Soo... how realistic? (inception reference)

Hi there, after watching inception for the second time today (i really liked it what can i say :tongue: ) it got me wondering. How realistic can LD’s really get? can they be as realistic as they are portrayed in the movie?
Personally i’ve had a couple of LD’s but i don’t recall them being as vivid as the ones in the movies, but then maybe i’m still bad at this and that causes my Ld’s to look blurry?
So, tell me how your LD’s are and if you think you could get really lifelike Ld’s with more practice or something.

Any time I get LD’s, they’re usually identical to WL.

I havent seen the movie yet but I can say that some of my LD’s (but most of my ND’s) are very realistic :tongue: in an LD it doesnt really matter but in an ND its better if its unrealistic so that you may do your RC’s :razz:

I’ve had LD’s that had bad visuals, like an aged and overexposed film, with no other sensory engagement at all. Sometimes it’s fuzzy at the edges, like I’m looking through the bottom of a glass. But I’ve also had LD’s that were more vivid than WL because I’m no longer shortsighted and astigmatic in my dreams. It even includes smells, background noise, and textures that I usually ignore in waking life and I wouldn’t expect to be included in my SC mind. I could look around at a crowd of people in a vivid LD and I swear they’d each have their individual clothing, facial features, mannerisms, etc., it’s all amazingly detailed.

My dreams are very vivid, the only time I remember a “fuzzy” or “vague” dream was the first time a RC worked. Up until that point even that dream was very vivid, it was the realisation of dreaming that made it blurry but thats probably just down to practice on my part.

As for realistic… well my dreams tend to include everyday objects and situations but there are always some odd twists thrown in. I’ve seen inception and apart from the dodgy science of SD I didnt see anything that made me think “that would never happen in a dream”.

I loved the film by the way. :grin:

I once realized I was dreaming and was trying to wake up because it was kind of a nightmare… I jumped and yelled… felt stuck in the dream and then a thought occurred to me!
I decided to remember how I fell asleep in my “waking reality” and got in the same position in a bed and fell back asleep in the dream in order to wake up in my “real bed”

It worked! And yes it was super real in the LD.

Well, I haven’t seen the movie, but LDs can range from being very vague and blurry, out of control with no sensory experience to WL-realistic and even more!

It just depends on certain dreams.

All my LDs have been extremely realistic - that’s what makes becoming lucid so difficult. Aside from the strange things that can happen, the experience itself is basically identical to real life. That’s one of the things I like most about becoming lucid…you have that moment when you realize that everything you’re seeing and feeling is being created by your own mind, but it’s so convincing that you almost can’t believe it. It’s awesome! IMHO, the fuzziness we associate with dreams is usually just a byproduct of our poor memories. When you’re inside the dream…it’s as real as can be.