EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

How to give yourself nightmares

Author  Message 
RockNRollStrega

PostPosted: Mon 31 May, 2010  Reply with quote

How about having a night of watching horror movie before bed, or even documentaries on real life atrocities?

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
LD4all addict
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d

Watch High School Musical.

If that doesn't work, step it up and watch Twilight.

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
pwrmax

Watch all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and read up on anything related to Freddy Kruger.

Carnun
Pasta Salami!
cookie lover
LD count: 5

Re: looking to GET a nightmare

Fallen Youth wrote:
i havent had a nightmare in waay too long, it seems it helps me with things and keep me mentally stable. i know people who would love to never have nightmares but i want more. any suggestions on how to induce a nightmare or even better a lucid nightmare, thanks :D

Lucid nightmare?! That is absolutely awful!! I have had that once. I was trapped and acid was being flooded into the room. I thought "no problem", I'm lucid I can just easily bust my way out through the door. But it didn't work... nothing I tried work and the feeling of panic as the acid got closer... god... I never felt anything like that in real life - it seems the lucidity intensified it! I eventually passed out, but found myself floating out of the sky, landing safely in my back yard amongst the grass.

I really wouldn't recommend it.

Rubiks_Cube_Man
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Rubiks_Cube_Man has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: lost count

Mew151 wrote:
Watch High School Musical.

If that doesn't work, step it up and watch Twilight.

lol!

On a serious note, what always gets me nighmares is watching documentaries about UFOs and other creepy unexplained things. Its guaranteed to give you a nightmare. If you can fall asleep, that is

Kenty
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 58

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

Fallen Youth wrote:
i havent had a nightmare in waay too long, it seems it helps me with things and keep me mentally stable. i know people who would love to never have nightmares but i want more. any suggestions on how to induce a nightmare or even better a lucid nightmare, thanks :D

Hey Fallen Youth,

Before starting with LDing again, I didn't have a nightmare for many many years. But when starting to try WILD at bedtime (which never worked, and is very difficult btw.) I was falling asleep and "waking up" into SP about 90 minutes after that. And I had some very frightening nightmares by that, because when you can't move and the blanket feels as if it is made of lead then you will probably meet the "Old Hag" and hallucinate about all the frightening things you may encounter while being fixed to you bed.

If you want to risk it, I would recommend some attempts wink

PS: Or you could try that cat method of Siiw - I remember some movie where those cats lying on your chest are "stealing your breath" while you are sleeping :D

dntrecords
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 100!

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

it's interesting, nightmares are the main thing that triggers lucidity for me.. the fear that "I'm so scared I wish this was a dream..oh wait, it is"

Fallen Youth
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

yes! i definitely am a adrenaline junkie, i love it haha but i just need that extra push of adrenaline when i wake up, it feels awesome if you know what i mean. still haven't had a nightmare since like...i don't even know haha but for some reason all the scary movies and all that don't ever work! but i did like Kenty's sleep paralysis idea, its pretty hard for me though but ill keep trying, any more tips and tricks are welcome thanks you guys! :D

InsomniacDreamer
LD count: None yet :(

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

Have you ever heard of Binaural beats? If you haven't, look them up.
Anyway, most of them are really uplifting, but there are some that can make you anxious, scared, etc.
I haven't used them yet, but my brother has and several other people I know draait

print