Rainbow Connection

Shared dreaming?

Author  Message 
Pseudomaniac
OH SNAP!
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2 low, 2 mid

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

At the moment, I'm not yet convinced of SDs, but yeesh. Don't bash it until you have, in the very least, tried to perform it. Who knows? If it happened to me, I'd certainly be convinced. I'm skeptical, but I'm not going to completely deny it until I've experimented.

XwolfbroX
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: alot

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

i didn't get pissed from the fact that i don't believe shared dreaming is in any way EASY, i got pissed because i believed he supposedly "understood" the things on that website other than the shared dreaming topic, I've had experiences with people of the same mindset, and I can tell you right now, I have absolutely NO respect for people of that nature.

this is because of a past experience with a relative of the same mindset, and i believed that tosxyChor was one of those people, mainly because he handed me a link, and said "see what they have to say", with no more details than that.

thank you for at least saying you don't believe what their trying to tell you.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

And what if he did believe what they're saying? This is all based on subjective experiences so for all you know they could be right. It's true, there is no scientific way to prove, but there is also no way to disprove it either. In that case you can't make a hard judgment either way. I don't believe that they are correct (keyword=believe because I have no proof), but there are enough personal experiences with shared dreaming there might be something to it that I can't see.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Mars
Martian Oneironaut
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2/month

Quote:
It's true, there is no scientific way to prove, but there is also no way to disprove it either

Wait, what?

Of course there is a scientific way to prove SD!
It would be very easy to prove it, to make tests etc. (scientificly)

The problem is that there are too many people like XwolfbroX out there and working in science labs. This is what makes it so hard to test it. It's not taken serriously in the first place!

I'm not saying I believe in it or not. But what you guys are doing does not bring us any closer to finding out the truth about it.

Current LD goal(s): Go to Lucix.
Qu
Founder
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

Mars wrote:
Quote:
It's true, there is no scientific way to prove, but there is also no way to disprove it either

Of course there is a scientific way to prove SD!
It would be very easy to prove it, to make tests etc. (scientificly)

The problem is that there are too many people like XwolfbroX out there and working in science labs. This is what makes it so hard to test it. It's not taken serriously in the first place!

I'm not saying I believe in it or not. But what you guys are doing does not bring us any closer to finding out the truth about it.

I'm talking specifically about some of the more spiritual items in that video tosxy put up. I have no problem taking SD's seriously, and there have been some very interesting studies on them all ready as Q's article briefly shows.

The only trouble with testing SD's is that no one can see what youre seeing. You can do objective studies with two patients in seperate rooms oryou can monitor brain waves but it's hard to get concrete evidence. In the end, part of it is having to take people's words for it. That doesn't mean it's not evidence.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
XwolfbroX
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: alot

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

wow, ok.
Its not like i don't believe in things that cannot be proven by science, this is the view of sadists and and atheists.
I however am christian, and there is little to no proof that god exists.

what i was saying if you had understood me correctly was that I have no respect for those who believe in things that CANNOT exist.
things that CANNOT be true even in the ways that THEY try and explain.
If, scientifically, the object or being cannot possibly be real in any way.
of course, its much simpler to evaluate the persons attitude or mindset rather than do some kind of experiment, because, like I've said before, those people tend to fabricate what they believe is true, and come up with some story of "their own experience" and talk people into believing it.

Qu
Founder
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

XwolfbrowX; until not so very long ago, lucid dreams where in the same realm as what you are speaking of now... until LaBerge and Keith Hearne could demonstrate empirical proof...

But now we know your view, it's not helpful for this topic for you to keep reiterating it.

Mars
Martian Oneironaut
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2/month

pasQuale wrote:
XwolfbrowX; until not so very long ago, lucid dreams where in the same realm as what you are speaking of now... until LaBerge and Keith Hearne could demonstrate empirical proof...

You know I've been wondering.
There seem to be a lot of evidence that SD really does exist and that a lot of people have done it already. Yet it is so hard to believe that this is true (may I remind everyone that there are as many reports about men and women who got abducted by aliens...)
The question is: What does it really take to make this something believeable just like lucid dreaming?
Hence, if this has really been proven, why isn't this bigger? I mean, we're talking about SD!
On the other hand, lucid dreaming never really made it to the big news either.
But, we all can agree that lucid dreaming does exist and that it's scientifically proven.

I guess for SD you have to experience it yourself in order to make it real.
My problem is that if I keep telling myself that it's not real, I feel like I'm missing out on this. So, open mindedness does help wink

Current LD goal(s): Go to Lucix.
#Six
Reality Checker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 22 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

It finally happened to me!

Since years ago, I have believed in shared dreaming. My father (who by the way has always thought that dreams were stupid) had a shared dream with his wife a long time ago. He was shocked and his wife was shocked when they woke up and looked at each other and both started telling what they already both knew what happened in the dream. And my oldest sister who is a natural LD'er has had a few shared dreams with a couple of friends. So I was always so amazed and just a believer, but now finally I KNOW.

This is what happened:
I had a dream that I was talking to an acquaintance. I hardly know this guy and his wife except that he and his wife are into dreaming and stuff. I really have only met him 2 times and have talked to him for no more than 30 minutes tops since I met him less than 2 years ago.
Well I dreamed of talking to him, and when I woke up I checked my facebook, and what a surprise! he sent me a message with the subject: dream?

he says, hey, I had a dream you were in and we were talking, do you remember?
eek2

So I'm really excited about this because so many times I have dreamed of people and ask them about it, but they don't remember anything and the same vice versa.

So this is a huge success in my journey of dreams! grin

btw, I was not lucid, but still we met and talked in dreamtime!

happy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 29

PostPosted: Fri 22 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

"They can that think they can" - Henry Ford

"They can that believe they can" - Happy

print