Performing WILD during an airplane flight!

Hey forum, I’m going tomorrow to the United States, and well the plane trip from here is a little long, so I had the idea to try having a lucid dream during the flight, and I wanted to try using the WILD technique.

But my question is, do you guys think it could really work (By the position of the airplane seats, is it comfortable enough?)? Should I be fully awake ( I mean, no feeling of sleepiness at all) , or should I be a little sleepy to speed up the process? I never really understood the initial conditions to perform a good WILD.

Anyways I’d just like to read your replies, maybe I can get some interesting ones before I leave tomorrow! :happy:

well i’ve been riding planes all my life around the world…like 19 hours haha but the seats can be comfortable and it gets a little cold in there but i dont know about you but that helps me get tired and want to sleep. people mostly just mind thier own buisness but yea i dont see why it wouldent work. if youve ever seen or read stephen king’s the langoliers it mite be kind of a scary process but other than that i think i might want to try it next time im flying. have fun

Well, you see, if you think you’d fall asleep if you didn’t try, then you could have a try, otherwise there’s really no point. :tongue: So I would suggest being sleepy to begin with.

The basic idea of WILD is bringing your ordinary day consciousness into the dream, so you just have to keep conscious, basically letting your body fall asleep while you redirect your attention to things that are more and more dreamlike, starting with your ordinary senses, to ear buzzing/what you see with eyes closed, to HI and beyond, into a dream :wink:

The key is relaxing and letting the whole thing happen, if you try to force anything you’ll only keep yourself awake and get nowhere, besides your destination :tongue: just relax and let it happen.

Sweet dreams and nice travels :content:

I lol’d at “You’ll get nowhere, besides your destination”

wait… did he do it yet?

Hey guys, I tried it but I didn’t succeeded, although I managed to reach HI, but without any SP. I did had 1 big body jerk which I was conscious about it. But nothing exciting, well I’m gonna try on the way back and post here how it goes!

Dont sleep the day before it always helps me dream when i am very tired