I know im going to sound crazy, but...

In fact yes, you do make some sense. :smile:

Have you ever heard old people (60, 70 years old) saying something like “It seems like only yesterday I was playing football…” and start telling their stories from when they were young ? Well… that could be something related to what you are trying to explain.

Still, I 90% don’t agree with it :tongue:… and supposing you are right. How could we know ?

Yes, I’ve thought about this concept quite a bit recently, mostly due to Inception. Something else to mull over is what if we just took a sort of “life” drug in another state of consciousness?

Sorry but… you don’t make any sense right now :tongue: (for me)

You’ve taken those words out of my mind sir. I have thought about that a lot. I know it ain’t true but i do think about it

That is quite possibly… possible. :razz:
Many people can come up with their own theories and opinions, but the truth of the matter is, no one really knows. Most of us will continue living our mainstream lives, saying that this is reality, and our dreams are simply dreams.

But there could always be that small doubt, I suppose. That this is not reality, and maybe a dream? How could we know? Maybe its not as simple as becoming “lucid” in our dreams?
It could be that we may never come to realize it is a dream, as in, perhaps this is like a movie: We live in this “dreamworld” while the “real” dreamer is asleep. But when that dreamer wakes up, our “dream” life is put on pause, and we are completely unaware. Then when this dreamer goes to sleep, our dream lives (which would be what we consider “reality”) continue as if there was never any interruption. Just some ideas/thoughts :content: (Sorry if that was confusing xD)

Its difficult to say anything for sure, but the way things are, I suppose its easier to say that this is reality.

Yes, and what if the Empire State Building just suddenly turned into a big banana split? You may think that’s ridiculous, but what if?

Heh, I’ve thought about this before, even back when I was 10 or so. =P I think that it could be true. I mean, there’s so much that we don’t understand about this kind of thing that anything could be possible.

We are thinking about it, we know it’s likely not to be true, but we can’t know if it’s true or not, so… why think ? :content:

According to a lot of Tibetans and other people in this world, the life we live really is a dream! I fully believe this as well, and have made it my life’s goal to snap out of it! Not been successful so far, but I do believe we all have to capability to become enlightened.

oops I should of posted this ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight= here. Its perfect for it. Maybie a mod can move it for me. I was meaning to, but I couldnt find it. I honestly do think that life could very well be a dream. Or maybie we are in the cave man days having a dream that when we wake up from it it will be like one of those dreams that was deeply profound, and weird, but we cant begin to grasp it when we wake up. LOL

Or do you think we will raise to a higher state of consiosness when we wake up. We will go into another dream fully lucid. Maybie we are all one person. I dont know I love these what if questions.

I was walking along the railroad tracks the other day, and I looked at them, and was amazed. Look at a railroad track… There are wooden ties every foot with 8 spikes in each one then they lay gravel under the track, and then you have the rails. It allmost seems impossible to do that think of all the miles, and miles of railroad tracks in America, or anywhere. They had to cut wood, and shape it, and lay one every foot. I was thinking that what if it is just the Matrix put it there, because. If you really give it some thought thats pretty unbeleivble. Go look at a railroad track, and think about it. Oh yea, they allso had to make the rails, and spilkes thats alot of metal, and you think it was done by humans. I dont think so it was Aliens man. No it was the Matrix. Built by Aliens. Aliens didnt build the pryamids they were making railroad tracks in this dream world. Allso trains is aliens moving. Its the perfect cover. They hide in the train. It cant be stoped, and nobody ask questions. Ok thats getting a bit off topic, but to get back on. We are in a dream world, and railroad tracks are the proof

Kava, you aren’t making any sense right now :tongue: Railroad tracks are the proof for being in a dream world ? Aliens ? You sound like… eh… won’t say. Come on ! What’s the big deal ? Miles of railroad. You know, there were people working all day, hammering and getting paid to do that. And now with these modern machines, like those huge helicopters which can lift a whole oil tanker in the sea, and with those huge ships which are more than 100m tall… it doesn’t surprise me a bit that they could do miles of railroads…

You should take a break Kava… and, sorry for the off-topic discussion - hey, It wasn’t totally off-topic :content:

but i always thought they would think that everything around them is just a construction of their mind, with other words it’s no shared dream at all it means I’m the only real being while everything else is a creation of my mind and thats why none of you are real.
I myself don’t belief that but think it’s quite realistic (dunno how else to say)
just that i think it’s too risky to belief such things cause i then would have to live with the consequenzes if this isn’t a dream.

Edit: haven’t seen the second page sry

That sounds quite a bit like solipsism, the idea that the person believes that they are the only true being and that everything else is just part of their mind. I’ve thought about it before, but I just learned the name yesterday after playing a game called ‘Solipskier’. :tongue:

lol i wanted to play that as well but had to go xD guess i’ll do that now!

Sorry I was mostly just joking, and being a smartass. I think I will take that brake, and just rest up spiritualy. I think its just that Im so happy its my favorite time of year, and I usualy go crazy around this time, but I really really do beleive that this is a dream, and we are going to find out the truth very soon. Like I said in a earlyer post about Crop circles are being made like crazy, and UFO sightings, and the government is releasing its UFO files to the public. Probley because they know something is fixing to happen, and they dont wont to look foolish. The truth will be revealed to all. this is the calm before the storm so to speak, and we have evolved to the point where we have everything we need to prepair ourselves. Like the internet. Or what I like to call the tree of knowledge. Wake up your dreaming. I would just like to know what happens after we realize we are dreaming if its true that is.

Even in what we call our “waking reality” many of us are asleep, I practice dreaming awake and find that what once seemed solid begins to dissolve allowing me to co-create with life as in a lucid dream. Being present is the key.

“The wise say that the two states, dream and waking, are one…though in fact the objects of waking experience appear as real, still the are unreal” ~Gaudapada

“Recognize this infinite variety of appearances as a dream, as nothing but the projections of your mind, illusory and unreal.” ~Tsele Natsok Rangrol

“…the universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine” ~ Sir James Jeans

“The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you’ll know that you’re dreaming” ~Dio

That’s not crazy, we can’t know for sure after all. So who knows if that’s true or not.
After I saw the Matrix I went around for a looong time thinking about exactly this :razz: It’s really interesting.
I believe that we know very little about what’s really going on around us. We think we know so much but actually we don’t. Hopefully we’ll wake up sooner or later :peek:

Hey what if we are never born. Think about it do you ever remmber being born, and parallel to reincarnation… Do you ever remmber dying. What if we just constently exsist in away. Atleast maybie to expirance the end of the world, or whatever, but we may never remmber dying, because we dont. Maybie this dream life is somehow refreshned like a computer when we sleep (Maybie the refresh butten is hit on certain dates, or eclipses, or full, or blue moons. So we just keep going, and going, and going, and the illusion of the Matrix is what is causing our fear of death, because we obviously see others die, but whos to say they are not part of the Matrix program designed to cause the fear of death, and to hide the truth from us, while we are in a constant state of eternity. Maybie our job is to over come fear so that we can live in a eutopia society, but if we ever do reach that point. The “game will just start over again”, an for those who believe in heaven, and hell, and are dissapointed… Dont worry you go to heaven, or hell every night in your dreams. Thus all religions can be true.