Wow... What just happened?

I’ve been trying this (properly) for probably three days and I think I just experienced… Something!

I woke up about 5 minutes ago after trying to go back to sleep whilst still thinking. That however didn’t work and I started dreaming of well… Nothing special. But then I realized I was dreaming and then said “Ha! I can do this!” but suddenly it morphed. It was like I just cracked some kind of a barrier and it freaked me out. I was suddenly flying, I had no control over it whatsoever except the direction. This lasted about a minute then I awoke. The strange thing was it wasn’t a normal world I was flying over, it was some kind of a highway in the game San-Andreas, or at least it looked like that. I havent played it in ages, I played SAMP about a month ago but that was it.

I could control my movement and stuff but it was forcing me to go forward. I first controlled it when I was about to hit the floor! Even though it looked like a game it felt so weird. Now when I think about it I was a car… Yeah… But during it the strangest sensationwas whenI was changing this graphical world.ALLthis happened in about a minute…

The reason I’m asking what just happened is because of well… As it started I heard a noise, a kind of crackling. It was sort of like the noise of having a stiff neck.Then I felt weird ALL OVER MY BODY. IT FELT INTENSE. It was like nothing I’ve ever felt before, but it felt like I was leaving myself if that makes sense…

I’m new to all this and I have no idea what that means.I know I was in control and I knew I was dreaming, but that feeling doesn’t sound right. Anyone know what it was?

(ps: my space bar is acting up and I’m typing lying down with a laptop I keep on my chair - hence any mistakes)

Also, not sure where I was supposed to post this, if it’s in the wrong section could someone move it please? Thanks.

Moved from Lucid Adventures.

Hi Jexius, and welcome to the LD4all forum !

In LD’s and ND’s your body is completely different. Don’t get scared of that. That’s the dreamworld. People are different. At first (I mean your first LD) it will feel very strange. But the second time you find a way to controll it. And leaving yourself makes sense - you were in your dreamworld… so remember, allmost anything can happen in a dream - don’t get freaked out by it. If you believe you can do it you can do it - but believing you can is the hardest thing to do - don’t give up ! :wink:

Good luck !

Thanks.

I wasn’t scared though, just a little freaked out. I had full control and as I’ve said before I was changing the scenery! :happy:

I just didn’t want to crash because I tried to stop but couldn’t, so I didn’t try taking it anywhere else, plus the fact it happened so quickly…

I played San Andreas today just to find that highway, and what do you know? I found it :tongue:

The fact I was a flying car probably had something to do with the flying car cheat on san andreas. When I think about it in San Andreas you can’t just stop :happy:

It was almost identical to that.

Ha ha… nice ! :happy:

Well in that case your sub-concious was projecting something you were probably longing for. If you say that in this game “San Andreas” there is some cheat that makes the car fly and while flying you can’t stop it, and that’s exactly what happened in your dream, id’s say that you wanted desperatly to play that game again since you actually dreamed of it :content:

Hope you understood what I wanted to tell ya !

Next time just concentrate and close your eyes and say something like “When I’ll open my eyes I’ll be safe and sound on the ground.”. You need to take controll of the dream… keep saing that “If I do X, Y will happen” - just as ToxyChor said in a guide he/she wrote.

Just be aware it is a dream and that you can do everything with it.

Have fun and hope to hear from you soon ! :smile:

Nice! Congrats, you just had a lucid dream! You said you were flying, and had no control of it right? Well, you just opend a power technique! it was weak cause you didn’t even know you could fly, but nice job! I had the same problem: when I found out I could fly on a broomstick, I couldn’t control it, cause I didn’t know how to use it. I was going all over the place. it was like learning how to drive! (but a broomstick) :smile: it took me a while to : actually let to broomstick appear, it going in the air, and me going forward, and up. I had to go my own pace, and go try to go very slowly, till i was adjusted to it. How exactly were you flying again? Was it a flying car, or by yourself? Did you have wings or something? or nothing? The change of secenry is different lucid dreams, it’s like dream travel. Let your dreams take you, and don’t get freakedout, just go with it. it’s normal, my dreams change too. it means that dreams done, and the other one is about to happen. Or your travling in differnt places, in the dream world. it’s cool cause you don’t know what adventure it’s going to take you. My suggestion: if you want to practice this flying thing, in your dream world, experiment it. Try to do things with it, bit by bit. and try to control it by pace. Like in my story. Hope I helped,andif you have any questions just ask! been lucid dreaming since I was 3.

In case you were wondering, I found the place in-game.

[/img]

I Agree with don. (we meet again!! lol)
I used to love playing harvest moon for the gamecube, i used to dream of getting this thing that could hybridize plants and fruit in game, and then i’d wake at like 8am and play it til like 5 in the day until it was dinner time :razz: (funny i wanna play it again now…)
Your probably longing to play the game. and it’s pretty cool that you found the place, hopefully your dreams can move on to give you more control now since that cheat glitched, and make you unable to stop, your mind may have thought that you really couldn’t stop.

I find it amazing that you found the place AFTER your dreamt it, either you passed by it and unknowingly your subconscious took it in, or your physic xD I vote the earlier, but stranger things have happened (Like the discovery of LD’s LOL!)

Good luck in future anyway :happy: and until we meet again Don, MWAHAHA cough HAHA!!

When it feels wierd all over your body, like strange tingling/whatsoever, this is one of the first stages to the lesser-well-known practice Astral Projection (AP – mouse over).

Thought that after it happened. I think I’ve remembered why I realized I was in a dream. In the previous dream (as the crackling started) I had a feeling in my leg, not really painful but it wouldn’t really happen, so then I thought wait a second, then all that stuff happened!

Also the NORMAL flying cheat you CAN’T stop, but that’s using something called m0d s0beit, and it has something called AirBreak which is bad for flying, just useful for screenshots :tongue:

Congrats on your dream. Even though you’re lucid, it can be difficult to control all aspects of your dream. With time and practice you will have more control, though you may choose to just let the dream unfold how it wants sometimes! :smile:

Congratulations on your first LD! Now, you need to practice your control. It’s your dream, you have full control, so if you want to stop you have to KNOW you can stop, or find a way to stop yourself. So when you were a flying car, perhaps you should have tried to land on a road and slow yourself down.
That’s about it. Good luck and have fun! :wink:

We meet once again :content:

Jexious, if you can’t controll the “Cheat” to stop, then simply make yourself fall down. That won’t hurt in a dream :tongue:. Or simply imagine yourself turning the cheat of (if that’s possible).

Until we meet again Freddo - the same old song again :woo:

Might not dream about that again, but I’m going to keep trying to get back into a lucid state.

It’s funny, four days ago I couldn’t remember any of my dreams, now I can remember 4-5 every night, isn’t that creepy? :tongue: