Creating a second life in lucid dreams

Hello folks ^^ Since I’m new to lucid dreaming, then of course I got a few questions regarding it, and here’s one of them:

So I’ve just discovered this lovely site after wanting to learn how to become lucid in dreams. I’ve already had my first lucid dream, it happened some months ago, but what I experienced during that dream is nothing of importance…høhø x) But what I can tell is that I became too excited and woke up even before a minute had passed…I know, beginners problem. I got a bit depressed by this end and stopped trying, until today!

After encouraging myself, I’ve gain the will to try once more, because I believe, and KNOW, only by the brief momemt I actually were lucid in my dream, that the reward will be far beyond the efforts it takes to make it happen.

Anyway, now that I’ve been blathering about stuff I don’t know why I said, I just felt like saying it…I will ask the question that is the purpose of this thread:

I’ve been pondering about this for quite a while, and with not having the skills to test it out (yet), I hope that by asking you, I will think of this no more.

Lets say I’m in a world I’ve just created, and start to do…whatever I feel doing, and then I suddenly wake up from it…(and here comes the question!): Is it possible, by the next time I’m having a lucid dream, to start off where I in the first lucid dream woke up from? As if I can just continue doing whatever I did in my first lucid dream, in the same world I were in?

You can think of it as having a second life, only that you’re living this life in your dreams…and since you can’t stay in the dream forever, maybe you can continue it the next you’re having one.

Hope it didn’t cost you too much confusion, I’m not really good in explaining things xD I can still try explaining it in another way though, if you really found this confusing…

Hey, :smile:

Nice idea, it’s kinda similar to chaining except over a longer time period. Maybe this could be a lucid experiment :wink: .
Good luck on this :smile: ,
Rich

Yes, that is very possible! Of course, it’ll take a lot of practice, but it’s do-able. You may want to take a look at WritersCube’s dream journal. It’s great motivation. :spinning:

I hope this answered your question!

Yup, WritersCube is the guy you wanna check out.

You could do this with autosuggestion or when doing WILD force the scene you want to appear, but however this is very hard and only very experienced lucid dreamers could attempt it. Also, I don’t really see the point. Isn’t it much more interesting to do something different each LD?

Thx for leading me to WritersCube’s dream Journal, I definitely found my answer there ^^ And he really got a lot. Havent finished reading the first page yet, but i bet he’s very experienced by being able to do all that, not to mention recalling so much from just one night! Did he really have a LD which he experienced as 2 weeks, but only lasted 9 hours in reality!? Is that even possible? o.O

Rubiks_Cube_Man:

You can do much different things in just one world, but you do have a point. But what I thought is that I could get to know different dream characters, instead of just meeting them in one lucid dream, and then they’re gone forever by the next time you’re dreaming (because then I’m elsewhere in another place). :smile:

It is possible, I for example have had dreams that felt like some days, but the RL-time was just 3 hours if I remember correctly :lol:

Wow, that’s awesome!! O.O
Btw, are u the wise guy here? Not many people who’s 112 years, haha xD

yea, “112”…

My dad taught me how to go back into the dream and continue it. He didn’t have a specific technique except to re-focus on the dream that he wants to continue and then fall asleep consciously focusing on it. I believe it is also referred to in Tibetan Dream Yoga.
Many times if I don’t like a dream outcome I will consciously fall back asleep and change the ending! :wink:

So basically he’s doing some kind of a WILD technique? Ain’t that a bit hard to do without using the WBTB with it?

Hi Haddock,

He basically can do this whenever not just with WILD or WBTB. He never read any books about it, he just kind of always had this ability. He can pick and choose which dream he wants to continue before sleep.

Lucky guy!

Anyways, thx for telling me what he does, I’ll try that once I get the hang of having lucid dreams at all :tongue:

I have a re-occuring dream world. I work on my dreamscapes a lot in dreams. Anyways, I don’t go back to where I left off; my “world” has moved on without me :tongue:

Also, talking about long dreams, my longest ND was several months (it was VERY vivid), longest LD was 2 days.

I’ve had a few locations I’ve visited more than once in my dreams. It’s really very fun. I also know some people who are constantly in one of the same locations in their dreams - they say that their mind has given up inventing new dreamscapes, but I think that it’s really cool. Also, draw/paint/write about your dreamscapes. Dreams are a great source of creativity and you can do a lot of stuff with them. Build one of them in Lego! :tongue:

Of course, creating a second life in dreams sounds like it lead to insanity, in a way. That life will never be real, and whenever I catch myself thinking too much about my dreams, I have to remind myself of that. Otherwise, who knows what might happen - I might decide to throw away my real life because my second one is too much fun!

That sounded a bit more serious than I meant it to be, but still… good luck with your lucid dreaming!

sounds possible

Creating a little dream world isn’t going to lead to insanity, moonsong :tongue: If you are lucid, you know you are in a dream, and you are just making your dream world more vivid, which is a good thing :happy: Also, I have had similar dreamscapes and people all my life, so why not build and perfect on them?

Haha, I know, I was kidding. I love dream worlds. :content: I just don’t think it’s healthy to obsess about them (I say this mostly for myself, I have a tendency to obsess over simple interests). Doodling dreamscapes in math class is fun!