something with time in a dream...

so i had a dream where i was in school but could only remember looking at the time, the weird thing was that the time was normal and wasn’t spinning around everywhere(this was a ND)

is time in dreams always suppose to be spinning everywhere? or can it also be the right time?

:yes: That’s right. RCs can fail us sometimes. In real life, we expect the reality checks to pass. The time is always right, your finger will not go through your hand, you can’t breathe with your nose plugged ect. ect. Because of this, this sometimes translates to our dreams and they do exactly what we expect.

The good news is that you ARE doing reality checks in dreams!! :good: You’re making good progress!

I’ve read (laBerge) that clocks and text will change or be completely incomprehensible in ND. Other LD researchers and authors (Wagonner) say this ain’t necessarily so and that your mind creates it’s own rules in certain situations such as this. Myself, I’m trying to tune into the DS’s that apply and work for me.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is set in stone in our dreams. You can read text, write legibly and check the time with no issues in some cases. It’s true, these items tend to be unreliable and will usually work as reality checks, but not always. Besides, it’s entirely capable for you to interpret @HF2:002@ as 3:32 p.m. because that’s what your SC wants you to see it as. It takes a pretty decent level of awareness to catch these things.

Who says the time is supposed to be spinning around? o.O The reality check says you look at the time, then look away, and then back at the clock again. Usually the time has changed or something like that.

I’ve never heard that before, but of course anything can happen in dreams. the RC with clocks that you’re thinking of is with digital clocks, and so there is no spinning involved; you look at the clock, look away, and back, and the time should change or the numbers will look weird

My son read my copy of LaBerge’s Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, and had a LD that night. I had told him about my reality checks, the wristwatch thingy and also, to look at a book, and for me it would always look different when I looked back at it…but he said the watch and book looked normal…even though he WAS lucid, and went on to do some fun stuff… We are all different, and all dreams are different… That’s why I try to have lots of reality checks to try whenever I think I might be dreaming!