1st lucid -> Awesome :P

Hey!
So last night I woke up in the middle of the night and just decided to MILD while remaining in bed. I had a normal dream about my young sister crying in the middle of the night. Mom woke up and told her to go to the 2nd mom (?!?!). I thought that was weird and started telling anyone that this is a dream. Then suddenly I had this strange feeling all over my body and I opened my eyes. I was standing and in a slightly changed room.
Now I never thought LDs are that realistic!!! I mean… I felt the breeze of the vent above me and everything. It was as realistic as real life :razz:
I immediately wanted to fly so I went to the door. My father was standing in the room and said: “You won’t be able to fly…” I just ignored him and opened the door… The view was amazing!!! I had a huge city beneath me with the lights and everything - amazingly realistic! I just spread my arms and started flying… The dream slowly faded away as I was was flying since I was to excited to remind myself of the RCs.
The whole thing tho, lasted only cca 15 seconds. It’s really interesting that while you’re in the dream it is just as WL. When you wake up however it feels like you just had a ND but you were controlling it. The memory isn’t the same as WL.

Anyway… It took me 3 months to get the first LD but it was worth it :smile: I still can’t believe it :razz:

Congrats on your first LD! You’re having more luck than me :tongue:. My lucid dreams so far have lasted 2-4 seconds.

Now your hooked! Congratulations!

ah awesome! I also had my first willed lucid dream last night (willed because I have had a few in the past, but they just happened without me trying). I started reading and getting really interested in lucid dreaming about a year ago, but I never had the patience to try for myself as I thought it would take a long time to get it to work. After a conversation with some friends I decided to come back to it and give it a shot. 3 Nights ago I began keeping a dream journal and making a real effort to remember my dreams and have been working of reality checks.

The first night I was swimming around in a building that was filled with water. I knew I was going to run out of breath soon, so needed to find a way out. However I never needed to, I could hold my breath forever. When I woke up I realised I should have tried to breathe in the water - if i was successful it would have made it even more clear that i was in a dream.

In my dream last night I was in a swimming pool. I was in the water for a long time and I thought to myself that I should try to breathe. I did, and it worked, and that’s when I became lucid. It was probably just luck that I found myself in a similar situation and knew how to perform the relevant RC. But then it was great! I was just in my bikini so I gave myself clothes and then flapped my arms and flew away to find a friend of mine who I’ve always wanted to talk to in my dreams. Frustrating thing is I was woken up by a noise downstairs right befre I got the chance!

But anyway I’m so happy I have been able to reach lucidity so soon, although its going to take a lot of practice to keep it going! Can’t believe how real these dreams feel it’s incredible!

Nice! congrats hoax and bluemonkey! Just keep up the motivation and practice and your LD’s will become more frequent and longer!

hoax’s LD is a great reminder for people that have been trying for a long time not to give up!

and welcome bluemonkey :wave:

Congrats hoax! That was an excellent LD :woo: ! I also flew for my first LD it feels absolutely amazing. Now that you know how an LD feels, I’m pretty sure you’ll get plently more!

i’ve only had 1 short one as well, i guess i need to keep trying