I keep panicking...what to do?

I tried to stay aware as I was falling asleep…but whenever I would feel vibrating…I would freak out and wake up, my heart would be racing.

How do I calm myself down? I think I’m also afraid that I will be paralyzed.

Sleep Paralysis is only temporary. You do it naturally every night when falling asleep, you are just not aware of it. Fear ruins everything! Do some research on this and find out that nothing ever happens when doing this. Put your mind at ease and conquer your fear.

Problem is, usually i’mnot afraid of it. I know what it is. my body just naturally gasps for air when Im attempting a wild.

I think I am just going to give up on WILD. It’s not worth putting myself through this trauma.

Well, your body doesn’t go through trauma, it goes through this every night. the only trauma you go through is al in your head because your concious mind is experiencing it for the first time. I never had a full on wild, but I hear it’s worth practicing and doing them, so don’t give up!

The only way to calm down is to experience it. I know it sounds crazy, but once you let it be as it is and don’t wake up and actually getting a LD (like I did) you will think (just like I did) “Hey ! That was interesting ! Let’s try that again !”

Now, the big secret for WILD is that at first because you are afraid of that SP and those vibrations you actually get them ! Now I want to get them and I don’t get them :tongue:. If you do this, I assure you that you will feel the same and anyone who experienced this will approve (I think…)

Anyways, Good luck with it !

That’s so true!! Now I get too calm and I fall asleep during my WILD

I haven’t experienced much of this stuff, as I haven’t made any serious attempts at WILD, but I know from what little I have experienced that it can feel pretty scary, even when you know what’s going on. If you want to continue with WILD, just let the scary feelings happen and don’t try to stop them. Realize that they can’t hurt you and decide to just ride through it. If you can’t do that…maybe another technique would be more suitable for you. :smile: Even just WBTB without WILD can be pretty awesome…

It gets said a lot, but it’s important. Do WILD 5-6 hours after first going to bed. You’re much less likely to have issues like this when it’s done then. You may still feel it some but it won’t be as extreme because you will fall back into REM sleep much faster.

I agree with Rhawin; WBTB has been one of the most efective methods for me.
But Sheep, you shouldn’t give up on WILD because it’s frightening, trust me it’s worth it.

It was a few years back, so I don’t remember all of it, but I remember that it was one of the most vivid LD’s I’ve ever had, it was my first succesful WILD, and when I fully came into the dream state it was like all the HH’s around me turned into water… then they really did, and I was in the ocean, I flew out of the water and proceeded to have an awesome LD.

If you find yourself gasping for air, you should focus on your breathing, it’s a good way to stay conscious and it’l l keep you calm too. And don’t worry about the water thing, I can usually breathe underwater in dreams, if you successfully WILD you should be nicely lucid and won’t have a problem with it (If you even get the water thing)

I’ve been trying to WILD for a few nights now. It seems like my only problem is keeping my eyes closed. When i start to see lights and get those vibrations i have the strangest urge to open my eyes. It’s like they don’t want to stay shut. Kind of when your purposely holding your eyes closed to trick someone into thinking your sleeping. It’s really frustrating.

Thank you for all of your helpful responses. I might attempt this again now.