Help dream research - video gamers needed!

This is a call for participation in two studies. One for video gamers currently or formerly in the military, and one is for anyone playing video games (that’s about 98% of the LD4all population I suspect :tongue: )
If you play video games, then please go to artsci.macewan.ca/videogames/ and fill in the survey :smile: you help dreaming research!

Video Game Players Currently or Formerly in the Military

Researchers at Grant MacEwan University have been investigating the effects of video game play on various elements of consciousness. They have found that gamers have empowering dreams and experience the “reality” of the virtual worlds of gaming in unique ways. This research has also linked feelings of deep absorption and flow to gaming.

All of these provocative and positive findings are being further examined by this research group. You can find out more by contacting (gackenbachj@macewan.ca). Or you can sign on at:

bit.ly/du2iKi

If you qualify, this research consists of six questionnaires asking about your general demographics, your video game playing history, your personality, your history of trauma, two of your dreams, and the impact of one of the dreams on you. It will take about 1 ½ hours to complete.

You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this research. Any questions can be directed to the lead researcher Dr. Jayne Gackenbach, gackenbachj@macewan.ca

Well, I can’t do this since I have nothing to do with the military… but…

I’m just shocked that good ol’ MacEwan is doing studies… When I went there in the Spring, which was a trip from teachers to encourage people to go to college or university, they said they would be mainly focusing on academics.

I don’t know, just kind of shocks me. And on top of that… Lucid Dreaming?

Hrm, the weird thing is, is that it was the school i was likely going to in 3 years.

Darn my young age. I did have a dream based on Left 4 Dead last night, though :tongue:

I hope you dont mind I filled the video game survey. I’m turning 18 very soon. :smile:

This was rather interesting :cool: especially writing out especially what i was doing in the game. It felt like i was a character from a fantasy story speaking.

Last chance to participate in this 2 year study!

academic.macewan.ca/gackenbachj/ … -gamers-to -participate-in-2-year-data-collection-effort/#more-139

and still looking for gamers formerly or currently in the military
bit.ly/du2iKi

On behalf of Jayne Gackenbach: thank you all for your participation!

Aww, too bad I have to be 18 to do this, I’m very much a serious gamers. (The last few dreams I’ve had were game related XP) Whatever the survey is about, I imagine that the type of game the gamers are playing would greatly effect answers and such.

Im a gaming addict, but not 18. :sad:
I’ve also had a few game-related dreams (mostly involving zombies.) :tongue:

I took the gaming survey, was really interesting. :cool: