Starting My Quest :D

So I’ve just finished reading every part of the website and I’m very excited to start my adventure to lucid dreaming. I’ve had some dreams before where I knew I was dreaming, but I never actually tried to take control of my dreams. During these dreams, I only thought what a person might say before he/she said it (which is probably me making them say it when I thought it). But I’ve never did anything dramatic, like trying to fly or change the scenerio I’m dreaming in. I’ve also had times when I pushed myself back into my dream when I was starting to wake up, which I now know were MILD dreams. So with these pass experiences I’m hoping that it’ll be easier for me to have a lucid dreams haha. I’ve decided my two reality checks are (1) trying to poke my finger through my hand and (2) trying to turn my head 360 degrees. These seem pretty simple so I think they could work. Tonight I’m going to try WILD for the first time. Well, I’m off to bed, wish me luck! (Hopefully I’m not too excited that I don’t get anything haha.)

Welcome ArtOfOneDream to LD4all! :wave:
It’s really nice to see you’re accustomed already with the idea of Lucid Dreaming ^^ a good way to induce more is to remember the feeling you had when you were in one, before bed.
Also, how did you get lucid in dreams before? That way would be also a good one :content:

Thanks for the tip tosxyChor! I don’t really remember how exactly I knew I was dreaming before… I think someone just said something that wasn’t right in the real world (if that makes sense haha).

Last night though, I tried the WILD technique. As I started to sleep, I tried making shapes form from the “light specks” (the random colors you see when you close your eyes, not sure what they’re called haha). As I started drifting off, it felt like my bed started to shake and wobble. But then I opened my eyes haha. So I tried again. The bed started to move again but this time I just kept still and let it continue. I felt like I rolled over and started falling. As I wondered about what I was feeling, I see a boy (he reminded me of peter pan ahahah) that casually floated by and took off forward into the darkness. I tried to follow him but couldn’t control myself where I was going. I’m still not sure if that was just my conscious mind making it up or if it was part of my dream. I continued to fall down but the feeling wasn’t as intense anymore, then I fell asleep unable to remember what happened next haha. I did have a dream but it wasn’t lucid and most of it faded away (i remember sweeping a stage with 4 other people haha). It was a fun attempt and now I’m looking forward to tonight!

You actually got pretty close. Here’s just a few tips to help on refinement:

1. Don’t try to control the images or light specks. The trick to WILD is to passively observe what is happening. In the end you’re really just trying to fall asleep without losing concentration.

2.If you get to the point that a dream is forming around you, try to see if you can rub your hands on your dream body. This will help anchor you into the dream world as WILD’s tend to start out very unstable.

1. Try your WILD attempts 5-6 hours after first going to sleep. You’ll go under much faster making the whole process easier.

I hope it helps, and best of luck to you!

Thanks Rhewin! I’ll keep those in mind tonight! c:

Hey. I just started my path to lucidity yesterday too. Hopefully we both are successful in it :smile:

Good luck Xouved! Maybe you can share some of your experiences too c:

I tried WILD again lastnight after I slept for a few hours. As I started to drift off, I didn’t feel the falling sensation I did the other night, but I did feel my body starting to shut down. In my head I pictured myself rubbing my arms which made my real arms twitch. It was a funny feeling haha. As I did this some more it felt like I was shifting in and out of my body. I also tried observing what I could see. I did this for a couple minutes but wasn’t able to fall asleep, so I thought I was trying to hard and decided to just let my body sleep. Again, I fell asleep and don’t remember what happened next.

I don’t know if I was trying too hard or if I didn’t keep at it long enough…? Let me know what you think. Also, when I was looking at the things I saw, I felt my eyes moving which brought attention to my real body, any suggestions how not to lose concentration?

Good luck to you (The art of one dream). I’m just recently started my quest to lucidity.

[size=75][size=7]

[/size][/size]

Sounds like good progress :smile:

I tried WBTB then HILD but to no avail. I think firstly I am going to focus on having a dream every night and writing in my DJ to improve my vividity.

Two dreams, Two nights in a row so it’s going good so far.