can help :tongue:

I’ve noticed for me that always using exactly the same MILD mantra has gotten me better results after time. So just because one thing doesn’t work one night or 2 (or eevn a week) doesn’t mean it won’t work. Your SC can learn and get better at things without you being able to consciously see the results.

Just don’t give up! :happy: (I mean, after 4 years, the coolness of your first LD will have built up. Imagine how awesome it will be to finally have one! Imagining this as vividly as possible and letting that excitement fill you up can really help too :wink: )

yeah i can see what you mean, after 4 years of wondering what it would be like that first LD is gonna be amazing.

For me it takes about two weeks or [much] longer to get results from any new techniques I might try out with nightly dedication on each. But regardless of technique, the only times I really LD is when I wake up about 5 1/2 hours later (when you fall asleep faster) and think of nothing but LD’s. I’ve found the technique couldn’t matter less, it only effects how the LD begins. In the end, getting an LD boils down to where my thoughts and desires are.

Hello guys !

I’ve lately been looking for new techniques of how to have LD’s too. The ones which everyone knows (MILD, WILD etc.) are kinda old and hard at first. But, I have recently found the key of falling asleep “conciously” and thus having an LD !
The keywords are: Your position in bed !
It might sound silly, but it’s true ! The way you lie in your bed is the most important fact to fall asleep and have OBE’s or LD’s.
I’m giving you a link. It’s not an ordinary link, it’s a link to a video guide about the most amazing and newest technique called “Stop, Drop and Roll ! (SDR)” .
Here is the link: Video guide on the amazing new techinque of How to trick your body to fall asleep conciously ! At first it might just sound like any other video guide where people talk about boring things. BUT, don’t get fooled, 'cause later in the video there is the most interesting thing ever ! The most important part of the video is the last part, but be sure to watch it all, because it explains interesting facts that an expereinced LDer simply must know about !
The video is just 10 minutes long, so you won’t lose a precious time periode.

Hope I helped,
Have a good day !

Try this: https://community.ld4all.com/t/pdild-looking-for-testers/32788

It’s PDILD (Planned Dream Induced Lucid Dreams). Try it out. I’ve tried many different LDing methods, but I have a really good feeling about this one. Check it out!

thanks a lot for the new techniques guys. The video that you posted Don, looks really interesting, unfortunately my computer at the moment can’t handle videos lol, I will definitely watch it when i get to a better computer.

And the link Lena posted looks really informative as well, i will definitely check that out after typing this.

thanks for all the new info this will definitely help me out.

I already know about Stop, Drop & Roll. I don’t think its that good

I’ve tried that one too, I think my problem with that one is, that I never really get that strong of an urge to roll over when I’m laying on my back trying to do WILD. I can also get my body utterly numb, but sleeping on my back I can’t.
I’m not as comfortable laying on my side doing WILD and I indeed feel the urge to roll over, but the urge itself interferes with my WILD focus. However falling asleep on my side is easier which poses a problem when trying to stay aware doing WILD. It’s a bit of a conundrum.

I think the problem with you guys who sayed SDR isn’t good is that you are not really tired. Let me explain what this SDR (Stop, Drop and Roll) is all about.

The first thing to now is that mind usually is independend of the body. The body grows hair, genrates tissue and all the other things which the mind doesn’t know about. Do you think of all the things that the body does simultanously ? You can’t, because they are way too many, so you don’t even think about them. This is mind - body independence.

The most imprtant fact about SDR is NOT TO CHANGE POSITIONS in bed. Why ? Because, as mind and body are independend from each other they still comunicate in a way. How ? By using signals. When you lie in your bed, the mind doesn’t know if the body fell asleep and the body doesn’t know if the mind allready fell asleep. So, the body checks on the mind if this one has allready fallen asleep. How does the body do that ? Well, the body sends a signal to the mind to change positions in bed. You feel like changing your position and that your neck, arm or leg might start huring. IF you do cahnge positions then the body thinks the mind responded to that signal and thinks that the mind is not asleep and thus the body won’t fall asleep too.

Now the secret is, when you feel like changing your position (which is the check of the body on the mind if the mind has fallen asleep) do NOT change your position how hard it may be. If you don’t cahnge position in bed the body will think that the mind did fall asleep and can’t respond to it’s checkup. So, if the body thinks the mind is asleep it will shut down and fall asleep to, BUT your mind’t didn’t fall alseep and thus enteres the dream conciously.

For a lot better explaining and very interesting drawings check out the link: Stop, Drop and Roll sleep command !.

Now the problem with you people who use this technique and think it’s not working, is that you aren’t tired enough. So I suggest, before going to bed, do some jogging (that’s what I do) or practice soem sport. If you are tired then you will do the SDR technique and fall asleep even faster then you would do if you wouldn’t have used the SDR. Just keep your mind awake. But don’t think of anything. Just focus on your breathing untill you get that feeling to change positions. Then just stay for another 10 minutes the way you are and if you don’t even move a finger then it will work.

Now I explained everything a little bit too general, so I strongly suggest to watch the video from the link I gave you.

Have a good day !

yeah man thats what its all about, don’t move until your body sends the signal. The hard part of that for me anyway is that it gets way too annoying and I just can’t even stand it haha.

Is there a guide on how to just ignore the signal lol.