How do I use Autosuggestion?

It is nearly impossible for me to wake up at the time required to use WBTB, as I am a very deep sleeper I have yet to find an alarm clock loud enough to wake me. I would like to try autosuggestion to help me wake up on time but I dont know how to start.

The simplest way is to simply tell yourself something like “I naturally wake up at such-and-such time.” You can do this as you fall asleep. It might also help to get a string of beads so you repeat it a certain number of times. Say 100 or so.

I like to believe that as I eat, the food itself is giving me the desired quality. The main trick is to believe it without a doubt.

I usually go with “In for hours I am waking up to do WILD” (I find it helps stating WHY you need to wake up at that time). Just set your intent and visualize yourself waking up at that time, then when you feel you’ve said it enough times - Go to sleep. And sometimes it works right away, and sometimes it takes a while for it to sink in.

Or you can just say ‘‘I will wake up at x’’ and repeat it.
It’s not deadly accurate, but accurate enough for WILD :smile:

It worked the first time I tried…but don’t give up if it doesn’t.

Remember, set your intentions to that and try to make sure that your brain doesn’t wander off.Repeat until you fall asleep.

I drink a couple glasses of water right before I go to sleep. That causes me to wake up about 5 hours later.

Or maybe the alarm clock DOES wake you up, but you subconsiously switch it off and go back to sleep, and forget that you ever heard the alarm.

Maybe you could try placing the alarm clock outwith arm’s reach, so you are compelled to actually get out of your bed?

Or maybe even across the room so you actually have to get up?

You could go to sleep knowing and believing without a doubt that you will wake up at a certain time. For me, I always end up waking up either 1 hour before or after the time I actually intend to get up, but it still works well enough.

Indeed, and it is also important to avoid trying to wake up. If you can’t avoid trying, MILD may be better.