Petrified with fear and couldn't sleep

So, this happened a few days ago.

Throughout the day I was reading some FAKE and LAME scary stories. Throughout the day, I just couldn’t shake a strong feeling of fear. I didn’t even no why. It was to the point that I felt like crying…

Then, at night, I couldn’t fall asleep. I just lay awake, in fear. Thinking thoughts that didn’t even sound like me. It felt like darkness was trying to possess me, but some sort of shield protected me… actually, that was just one of my irrational thoughts.

It took about 2 hours to fall asleep for about 2 hours…
I then couldn’t take it anymore, and started playing my DS.

So… what do you think happened?

Hi Mew151 !

First of all, sorry for the long post :shy:

Well, I experienced many such things. During the day even if you see the scariest movie you won’t get scared. I bet on that. Now, when night comes suddenly you start thinking about the scary things that you read/watched that day.

It’s like that, day (the sun) has something special. We can’t know that an it’s possible to never know why. During the day your “guard-angel” (that is your interior mind and soul) is strong an brave, ready to face anything that may happen to him. Now the night has strange elements too which is the opposite of the day - you are weak, every shadow scares you and you think of yourself “Hey ! What’s going on with me ?!”. That’s one of the many mysteries this world has.

How to get rid of that ? Well, as I said before, everyone has a guard-angel. I prefer calling it that way because it makes more sense. In fact this guard-angel is your deep emotional state, your conscious and your spiritual life. So, during the day that angel receives power from the light the sun offers us. During the night strange thoughts wander our mind, and they appear like from nowhere.

During the night our guard-angel is very vulnerable to every thought. It needs power and strength. Take a walk outside, somewhere where people are. If the guard-angels of 2 or more people meet, they receive power and you won’t get scared anymore. You can feel that just being with another grown-up person. You could also simply pray to God to give you enough strength to carry on. But, let the guard-angel speak for you in your pray. Just say whatever comes on your lips.

Don’t believe me ? Don’t think such day and night elements exist ? If you don’t believe me, take this test. Just click the spoiler:

[spoiler] Well, let’s do a test shall we ? During a sunny day, go outside look at the clouds and at the bird (if any). Look at the trees look at the light the sun offers us. Then, while looking thing of things like demons and Satan. Try to scare yourself. You will notice, that even your darkest thoughts won’t have any effect and you’ll continue to feel happy.
Now at night, turn the lights on. Take a chair in front of a large window and look outside, look at the stars and at the black sky. Look at the darkened world. IF you can, close the lights. Open your window (if it’s a warm summer night). While looking at the things night has to offer (stars, moon etc.)let the same dark thoughts you had in the day wander your head. Think about something scary. You’ll immediately get freaked out and shake in fear looking around your room while biting your nails in fear.

If you take this test and don’t feel exactly what I said (age doesn’t matter), it means you either believe that God truly exist and he will help you and helps you, and thus you won’t get scared (very true), or you are not telling the truth or it’s not night. Take the test…if you can :wink:[/spoiler]

I’m telling this from 100% personal experiences. I felt this. I know this is true. The best thing to do if this happens again is to interact with another person.

Even tough this happened to you, it may not happen to everyone. People who never saw a horror movie or read a scary book have bigger chances to not get such fears. Most of the people don’t have them, but there are lots of people who have them too. Autosuggestion could help too, but only if you truly believe in yourself.

Hope that won’t happen again for you ! :wink:

Thanks…

What about the part about the irrational thinking?
Stuff was just coming out of my head from nowhere.

And I was almost literally petrified in fear. I barely could move, and most of that was shivering in both the cold, and fear.
It took all the courage I had (left) to get up and start playing video games. :bored:

I know how bad it is, believe me. When thoughts were just flooding your mind, means that your “guard-angel” (like I said, emotional state, spiritual life, feelings etc.) is very weak and vulnerable. But in your case it seems to be so veeery vulnerable, that it went crazy flooding yourself with all the darkest thoughts ever, and you couldn’t control it.

If you want to hear the “spiritual” explanation of what happened click the spoiler.

If your guard angle is very vulnerable then all the “bad spirits” can enter it and make you think whatever they want you to think. If you wouldn’t have got up and played video games you would have started to hallucinate what you were thinking of. And you were very close to that as you could barley move.

If you feel like that happening again, go for a walk in the town - it’s the best thing to do. But if you can’t or don’t want to play a video game or do some activity which requires much concentration so that you forget about your fears. You could also join a chat and chat with someone. Listening to a heroic-like music is also good. Even thinking of something nice, daydreaming or wisteling. That helps too :wink:

But playing video games was an excellent choice :content:

:eek: Good thing I didn’t hallucinations!

And I (irrationally) started playing heroic-like music in my mind.

Jeez, I didn’t know fear could get so… fearocious? :tongue: (lame pun, i know!)
In a more serious note, I find that when I get afraid or paranoid (curse those late-night horror games! XD) I do something to take my mind off it. Get online, listen to some music (NOT “Scared” by Three Days Grace! :tongue: ), play some non-horror video games and listen to music, watch something… etc. I never had it get to that point, but I think as long as you can will yourself to do something that relaxes you, you can dissipate your fear.
Hope that helps. :smile:

:sad: I’m sorry that you had a bad night, Mew.

Every now and then I get a week or so where I am petrified of falling asleep. What if I don’t wake up? What if someone tries to kill me? What if the moster in my closet is real? What if I stop breathing? :hug: I usually read a book until I can’t stay awake any longer.

The fear will go away. :content:

Feel better, Mew! :hugs:

Aww… Puffycloud - that’s right. Don’t be afraid Mew… come here guys, all of you. Group hug :content:

[center][/center]

Definitely the best way to put it! :content: joins the group hug

Everyone’s welcome :smile: Let fears fly away :happy: