Is memorizing everything

For so long I thought I wasn’t having dreams but recently since I started using my dream journal I’ve had steadily more dreams. However my question is whenever I say I didn’t have a dream was this just because I had payed so little attention to them I sort of stopped carrying the memory onto my real life. I often hear many people speak as if they’re in control of themselves during the dream. For example “I spoke to my friend” or “I picked up this”. But for me it seems as if I had no experience of any kind and the dream was just a series of random events with no real interaction. It feels as if I’m just having a couple of vague visions throughout the night and theres no interaction. :sad: Am I just thinking this because I don’t remember the real experience or are there often dreams just like the ones I think I’m having. :bored:

yep i think it’s all about memory i was like you and since i started with this i had dreams very vivid and such!!

Hi Oasiac,

When you wake up in the morning do you immediately begin to think about your day and what you have to do, calls to make, or do you rest there with your eyes closed and see what images may come before they fall into “forgotten” memories?

The dream journal is amazing for dream recall, even if it is a fragment of an image or a name or color… the more you record what you remember, the more you will remember… it may take a while, but sooo worth it! :smile:

normally when people dont pay attention to their dreams, and have less and less of them, the quality starts to fail, meaning all forms of communication are either abandoned or forgotten when you wake up.
normally when you start remembering dreams more often, everything starts becoming as real as waking life, and suddenly you start doing more realistic things, to where anything out of the ordinary makes you think “i must be dreaming”.
meaning, as you progress in lucid dreaming, normally you start to talk to people more often.
normally.
some people always talk to other people in their dreams, it just depends on the person.

@XwolfbroX

Its been 34 days since I posted this thread and what you said seems to be true because today I had a dream in which I had 2 conversations I’ve never been able to recall conversations in the past.