Group Reality Check

I get better on my RC’ing :grin: but I still forget to RC in the trains and trams, thats where I get my dreams :razz: but at least Im going in the right direction :cool:

I’m actually getting better at remembering to RC when I see myself in a mirror. That’s odd. :eh:

:grin:

I’ve been RC’ing with mirrors consistently - it’s a great idea!
Also I’m keen to participate in another RC check point if one’s being set for the next week… :cool:

Bodom (David)

Mirrors never occur in my dreams :razz: (except when I spawned them in my last LD :cool_raz:) so I think its time to make a new checkpoint, my reoccuring dreams are about trains and such :tongue:

is it too late to join in? I often see mirrors in my dreams, this could be a good way to get more LDs

zdag, its never too late to join this thing :wink: the experiment was meant to feel the group being present every time you do the RC, feel free to join :content:

Wow, what an awesome idea! There’s always strength in numbers. :cool:
Good luck to everyone. Unfortunately I hardly see mirrors in my dreams. Probably because I avoid them in WL. :lol:

It’s okay if you never seen mirrors in your dreams. The idea is that it is just a set RC point, so that you get into the habit of doing the RC along with the group.
A few others and I have had success in becoming lucid during this Group RC, and I hardly ever have remembered dreaming of mirrors before.

GHOSTIE11, Yes, it is now time to make another reality check point.
The mirror has been great, and I think we should still always remember to RC when we see a mirror, but also we will now have a
New priority check point!

So I have an idea to
Keep the Mirror RC going for another day or maybe two, :mirror:
but meanwhile we can put in some suggestions on a new Group RC point. :smile:

It should be something that most people come across everyday.
I have 2 quick ideas:
BOOKS - like every time you see someone reading one, every time you pick one up…etc.
or KEYS- every time you use yours or see someone else with one, etc.

Any more ideas? Please share. And meanwhile keep up with the Mirror RC’s! :content:

Its monday! I think its time to update the RC Check Point! I think we should always keep the old check points as days go by! And make RCs to those old check points as well! I’m sure this will help incredibly.

Hey FretDancer! :smile: Looks like we were posting at the same time :wink: Do you have any suggestions?

:grouphug: :rc:

How about…

• everytime we open packages, books, containers, electronics, etc…
  • whenever we hear/see a specific word
  • everytime we put on our shoes or see someone put on their shoes.
  • whenever we hear a phone/cellphone ring
  • whenever we touch a door handle, or some type of handle
  • everytime we see some type of liquid
  • everytime we walk up and down the stairs…
    we’ll do an RC.
    :grin: Thats all I can think of at the moment, I’ll post more if I can think of anymore.

Yeah I noticed when I submited my post :razz:

Hm well your idea about the keys and books is really good, but if I where to think of something I’d say umm, a clock/watch , a plane flying, the sound of a car honk and I’m sure I’ll come up with better stuff :razz:

nope, I’ll stick with the mirror RC for a lot longer! I am really slow on the uptake so maybe in a couple of months my brain might actually put a mirror in my dream. :tongue:

May I join too?

Even though I’m really, really late to the group? :smile:

(I really like the stairs RC idea. . . )

I’m at a friend’s and I told her about the group RC thing. Since I keep forgetting to do the RCs, she has to remind me to :happy:
But none of us had a LD this week :meh:

You know those abandoned film scenarios in which you hear a dog barking in the distance? I think this has a certain surreal height like lucid dreams and it would be a nice idea to do a RC everytime you hear a dog barking.

I think I did 4 or 5 mirror RC’s and I’ve only been awake for 3 hours :tongue: I myself still need a few more days to let it sink in though so it becomes a habit, but that’s ok. We should start adding RC’s! (slowly :shy: )

I prefer something more “unique” (I like the key one!). But that’s just me. Something to general like going through a door is a but TO common for me so I would never remember it :rofl: Books or putting on shoes might work too (hey, I often have dreams where my shoes are hard to put on!)

Ditto here!

haha, that RC of course depends on where you live! Here on Kauai life is pretty keyless except for starting the car or motorbike. We’re still able to leave the doors unlocked to the house, my car keys are in the ignition, and my motorbike keys as well. I like the book RC.

The barking dogs and keys would work for me, but then I have a dog and I don’t live in Hawaii ( sigh ) . What about a R.C everytime you turned on/off the tv, sat down to watch it, or stopped watching it. Or all of the above, but with your computer.

Hey, I’m gathering all your suggestions and absorbing them into my reality checking oriented mind :shy: Well I just want to throw this out there: Ever heard that to make something a habit, all it takes is to repeatedly do it 21 days in a row?

Well, we should SERIOusly keep up with the Mirror Reality check. But still, like mattias said, -slowly- add on more.

I also have the idea that we can do a certain Type of RC.
Like every time we see the Mirror, we can try pushing a finger through(seriously expecting it to go through of course!)

And for a new reality check, I’ve seen Book mentioned a few times. I have seen people reading in public a lot or even just holding a book. Hey, books are common!

Like every time we see a book, or someone with a book, or even reading a newspaper… we could all do the Read, and read again, RC ! Like now, I read this sentence:

“I am reading a sentence.” then I look away and imagine it says something different, and then look back at it. Is it exactly the same?

(wondering if a new Group Reality Check topic should be opened)
Until anything… Lets KEEP UP with ThE MIRROR! Be serious about reality checks. If you have been slacking then that is what weakens the group. I’m going to check the mirror now, crawl through it and see if I can come up with better backwards ideas. :wink: :mirror: