Knowing gives Opposite Effect

Hello there,
From what I heard of some people, ( Well, like almost everyone… :razz: ) has said that the events are hanging on if you “know” its going to happen, but with me it never worked.. But on certain moments, I get something really great effects when I think the opposite! For example, in a non-lucid dream, I forgot to actually refill my wallet, ( Mine gets empty really fast… )
and thus couldn`t pay my lunch,
I was scared about that though,
and opened my wallet to check anyway, but the money was magically filled infinitely…
Does this means I have to think the opposite to get the effect? But then,
if I going to “know” that if I think opposite and so get the desired event to happen, would I not get
the same problem? Please help me… :sad:

Hi Opposite,

Some people create a desired event in a dream through wishing or through a direct intent. Some undesired events occur out of fear. The best way to find out what works for you is to try out different ways. Experiment. Everybody has a unique way of making things happen.

Good luck!

:smile:

I can’t say I am sure what you are talking about, but the dream imagery of your wallet refilling itself reminds me of a recurring dream that I had for many years. I would come out of class (university), find my car, but could not find my keys. After having that dream many times, I finally reached into the pocket of my jeans, and pulled out the keys! That dream stopped, but I used that technique (sometimes lucidly, sometimes not so much) in many dreams after that…reach into my bag of tricks pocket and pull out whatever was necessary. Even relatively normal dreams can be fun if you even remotely begin to affect them. Fun dream!

Well, I mean, most people say "If you think its going to happen, it will happen." but with me it never worked, but the opposite did.. Euhh.. I cant make any sense…:confused:

Hey Opposite !

I suggest you not to apply the believing thing in your case too much. Do the following: if you want some bread to appear in front of your table just say something like “When I’ll clap my hands and open my eyes, the bread will be there !”. Don’t think to believe or not - it will definitely happen even if you believe it or not - it works !

Now, the opposite doesn’t work for you. Nothing works for. Why ? Because you doubt things too much… “What if I think the opposite ? Or should I think the believing thing ?”. No ! Stop questioning, do it fast so that you won’t have time to think. Fast - close eyes clap hand - tataaaa bread in front of you :content:

And if you do something wrong, don’t mind it - it’s just a dream :wink:

I think it’s because everybody’s wired differently. Nobody can be able to accurately tell you how to do things in dreams, only how they personally do things in dreams. How you do things may be different because it’s your mind, not any of ours.

I know now that my dreams tend to strike back with garbage and nightmares if I try to tell it what to do head-on. I had to learn to bend instead of break, find a sense of harmony instead of domination with my dream world, before I could do things like teleport or spawn items. That’s just the way I work, so understanding manipulated my dream-world substance far more effectively than confidence. Maybe longing or wishing or even loss is the more effective active force for your mind?

this is actually kind of bad for you.
everybody is different, and the same goes for everyones minds.
people with a mind that tends to wander in dreams, (aka, nearly 75% of the world) you can actually fall out of your current dream and enter a new one if you close your eyes.
considering your dream is as real as waking life, i use passive dream control, its a bit of an old topic that…toxychor i think his name is, idk, he came up with the names for two styles of dream control.
passive and active.
passive dream control:
treating your dream like waking life, not interfering with the fabric of your dream by spontaneously creating things in midair, instead of conjuring that Ferrari, why not go to a car dealership behind the building to your left, and hijack one?
or maybe think that the keys are already in the ignition, and you can just turn the keys and drive away.
the best parts about passive dream control is that it is nearly as similar as waking life, only difference is the fact that you can drive a ferrari on a bridge 500 feet off the ground, go off a ledge, jump out, and open up that parachute you just put on to land on an island with a humongous beach house full of everything you’ve ever wanted.
you should try that sometime.

active dream control:
the ability to spawn anything anywhere are any given time, kill any monster with a single touch, and make things blow up with your mind.
this may be cool as hell, but this puts your dream in jeopardy by making it as opposite as waking life possibly can be.
this makes your eyesight fuzzy, maybe like your extremely high, it makes your dream unstable, some things that normally wouldnt happen, even in a dream, happens, random things like that, it really depends on the person though.
the point is, it could eject you out of your own dream, and even make you wake up, and LD’s arent a thing to waste.
and this is actually a HUGE misconception that i’ve seen, just saying, when i clap my hands, _________ will appear!" and then doing it rarely works for anyone.
what you want to do is subconsciously think of whats going to be where, and when.
like thinking, hey, i wanna drive that kick*** red car i saw on that commercial yesterday!, and then, thinking about where you want it to be, (car dealership, parallel parked next to a curb, etc.) you turn a corner, and since you EXPECTED the car to be where it was, its there.
the key is to expect it to be there, like you do in your house when you wanna watch tv, you dont sit down on your couch, grab the remote, look up, and see your 200lb tv missing.
you expect it to be there.